• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cowboys Vs Aliens

I know the movie title sounds stupid, but when I saw the trailer all I was thinking was OMFG DANIEL CRAIG AND HARRISON FORD IN THE SAMR MOVIE!!!!!!! JAMES BOND+INDIANA JONES=EPIC AWESOMENESS!!!!!!
What do you guys think?

Djinn

and Tonic
I really don't know. Just seeing the title and a promotional pic I just thought to myself "There is no way this movie could ever possibly be kind of good."

I will wait until someone I know sees it first. A couple good actors cannot always stop a trainwreck. This looks like another Van Helsing to me.

I loathe it when they say the movie is good, then you see it and it was terrible. For example, a friend of mine saw "Megamind", and said it was horrible, but one of the best movies he's ever seen. Either movie critics don't know how to tell the truth, or someone is paying them to give it a good review.

Also, vatti, you actually have a point there.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Personally, I love the premise. It reminds me a lot of District 9, which I loved. Setting an quasi alien invasion in modern day South Africa is brilliant. I don't think that setting an alien invasion in an old western is that far off.

Sure, the premise is a bit rediculous, but it's no Ninja Assasin, Crank, or Transformers. From what I've seen, it looks like a good production. We can't really know about the story until we see it so I won't make any judgements, but the plot points I've seen so far (mysterious alien bracelet thing, gives user various powers, use said powers to destroy aliens) workable even if they're basic.

I'm not writing this one off yet.

Now that I think about it, they usually do the whole "Number One Movie in America!" act with more kid-oriented movies. It seldom happens with movies that appeal to older audiences. Also, sometimes the people who make these movies usually put in actors that people really like to make up for the fact that the storyline and everything isn't really very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom