• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Have A Home Invasion Plan?

*Not sure if this topic is sensitive enough to go in MD, I assumed it wasn't but feel free to move if needed*

The topic of this thread is simple: Do you and your family have your own home invasion plan? Fire escape plan? Robbery plan?
No, I don't mean a plan to go invade someone's home . . . I mean if, God forbid, you were having dinner and some freak busted through your door. I realize it's reallllly scary to think about, but I'm curious to know if most people are actually prepared for something of that nature.
I know my family isn't! Honestly, my only hopes ride on my Pitbull who I hope would know well enough to attack . . .
What is your plan? Is your whole family agreed to it? Is it fool proof?
The reason I've been thinking about this lately is that me and my mother recently had a very frightening experience. I was in her room, watching television, when I look to her bedroom window (it's nighttime) and I see a hand print, clear as day, on the window. I literally screamed. And when I go to look further, what do I see? Another hand print. Someone, with both hands, FROM THE OUTSIDE, literally tried to freaking slide up the window, which thank God was locked. I'M TERRIFIED.
Anyways, in avoiding having to go to bed scared as heck tonight, I've made this thread. I realize I'm not prepared if something like a robbery were to happen in my home, and I want to see if others are . . . Am I the only one who avoids thinking about this stuff?

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Yes, I sleep with a mallet under my pillow and a croquet mallet at the side of my bed. With this, I also have bells on my door and a trip wire which I set up myself. Needless to say, they will not be getting very far coming into my house. My plan basically consists of conking them on the head, duct taping them up and then calling the police while securing his weapons.

Wow, the experience you detailed truly is frightening. I've never had anything of that caliber exactly happen to me, however, once someone threw an egg at my kitchen window for whatever frick of a reason.

Unfortunately, I do not have a home invasion plan. I don't understand why not either. My family is rather intellectual and yet no specific plan in cause of emergency has been drafted at least that I a, aware of. It seems that unfortunately not all lessons learned in grade school health class are readily applied to life.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Uh... I guess if that kind of stuff, like a robbery or a fire, happens while my family and I were in there it would probably turn into an "every man for himself" scenario. If there was a robber or a crazy guy in my house I want to say that I would grab a large object and try to knock him out but once i'm in that kind of situation I would probably act very differently. If my house was on fire I would jump out of the window of my room (the most likely place I'll be) which is on the second floor but the fall won't hurt too much. I just hope a fire doesn't start from that window. If any of this happened while we weren't there that would probably be a little bit better because we have insurance.

I Like Zelda

Extremely Serious
My house has been broke into,(thank god I wasn't in the house when it happened) and my Wii and Xbox360 got stolen.
So my extremely psycho mom now has some kind of blunt or sharp object in everyroom of our house.
She scares me more then a home invader.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Yeah, pretty much. I keep a sheathed dagger near my bedside at all times for when I didn't have time to get to my replica of William Wallace's sword. Wouldn't much time to take out a guy with a gun, unless he was caught unawares. But their weapons would be pretty much useless once I got my hands on the sword. I'd bash them up till they submitted and hold them at blade's point while the police were on the way.

That's only if they can get past the electric fences, homing missiles, wall-mounted laser guns, pitfalls filled with wolverines, well hidden mines, and the springboard welcome mat. Oh yeah, and my rabid Chiuaua named Spike.

Last edited:

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
I have a softball bat next to my bed. so dont play a prank on me at night, cause you might get whacked in the head. but no i dont. ill just have to sling my bat around like a crazy person hoping you dont have a gun lol

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
I sleep with a three inch folding knife and always have a good backpack with a survival kit inside. I'm not skilled in fighting whatsoever, so I'm basically screwed. I'm getting a new knife for my birthday that opens as fast as a switchblade, so that'll replace my other folder. I also have a bow but it's not in my room.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Well I live in a small flat three stores high and have some sharp knives in my house BUT even if I would need to defend myself with it I still have to be careful. Because in this country it is clear you get charged yourself even when you defend yourself in your own home except when the one who attacks you hurts you first. So even when someone threatens to kill your family you still have to be careful before you can use any kind of violence as a defense. Nice laws :dry: I have a fire extinguisher in my house. It is a small one but it is something.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
My family is nogunz so firearms are out of the question unfortunately. The deadliest objects I have in my household are a crossbow, 3 foot steel pipe, and some crowbars and steel hammers. So basically I would have to either hide or use stealth to get the invader when he doesn't know I'm there.
Stupid gun laws. Why must they be so hard to get for normal citizens to get when criminals can easily get hold of one?

No. I live alone - well, with roommates; not a typical "family," per se. My apartment complex is a closed-quarters, close-knit community, and the way it's structured makes it difficult for burglars to try anything. My personal 'plan' is to have measures in place to prevent intrusion to begin with. There's a law in my state that gives me the right to defend my household from intruders [only if they've actually gotten in.] As such, were a situation to occur where my safety is on the line [in my home], I'll defend myself [and my household] by any means necessary - be it by generic weapons or my own two fist. That being said, I think I'm more than prepared for anyone who decides to break into my home.

I can also dig a mean trench if I put my mind to it. [noparse]:P[/noparse]

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I have a plan, but I didn't have to put a lot of thought into it. It really just fits with my default behavior. We have an alarm system, of course. We're very careful to make sure the doors are locked and deadbolted at night. I sleep with a phone next to my bed, and a TracFone in my pocket. It would be very easy for me to call 911 and report the crime. Also, I'm paranoid and sleep very close to an exit, so it would be trivial for me to climb out of the window if I heard something. We also have insurance in case something is stolen. My plan basically consists of avoidance, prevention, and a recovery strategy.

The one thing I'm not prepared to do, however, is defend myself. If the person gets to me armed, and begins to attack... I'm pretty much screwed. I would probably try to put my hands up and go along with whatever they demanded, because that's my best chance for survival. Most burglars really just want your money and possessions, though, and would rather not fight you. These are usually crimes of desperation or greed, not malice towards the individual being robbed.

C

CosmicCucco

Fire Plan: Pour Water? I Dunno.

Robbery Plan: My Parents Leave Us Home Alone Many Times. If It DOES Happen, I'll Grab My Sister And Hide In The Closet. Either That OR Jump Off The Balcony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom