• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Anyone Here Receive/buy GameInformer?

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I was just wondering if you guys read the GameInformer video game magazine. I do, and I love it. It's the best all-purpose video game and technology magazine on the market in my opinion. It's full of video game news, previews, reviews, etc. It also has a lot of really good opinion, entertaining, and informative articles for the gaming and tech idustries. Not to mention they get first hand looks at games yet to come out, and are usually first to detail information about upcoming games. It's also really funny, as the writers have a good and witty sense of humor.

Yeah I got a one year subscription through GameStop. They are fun to read, however, I hate how they usually leave Nintendo out of most things and usually just talk of PS3 or Xbox 360 stuff.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Nah, I just subscribe to Nintendo Power. However, if I see a Game Informer I sometimes read and see if there's anything interesting in it.

SirBeta

Beta is βetter.
Yeah, I get GameInformer. I'm annoyed by how it usually leaves Nintendo out and sometimes even rips on it. The only reason I still get it is to see if there's anything interesting going on.

Yes, I love GameInformer. The editors are really funny, and they actually give nintendo the treatment it deserves, unlike other gaming publications. If you don't agree with me, i'll just say that they gave Skyward Sword a 10/10.

I used to get Nintendo Power but I haven renewed. I get Game Info but I don't read every page. My favorite parts are the parodies which are absolutely hilarious. I also like the 5 random tech items listings/reviews not that I will ever buy something mentioned in it.

Last edited:
Yup! I love GameInformer! I just got the new one...yesterday, or the day before. I read about this new game I wanted to know more about called Xenonblade Chronicles, and I'm gonna give it a try. I love knowing about new game, and other games ratings, thanks to GameInformer. :D

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Yes, I love GameInformer. The editors are really funny, and they actually give nintendo the treatment it deserves, unlike other gaming publications. If you don't agree with me, i'll just say that they gave Skyward Sword a 10/10.

I have to agree with this. They do leave Nintendo out to a degree, but honestly I can't blame them. I am a diehard Nintendo fan, but it isn't as important right now as Microsoft and Sony when it comes to the amount and quality of good games and innovative hardware. But when Nintendo does do something great, they are first to praise it. They gave Skyward Sword a 10/10, Super Mario Galaxy 2 a 9.5/10. The editors also love Zelda and you can find little Zelda goodies all the time in their articles and sections throughout the magazine. They devoted the majority of their magazine to Mario and Zelda when it was their 25th anniverseries. They praise Nintendo when they do good things, but Microsoft and Sony are the 'hardcore' gaming leaders right now, so they focus more on them. But they're certainly not 'Nintendo haters'.

Yup, I've had an active subscription to Game Informer for years now through Gamestop. It's actually becoming a problem finding a place to put all of those magazines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom