• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Writing Your Name Instead of Link Reduces the Epicness?

well since getting windwaker again there was only one name i could give the hero. MULLET! :) :yes:
i always give silly names to my characters (not just zelda games)
in twilight princess the hero is called whelk :S (yes i know i'm very childish/sad :(

Djinn

and Tonic
I have honestly never put much thought into the naming of characters in pretty much any game that allows it. I just as well go with the names the game provides for me. In fact I get more annoyed when the main character of a game has no name at all and I need to invent something for them from scratch. I think it does change something when you alter the name of a character. I never really got any impression of having it make the character more personal to me or anything not could I do anything like pretend that I was in their place in the game by doing it. It's just not something that I have taken into account much. I just hit yes and skip over the naming part and move on to the game as quickly as possible.

i always name him link because it just doesnt feel or sound right when he is named something else

godess reborn

Blame The Cricket
I've always used Link as my name. It kind of gets me in the character, and I feel like I'm experiencing the story a little more than if I used my real name. But some people are more involved in the game if they use their real name, which is cool too.

I use Link for one reason. every time I see my name in the text i feel i look nothing like link so decide not to use my name

In my case, no, it does not. In fact, for me, it makes the game so much better. For some, anyway. It depends on your name and what you think of it.
Personally, I love my real name (Seth). I love the sound of it, the look of it, how it's spelled, everything about it. I've always used my real name for my file name (even the first time I ever played a Zelda game, and had no idea the game would use my file name as the main character's name)
And, maybe it's because they both have four letters, but I think "Seth" flows just as well as "Link" would, perhaps even a bit better. Still one syllable, and it still fits well, in my opinion.
It always irks me when someone has entered their real name for Zelda and it just doesn't flow very well or have a heroic feel to it... Charlie or something like that. I like that name, but not for Link. In general, single syllable names work better, I believe. Like Seth or Drake.

In fact, I've gotten the image of Link being referred to as "Seth" "Seth, Hero of X" "Seth, chosen hero" that whenever I see Link, my mind doesn't click and think "Link." It immediately identifies that person as "Seth".

Last edited:
I like to write my name sometimes, but I also enjoy just having Link. If im gonna have to decide which is the best, then Link is probably the best choice.

i always write Link, because the creators intended for him to be named link and two... im a girl. Link has all these things that are lovey with zelda and its just awkward. Link is its own character and i feel like if i name it something else its just... weird. I went back to playing tp two days ago and i named epona Fi because i completed ss but the main character... no

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
I never really put my name down, but I don't use Link's name either. Instead, I call my guy Marth all the time! My twin bro always calls him Link, so I counter it with Marth's name (our favorite pair is Link & Marth :)).

I have also once called him Gaff. Gaff is from an awesome TV show known as Eon kid, he was my absolute favorite character!
I don't think very many people know about it anymore :(, but its still an awesome show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom