• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Dodongo's Cavern Hidden Room!

I found out about this a little while ago, but I just got a ZD account. Did you guys know that if you go to the Dodongo's cavern(to the room where you first fought lizalfos), there's a hidden room behind the lava! Just make your way to the farthest platform from the entrance(the lava won't be touching the platform) you can jump through the lava into a little room no larger than the door itself(in fact, it's half the size) which contains a single recovery heart. I've only tried this on the 3DS and N64 versions, but I think it's on all of them. It's not really an interesting room, but if you're somehow having trouble with the lizalfo's, you can just jump into this little room and take a break. I haven't seen a youtube video on this, so(as far as I know) I'm the first person to find this! I doubt it, but I still like this little Easter egg. Have fun!:)

(No rude comments plz!)

Last edited:

MW7

Wow thanks that's really cool! I wonder if that was in the original game too. I have never heard any mention of this before, and I certainly didn't know this was there.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You can jump through the lava there?! I figured it would only damage you; the Lizalfos distracted me for 14 years so I never fully explored that room. o_O
It's great; you learn something new even after you think you've mastered the game! xD

A hidden room? Hmmmm, that might come in handy when I play through the 3DS version again. Amazing discovery. Lemme google for more info.

Yikes! So this room has been around since 1998 and it's only taken till now to be discovered? I won't completely disregard the possibility that maybe a few people have discovered the hidden room, but not even Zelda Dungeon has acknowledged it... I think.

Anyway here is the room in question.

SL385851.jpg

I must ask you Amazing Link, What possessed you to jump into the Lava? Or to politely put it, How did you discover this room?

Last edited:
14 years to take such a glitch to be discovered. GOOGLE isn't even bringing good results. This is crazy!

A-Actually, Vaati101, I was fighting the lizalfos and accidentally jumped off the platform here. It was an accident, but I found it! He he......yeeeaaah.....

"I was in the room where you fight those lizards jumping around platform to platform, on the second story, when I decided to blow up the rocks blocking the way to the other part of the room (in Master Quest).

I accidentally blew myself up (lol) and fell to the first story. Somehow I landed on the other side of the lavafall. There's a little room on the other side of the lavafall that contains one heart on the ground. Jumping through the lava doesn't hurt you for some reason.

I'm really lucky to have found this like that. I thought it was cool.
---
Everything is a journey. Explore ALL."............found someone who found it too! Frankly, I don't really know what he's talking about, but hey! he found it! Oh, and this is from Gamespot.com

Last edited:
Its really hard to understand, but its all we have. The internet wasn't fully developed in 1998, we couldn't trace a conversation on the web of this in 1998 or a few years after easily.

He he......I guess I beat you to it, SuperSwell! Wow....I'm having amazing luck today.........my first ZD profile, and i've already gotten a lot of comments! Awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom