• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Difficulties Admitting You're Wrong?

Do you have difficulties Admitting You're Wrong

• Yes

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Someimes

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Only to the ones I am close to.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan

So I was bi-curious as of late and wondered do you find admitting that you're wrong difficult? It's natural to be wrong about a subject every so often, so I'm sure we have all been wrong at some point, and if you have never been wrong well... congrats?

I don't think so. I know I'm not a divine all knowing God, and thus always try to consider someone else's view. You can always learn something.

D

Deleted member 14134

Is there anything your not bi-curious about? I voted no. I can't admit I'm wrong because I never make mistakes.

I think all people struggle with it - it's just a matter of what particular aspects you're referring too. Some are cool admitting they got facts wrong, but then won't budge on outside realizations that other things are wrong (you know, living in denial). I certainly have struggled with all of the above.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
I think all people struggle with it - it's just a matter of what particular aspects you're referring too. Some are cool admitting they got facts wrong, but then won't budge on outside realizations that other things are wrong (you know, living in denial). I certainly have struggled with all of the above.

I think the issue might lie in confusing what we generally believe as our social identity. "X isn't what I believe, but rather what I am"...

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
If I said, no, I fully expect to be responded to with laughter. And would have been offended if there wasn't any.

Everyone has a hard time with it to some extent. For me I don't like simply taking someone's word on something. I get very, very angry when someone insists I simply change my mind about something for no more reason than "because I said so." I need proof. Something tangible I can wrap my head around so it makes sense. If I get proof and I find it compelling, I'll change my viewpoints. Like any good scientist would. There were many things about the drama last year I was wrong about. I changed my perspective when I was shown concrete, compelling proof. Maybe people find that annoying, but it's how I deal with it. No one wants to change their mind about something without a good reason and that's how I find mine. That's not so say it's ever easy, and it's not going to feel good later after realizing you were wrong. That's the way it goes. We're only human.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Frequently, it doesn't help i'm a wordy ass sometimes and so when people start saying i'm wrong when i think i'm right i go on the defensive and due to my habit of picking up information tend to go for people's insecurities as a way to end the argument and me being me i do it in a way that's mostly grandstanding. Why? Cuz i don't mind being told i'm wrong but someone shows me up and boy will you regret it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It depends. I can be very stubborn and hotheaded. So when I'm wrong I'll admit it but immidiatly go in defensive mode. It's a bad habit and one thatá hard to break. It also depends on who's on the opposite side when I'm wrong.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
So I was bi-curious as of late and wondered do you find admitting that you're wrong difficult? It's natural to be wrong about a subject every so often, so I'm sure we have all been wrong at some point, and if you have never been wrong well... congrats?
Thank you for the congratulations Dan.

Malia

Passive aggressive custom rank B)
Yes and no. I'm usually okay to admit when I'm wrong, and even sincerely apologise, but if I've invested a lot of energy and time and anger into an argument, and come out wrong, then that's a bit harder to take lol. I mean, doesn't mean I like it under either of those circumstances haha, but it's especially hard when I've worked up why I was right all along. And I wasn't. Because I'm a prideful **** lmao.

I have no difficulties admitting I'm wrong. I just need to cool down and review the argument in my head first. Then if I'm wrong, I'll admit. I do like to ****-stir sometimes and I do have a problem letting others have the last word.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
It's hard admitting you're wrong, and anyone that says no is honestly kidding themselves. Nobody wants to admit they're wrong, it's human nature. We want to be right. So I voted yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom