• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Deku Nuts

Oh, there was one room in the Spirit Temple, and during my recent playthrough, I couldn't quite figure out how to hold down this one pressure switch. The only thing I could think of was stunning the Armos standing all over once they were standing on the switch.

I used the Deku Nuts, and it worked. I suppose the Hookshot might have made it a bit easier, though, if it even works on Armos. I also may have not been supposed to do that, but I'm not sure.

A

Ando

You can defeat Gohma without the Deku Nuts? Uh, guess I never tried that. :O

Beyond Gohma, I never used Deku Nuts in OoT, though in MM I like to run around slamming a Deku Nut in front of any enemy that cares to look.

The only times I found the Deku Nuts usefull was when fighting several enimes at once, but even then I rarely used them. However, they were useful for freezing enimies and then placing them on pressure switches and whatnot. They were slightly useful against redeads, too.

And I also don't understand how they could possibly be useful agaist Gohma. She was constantly moving around on the ceiling, moreover, it was faster, for me at least, to just attack her with your sword when she was knocked on the ground then to use Deku Nuts.

A

Ando

Well you don't attack Gohma with the Deku Nuts - you wait till she hops down from the ceiling, then you slam a Deku Nut in front of her, stunning her. While stunned, slash. She climbs back up and the process repeats.

Well you don't attack Gohma with the Deku Nuts - you wait till she hops down from the ceiling, then you slam a Deku Nut in front of her, stunning her. While stunned, slash. She climbs back up and the process repeats.

I never knew that the first time I played the game.

I was horrible back then, and it took me about 3 trys to beat Gohma, so I wish I had know that earlier.:(

A

Alkarius

Never used Deku Nuts. I just fight the monsters head on, They can't hurt whatever it is I'm trying to kill, so I see no use in them.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I actually used them all the time. On the lizard enemys in Dodongos cavern and on other enemys I cant remember. I would stun them with the deku nuts and the hit them with my sword.

I guess I didnt need to use them. But I had fun useing them ^^

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
The Deku Nuts were a tad helpful when you were a kid. Once you were an adult, you could just snipe people, rather than have to Deku Nut 'em.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
It'd be cool if you could teleport short distances with them, like some characters. :D
That'd be great fun!
Sorry if someone has already said this, I didn't all the pages.

General Lee

Classic Gamer
I also found them usleless, so I never used them. To be hounest I didnt know what they where supposed to do even. They are supposed to stun opponents is what people are saying it looks like. That could be useful against some enimies but I never bother to collect them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom