• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Writing Your Name Instead of Link Reduces the Epicness?

I always use the name Link for my profile in Zelda games. It just seems strange to me to use my own name. It actually takes me out of the experience when I do.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
I name him Zelda. Why? I have three reasons:
•It messes with the game "Hi I'm princess zelda! Whats your name? Oh... its Zelda too?"
•Its what I stupidly thought Links name was all those years back.
•It makes people irritated :D

i actually doesn't use link or my name. when i was about 7 years old my brothers save file was named link, so i came up with the name LUKY. being a 7 year old norwegian, i thought it meant lucky. :)

I use to put my in random names (not even my own name... just names.... ~some of them were even... girl names.... which makes it that much more weird~~~ (grammar oh well)...
Now I always uses Link... :D

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
I use my own name for the first playthrough but then Link for the second or third time.
It's kinda funny because I'm a girl and obviously Link is supposed to be a guy.
In OoT Darunia named his son Rachel :3

I ALWAYS go with “Link” for my first time through the game, definitely. My real name, for one, is always one letter too long to put anyway, so the few times I’ve used it were to distinguish my file from my nephew’s, my sister’s, or my father’s, but I had to spell it differently and I made sure I had beaten the game at least once using the name “Link”. Somehow I just think of him differently when he’s named that, and so I take it more seriously than when the characters are calling him by a girl’s name. Katherine just doesn't sound the same, anyway. So for the most part, I try to keep it as "Link". :>

I use my name because it actually makes me feel epic. I mean it's not everyday that I get to go on quests,play sings that warp me to temples, solve puzzles, ride horses, ride birds, go into worlds below clouds, defeat evil villains, wield The Blade of Evils Bane, and restore peace to a kingdom.

It could go either way really it jus depends on a persons preference. I have always used Link as the name and my brother always uses his own name

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
Yeah, definitely reduces the epicness if your name isn't epic sounding.

Like most people, I always use Link for my first playthrough. But by the second playthrough, I know the story, so I name him something more... fitting.

For example, in OoT I was Chrono and in WW I was Jack. I was almost Bill Murray for MM too.

I don't really know why, but I always use Link. It must be because I am OCD about keeping the canon of things I enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom