• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Writing Your Name Instead of Link Reduces the Epicness?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I never use my real name. Whenever I don't use Link, I use my pen name, Alphonse. I can't use my real name for Link. I just can't bring myself to do it. Not only do I not have the right kind of ego (no offense to people who like to use their own name) to do it, well... when you're traveling vast and beautiful lands, fighting your way through dangerous dungeons full of puzzles and traps, and battling the faces of evil themselves, Zak just doesn't cut it.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
If I make a file to experiment with glitches or goof around speed run etc, I use a random noun or my name. If I am actually playing, I always use link. It just feels proper.

I've never used my name or Link, actually, so I would have no basis of comparison. It's worth noting, however, that Link is actually supposed to symbolize the player, not to be a character himself. So, given that, I'd say it would be truer to the experience to use your own name.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I always use link. You're playing as Link aren't you? changing his name is like if you had the choice to change mario's name. Plus I think using the name Link gives the game a much more traditional epic feel

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
Yes, I always choose Link- as the name of the player, since I'm a girl, so I suppose that it's less comfortable playing the game like that, but the main reason is, that I do really think that reduces the epicness... sorta.

No, especially not in SS! When I got the Master Sword all powered up, it was written: And only Erik may wield it! That was epic, but Ill hope you could put up 10 letters on your name.

During my first playthrough, I always play as "Link." Then when I replay it, I put it as "Dany" (aw yeah ambiguous names :cool: ). Kind of makes it seem more personal and as if I was actually saving the world. XP Ah, the wonder of video games... =[

Most of the time i use my name, but it is kind of weird because i'm a girl, so sometimes i just keep it Link, then the second time i change it to either the name. But then other times, like in Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks, i name Link "stupid" so Zelda keeps calling him stupid :lol:

Z

ZeldaScrollsV

Well, I always name him Link because the first time I played OoT, my cousin was like no we should name him Link, and it makes sense, reduces your thinking, like, name him this, name him that (I even named my Redguard character Link, hehe). One funny thing is name him Zelda, its like Zelda, lets save Zelda!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom