• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Deku Nuts

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Saw this in the 'useless item' thread and think it deserved its own topic.

Okay, in all honesty, In Ocarina of Time, the deku nuts were one of the first items I got and I used it on like all these random enemies, yet I never really figured exactly what it did. Supposedly they are supposed to be useful when fighting Gohma??? Not so sure how useful they can possibly be, since using the slingshot and sword defeats Gohma in a matter of seconds.

Did anybody ever really use these at all? Is there some hidden use that I just never realized these things were good far? Heck, they probably have some sort of use, but after using them at first early on in the game, I realized how useless they were and just never bothered with them.

What the deku nuts were for, were to freeze your enemies, kind of like a return of the 'clock' from LoZ.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I never used the deku nuts, they are useless because they can't be used as a weapon, it only stuns and doesn't hurt the enemie.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
only time i used them was in lord jabu jabu. they were handy against those floating bubbels before you get the boomerang and it was also handy again those flying creatures that would fly toward you. not the biri but the one that has wings and they hide in the water unless you got close. with a deku nut you could pop them out of the water and then fire at them with your slingshot at a distance.

Kybyrian

I didn't use the Deku Nuts at all. They were pretty much useless in my eyes. I didn't really need to use them. They were used for temporarily paralyzing your enemies. Plus, you couldn't find them everywhere. I just didn't think highly of them.

The only time I can remember using the Deku Nuts was in the Forest Temple to freeze the Stalfos so I could kill them faster...but other than that I didn't really use them. If they could teleport you like what Impa did in OoT, they would be awesome.

Kybyrian

Heh, that would be awesome. Using the Deku Nuts to teleport. It would make navigating much more easier, that's for sure. The only reason they had teleporting in Twilight Princess was because the place was big.

I found a use for them finally.. in Master Quest. In the Spirit Temple, when you go through the hole as kid Link, there are some torch slugs in there, and for some reason, a bunch of **** doesn't work on them when you're kid Link, but nut + stab seems to work alright.

Heh, that would be awesome. Using the Deku Nuts to teleport. It would make navigating much more easier, that's for sure. The only reason they had teleporting in Twilight Princess was because the place was big.

Nearly every Zelda game made had some type of warping, not just Twilight Princess.

Kybyrian

Yes, but in Twilight Princess there were so many warp points. Like in Ocarina of Time you could only warp to the Temples.

linkman8

True and Noble
I wish you could've used something to teleport to places like Hyrule Field, or Kokiri Forest, or places like that. Not just places close to them. Maybe I'm just lazy.

Kybyrian

Yes, but the land in Twilight Princess was so vast. Therefore making it way too hard to navigate without warping or Epona. Even with Epona it took a while.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
lol sudennly the subject changed from deku nuts to warping. the only connection i see with deku nuts and warping is sheik and impa, with their neat little trick when they dissapear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom