• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Burnable Trees/bushes ?

Do you think that SS will have burnable trees or bushes that unveil secret passageways? Or do you even want this? Post your thoughts.

Personally I hope that SS has this.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
i want every tree i shoot with fire arrows to catch fire and you can save it with bottles water, let the fire arrows actually effect the things you hit them with ;)

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
:)That would be cool! But I'd rather return some old ideas instead.

Actually this is an old idea. It was featured in the original LoZ where you could actually burn some bushes and there'd be a secret passageway or something hidden underneath the bush.

Anyway, back on topic, YES! :D I would love to have this in SS. It would add a bit of realism to the game as well as it would make me feel like I was playing LoZ again except this time it'd be in 3D. ;)

T

The Hero

YAY!!!! Bring back the burning trees. Let's find level 8!!!!

I want to burn trees.:embarrassed: But would it not be cool if you burn a bush near some other bushes and you spark a forest fire to burn them all and all of a sudden there are all these rupees? (What are bushes doing with rupees? Are rupees soposeto be berries? > .>)
That was possible in FSA. Well, with patches of grass, but its still the same effect. Kind of.

As for the topic. I wouldn't mind the candle making a return, or maybe the Fire Rod's debut in a 3D game. I would have so much fun burning things.

T

The Hero

I just don't want to burn to many bushes and/or trees and have to pay some old man's door repair. Those really sucked.... A lot!!!

Austin

Austin
I like this idea, and I'd be happy if they expanded on it a bit. Besides the fact that it'd return an old aspect of gameplay for the nostalgia factor, it'd be nice to have some semi-destructible environments in the game. It would make the game a bit more immersive, IMO, as it would react the same way the real world would. Plus, it seems that these sort of things are considered technologically impressive feats, although I don't really know too much about that.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I wouldn't mind being able to burn some bushes, and it would also be interesting to have more interactivity with any fire weapons you get. For example, if there's a bulbin in a tree, you can shoot the tree with a fire arrow cause it to catch fire instead of just shooting the bulbin.

However, I hope we never have the ability to cause forest fires...or if we do, there's some dire consequence, or it's an in-game representation of evil. It's the tree-hugger in me. One of the things I like about Zelda is that it seems the races are able to live amongst nature without causing its destruction. I felt guilty in wind-waker sometimes just cutting down trees (hence why I wouldn't use my own suggestion of burning the tree instead of killing the monster directly). I wouldn't want to be able to accidentally kill an entire forest.

I guess I'm saying I want a balance of realism and idealism. Let fire show its effects on the world, but give us a reason to keep nature intact, too. :)

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I think this would be a neat idea. Of course, I think it should only work with a certain type of tree/shrub, or else the place would get awfully messy with dead trees lying all around Hyrule. :P
I mean, they already have those trees that you are able to chop up with your sword, so this is certainly something that can easily be done. While not a necessity, it would certainly be a neat little bonus thing in the game.

T

theguy2

Well they had that in other games, so i guess they will in this onee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom