• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Can We Roll in This Game?

P

Phazer Effect

To many it might seem like no big deal but to me it just won't seem right if Link can't roll :sad:
any thoughts?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't recall being able to roll in A Link to the Past so it's doubtful we'll be able to roll in Zelda3DS. HOWEVER, we must have hope, so don't feel too bad just yet.

Clank

Hmm
I am not sure, but I actually would rather them just include the Pegasus boots.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I was thinking they would do this but why not just have both?

People will cry redundancy if we can have both. In fact, the rolling ideal in Skyward Sword is very redundant since sprinting exists; rolling is only ever used to abuse stamina fruit in Silent Realm runs...

ALTHOUGH, I think they melded perfectly hand in hand in Minish Cap, rolling and P.Boots...

People will cry redundancy if we can have both. In fact, the rolling ideal in Skyward Sword is very redundant since sprinting exists; rolling is only ever used to abuse stamina fruit in Silent Realm runs...

ALTHOUGH, I think they melded perfectly hand in hand in Minish Cap, rolling and P.Boots...

Hm... I've never looked at rolling that way in Skyward Sword. Our opinions differ in that I found rolling to be more of an optional maneuver [alongside sprinting] rather than a redundant gameplay quirk. Either one uses it, or one does not; it's up to the player to decide. Rolling is SS is among the very reasons I find said game to possess the most options in regards to gameplay yet.

At any rate, I hope to see the return of both rolling and sprinting in Zelda 3DS. It'd be interesting to see it in this so-called "ALttP 2."

I wouldn't mind just seeing running and rolling in future Zelda games. I also wouldn't mind seeing the Pegasus Boots return in the future games.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
In fact, the rolling ideal in Skyward Sword is very redundant since sprinting exists; rolling is only ever used to abuse stamina fruit in Silent Realm runs...

Hm? Rolling in Skyward Sword exists to knock stuff out of trees and whatnot (which is what it was designed to do all along, getting around faster wasn't the developers' intention), and it can be used to instantly get under short crawling spaces. It's not redundant. It's still used for its intended purpose.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
There has to be rolling. That's the actual point of Zelda; all the puzzles, combat, saving Zelda, defeating Ganon etc. are just side-quests for you to entertain yourself with as you find more places to roll in.

So I very well hope this feature is in ALTTP2.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
There has to be rolling. That's the actual point of Zelda; all the puzzles, combat, saving Zelda, defeating Ganon etc. are just side-quests for you to entertain yourself with as you find more places to roll in.

Again, rolling wasn't designed to get you places faster. It was designed to roll into things like trees to knock items like rupees out.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Thanks for that. I didn't even mention that rolling got you places faster, in any way, but, thank you...

P

Phazer Effect

You should be a comedian!! You're too funny!

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
bob1.jpg

if we dont get both we will for sure get the boots!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom