• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Plan on Buying Kirby's Epic Yarn?

Well, I plan on getting it eventually and playing it, but not really buying it. I'm not a huge enough Kirby fan to warrant putting down 50 bucks right when it comes out, and honestly, I'm still having doubts about the game itself. It seems that the core aspect of the game, inhaling and getting powers from enemies, is gone. Replaced by mere transformations that don't seem to have the amount of depth that, say, Crystal Shards had when it came to combining enemy powers. Is it really true that Kirby can't float anymore either? That would be another huge minus for me, since like the copy ability it's such a core aspect of the series. Also, the art style DOES bother me, just like Skyward Sword's. I just don't like it. I really don't care if it's innovative and creative. I would like for once for Nintendo to either stop trying to cover up how horrible its hardware is graphically wise with "innovative" graphics styles or just actually try for once. It'll be neat to see how the style is incorporated into the gameplay, but I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive it.

Story looks meh as usual. Never was a big thing for Kirby anyway, but this one seems even worse. Yeah, most of the stories in the series consist of Kirby losing a food item and chasing after it, with the exception of Crystal Shards which I think did an actual okay job with it. But he gets sucked into a sock. Really? The ground feels like PANTS!? Normally, this wouldn't bother me, because I know I'd enjoy tradition Kirby gameplay so much that nothing else would really matter, but since even the gameplay this time around seems doubtful, I can't help but think other elements should be stronger, story included. But since this is a game still aimed at younger audiences (as the series has been since the NES days, with framers intent included), I doubt much work was ever put into it. I'll probably get it for a Christmas present, but other games deserve my money right now. Like Birth By Sleep.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I kinda want to get it, but I have to still remember about Skyward Sword. Aaaww man, next up is Epic Mickey, and Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Sonic Colors. MAN, so much stuff I want to get!!

A

AlucardMAXX

Well.. I have it and I love the game... It's awesome, But, in fact there were some things that I didn't liked at all... I miss inhaling and copying enemies... also, the music is more like a tale for children, and I really missed the insane and awesome music of Kirby series...
Anyways, I enjoyed EVERYTHING :D The gameplay, the visual style, and the interaction between Kirby and the background

If I were a critic, I could give it 9/10 (because of the music)

I am getting it, but not until Christmas. I want it and need it (for something you will find out in 2011 if you follow my zelda site in my sig) and am pretty excited for it.

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
Yep, I got it. It's visually beautiful. I can say that. And, it is challenging to get every item plus a gold medal for collecting beads. A very fun game so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom