• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Can We Roll in This Game?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I love rolling. It's been a staple of the Zelda series since Ocarina of Time, and it's too highly praised to be taken away. Needless to say, I will be devastated if it's not in Zelda 3DS

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
i hate to tell you guys this, but with the top down view, we wont be rolling, i know it sucks, but till OoT we just Ran (with the Pegasus Boots) into trees to get apples and rupees, i just dont see the point in rolling in a Top down style game. The boots with trump rolling everytime in a Top Down game!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
i hate to tell you guys this, but with the top down view, we wont be rolling, i know it sucks, but till OoT we just Ran (with the Pegasus Boots) into trees to get apples and rupees, i just dont see the point in rolling in a Top down style game. The boots with trump rolling everytime in a Top Down game!

We were able to roll in The Minish Cap and the DS games.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
There are some buttons open if they chose to add it

From the SNES
B: Attack
A: Use/Dash
Y: Item
X: Map (move to select)
L: Open (wall form?)
R: Open
Start: Menu
Select: Save/Quit (put in menu)

Never had a problem with the rolling in PH. I honestly found it a bit tougher to pull of in ST.

Same here. :/

I hope there's rolling in the new game. Don't see why there wouldn't be. Tap the R button or something. Easy peasy. :I

Fair enough, but wasnt the roll in MC part of the boots..... i cant remember

No, you had it throughout, it was assigned to the R button while moving around.

P

Phazer Effect

There are some buttons open if they chose to add it

From the SNES
B: Attack
A: Use/Dash
Y: Item
X: Map (move to select)
L: Open (wall form?)
R: Open
Start: Menu
Select: Save/Quit (put in menu)

Isn't the A button open also? In the gameplay it shows the A button icon blank (except when you're next to a wall so you can merge to it).

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
...Pretty sure the rolling wasn't a problem lol.

LOL you obviously misunderstood what i was trying to do there, im sure rolling wasnt a problem, the "Fart Noise" is just my general opinion of PH and ST LOL. i just hate em, they could be so good, but they went off and made you use that damn touchscreen.

No, you had it throughout, it was assigned to the R button while moving around.

oh yeah, well in that case my mind has changed, this would work just fine!

Isn't the A button open also? In the gameplay it shows the A button icon blank (except when you're next to a wall so you can merge to it).

yeah A is pretty open, it opens chest and (when the boots are in game) you hold it to dash, tapping it could let you roll if they already have something going on there. i think R is our best bet for rollin though.

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick

The A button in the SNES version was the context switch - Grab, lift, open, and dash. If they include the boots, it's probably how they'd be activated. If not, it could easily be the roll.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
.... These boots were made for dashing... and that's just what they'll do... one of these days these boots are gonna dash into a bookcase to knock off the book of mudora sitting on top of it.

I don't care if there's running or not. I wouldn't be effected by it either way UNLESS there is not return of the Pegasus boots. They were so convenient they allowed you to travel decently fast while still capturing all the details you needed to whereas with epona you're going a bit tooo fast.

CPainter307

Lost Woods Explorer
If it stays true to Alttp with gear, rolling may not be in the game as the pegasus boots were used to crash into stuff.

But it might be cool to see both in the game.

Personally, I'd prefer to see the Pegasus Boots instead of rolling. Don't get me wrong, I love the roll in the 3D Zelda titles (getting places faster, help in combat, etc.), but I believe for a top-down Zelda, the Pegasus Boots are much more effective. They allow much faster movement, and damage to incoming enemies. It simply works better for a top-down Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom