• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Breath of the Wild Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
ALiT, Minish, Funnier. There is our scum, I'm almost sure of it now. If ALiT is a town roleblocker than Koki is a Mafia Jailor, so that's about the only questionable circumstance.

We're in Mylo though and Storma screwed us over majorly. If we can win this it will have been a very hard won game. I can't believe we haven't even hit a single Mafioso yet.

Unvote
Well obviously I disagree that I’m one the final scum so at least two people are lying. Also I’m untouchable, in case you missed it the first time.

Right now we have a claimed (or soft claimed) role blocker, jail keeper, and doctor, while we know we already had a bodyguard. It’s clear that at least one scum is in that since you’re the cop and Mido is the lightning rod but since I’m in that poe I know that two people in that group are lying. One of them heals, one blocks, and one does both. Considering that we went the entire game with no softs from protective roles up to now and even now that he’s claimed he never actually stopped a kill so it’s impossible to prove Rubik is the doctor. ALiT and Kokirion must actually be the town blocking role and the mafia blocking role since it’s almost definite the mafia has one and there’d be a town one to counter it.

The mafia can maj off just one vote so I’d rather if we heard from everybody before reaching any decisions. Particularly want to hear what @Minish_Link has to say.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I have to say I am thrilled today. Such an interesting situation we found ourselves in!

I'm pissed. I tried investigating ALiT again but got no result. Either I was blocked again, or ALiT is investigation proof, i.e. The Godfather. It's pretty obvious what we need to do, and I'm not beating around the bush.

Vote: A Link in Time
no, exactly. You DID get a result. At least we know for sure now that there IS a mafia roleblocker.

We're close enough to losing this game that the power of keeping night action attention off myself from scum is outweighed by the benefits of trying to solve the gamestate.

I'm our main protective role. My targets were Funnier N1, SMS N2, and SMS N3.
That is a fair argument, if your claim is truthful then my gutfeeling was right, that we do have a doctor.

What I find most interesting is that we have had a tracker and a watcher flip with a potential cop in the mix. Hmm....

I'm not against an ALIT lynch moreso in light of his more low-maintenance approach to the previous day, but there are a few questions I would like to sort out. I've got to level with you all; claims hurt my head. :(
Are you implying that you doubt SMS' role?

I see, now the healing role fake claim won't work. So my plan won't work now. So scratch that.

I suppose i should claim to stop the suspicion that will come. I'm an absorber.
lol
Yet, his claim was actually a good thing, it helped us out a LOT. Because otherwise we had 8 people, one would be lynched today and tonight (if we would make a mislynch), the mafia could finish it. In other words, it was already LYLO regardless of Storm's death. Now he killed himself, but proved his innocence at the same time. Had we lynched him for his fakeclaim, we would've been done for.

Kokirion is looking to be more likely mafia after all with all these flips.
You're doing a magnificent job at trying to project your own situation on me.

After thinking it over, the best course of action is to lynch someone who will be scum surely, someone lime Funnier or Minish.

Yes, that's a possibility. But I think we should not yet hurry with making a decision. There are some things left that still bother me.

First of all. I find it peculiar how ALIT has been able to avoid being lynched every single day.
See the vote tally of yesterday's lynch:
Day 3 Final Vote Tally:
YIGAhim - 4 (funnier6, Rubik, Minish_Link, Mido)

A Link In Time - 2 (kokirion, Spiritual Mask Salesman)

Not voting - Musicfan, A Link In Time, YIGAhim, Kirino
When ALIT again came under a lot of fire and found himself in a dreadful position, the Yiga bandwagon was formed out of nowhere. Also interesting to notice is that it contains funnier, Rubik and Minish, who are the only possible scummates of ALIT. At least 2 of them are scum, showing that this bandwagon was a big scam.
And every other moment that ALIT got under fire throughout the game, it went exactly the same way. Few people directly protect him, but often people start questioning the validity of the evidence against him and then quickly establish a new bandwagon (like Yiga,Sadia, etc.), so far only killing town.

Also, whomever is the mafia, we know that they have a very strong group. ALIT is a great player, and I also hold his possible scummates funnier, minish and Rubik in high regard. Any combination of them would be a cunning team, a team that is capable of deceiving the discussions from the beginning till the end. Not a team that would let the outcome of this final day be decided by chance. They probably have an elaborate plan and wanted to be in this situation, with exactly these people alive.

That reason forces me to rethink the Rubik claim. I think his claim makes sense, and I dare to say that it is probably truthful, but we do find ourselves at LYLO. If he claimed yesterday I would have blindly followed that. For, if the lynch and night results were off, we could've always still lynched him for lying. But we do no longer have that luxury.
I think that ALIT, funnier and Minish are a scum team and all fine targets. However, I think there still is a chance (however small it is), that Rubik is deceiving us. Namely, we debated the existence of the doctor before. Some argued that due to the existence of a jailer and a bodyguard, there is no need for another doctor in the game. I advocated against that, I did expect one to be there and am therefore not surprised that Rubik claimed to be one. However, as I also mentioned yesterday, it is still not a given. Now imagine the following situation: what if the mafia ALSO has a role cop?
It's really not a strange assumption. This is a role-madness game afterall, meaning that the town has lots of power roles. Wouldn't the mafia be a bit weak if they only had a godfather, roleblocker and a vanilla member? It makes sense that their third member also has some power, and the mafia rolecop would then be the most likely one. Even outside of role-madness games, the mafia usually has one anyway.
If they have a rolecop, by now they would probably know whether there is a doctor or not in this game. Think about it. They had 8 players left today and already knew the roles of SMS, Mido and me. 3 of the remaining 5 players are mafia, leaving only 2 unknown roles. Storm is active now but his role has been inactive since the start of the game (and may have been checked earlier in the game), so probably wasn't assumed to be a threat anyway. Leaving only 1 unknown role, being either minish or funnier, which they could have easily checked last night.
So, if they have a mafia rolecop, they know all the roles. If there is no doctor, they know about it. So why not fakeclaim it? If they would not, ALIT would probably be lynched. But, since still not everyone is completely willing to go for ALIT, and since after Rubik's claim only Minish and funnier are left as potential scummates, that would make a minsh- or funnier-lynch the best bet. But again, if Rubik is actually fakeclaiming and either minish or funnier is in reality town, they've got an enormous chance of being able to lynch a townie and thereby ending the game.

Once more, I think that Rubik's claim is more likely true than false, but it simply cannot be taken for granted either.
Let me put my suspicions for these 4 in numbers:
Alit: 90% scum
funnier/minish: 70-80% scum
Rubik: 40% scum

Lynching Rublik would be a waste of time. His claim at least warrants for protection for himself. The question is, then, who of the other 3 has the highest chance of being scum. And I still think that ALIT holds that place. Based on numbers, I think that lynching him will still be the best option. But keep in mind that we have 3 maffia teammates among us, who will not vote for their own scumbud at LYLO. So we need all 4 town votes on the same person to get through this day.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It's obvious ALiT is scum, and it makes sense why I haven't been nighkilled. So long as the Mafia Roleblocker remains in the game I am no threat during the night. Luckily at this point we have some givens through deduction.

And this is my thoughts exactly. Near certainty ALiT is scum, slightly less on Funnier and Minish but still very high, and we have Rubik who we can't just give a town pass to just yet.

Things would be alot easier today though if we just would have lynched ALiT yesterday.

kokirion

@Spiritual Mask Salesman . @Mido , something else I want to talk about.
About what to do for tonight. I think it's best if I just consult with you guys directly.
I am thinking about jailing Mido tonight. The mafia will most likely lose their roleblocker tonight, allowing SMS to use his role again.
Now, I was initially wondering about how to deal with the Rubik claim. I don't want to risk protecting a doctor who may or may not be genuine, so I was thinking about tageting Mido or SMS anyway, but if Rubik IS fakeclaiming, that would leave SMS unprotected.

Yet, I just realised that it doesn't matter that SMS may be unprotected tonight. Because, if he dies we know that Rubik's claim is false (because he did not protect you) and we can lynch him tomorrow. If SMS does not die, we will finally have another cop read and will know who to lynch tomorrow. I think that especially minish and funnier are good rolecop targets, for they both have a large chance of being scum. If one of them DOES turn out to be town, we know that Rubik was lying nonetheless.

That is also my reasoning for why we should give Rubik the benefit of the doubt at the moment. If his claim is genuine, it will be very useful to us. If he was lying, we will find out soon enough.

funnier6

Courage~
When ALIT again came under a lot of fire and found himself in a dreadful position, the Yiga bandwagon was formed out of nowhere. Also interesting to notice is that it contains funnier, Rubik and Minish, who are the only possible scummates of ALIT. At least 2 of them are scum, showing that this bandwagon was a big scam.
I find it strange to say I’ve been defending ALiT since I’ve been trying to lynch him since day two and have expressed multiple times that I would not care if he was lynched, I was interested in finding counterwagons to him since I don’t like spending the entire day on one person.
Let me put my suspicions for these 4 in numbers:
My list is pretty irrelevant since if I believe you (and considering the other option is believing ALiT, I do) the other three people are 100% the scum team and I’m absolutely certain a vote for anybody else will spell the end of the game. We have to be completely united on this though to ensure we can outvote the scum team. If anybody has any questions or stuff for me I’m totally willing to argue with it.
@Spiritual Mask Salesman . @Mido , something else I want to talk about.
About what to do for tonight. I think it's best if I just consult with you guys directly.
I am thinking about jailing Mido tonight. The mafia will most likely lose their roleblocker tonight, allowing SMS to use his role again.
Now, I was initially wondering about how to deal with the Rubik claim. I don't want to risk protecting a doctor who may or may not be genuine, so I was thinking about tageting Mido or SMS anyway, but if Rubik IS fakeclaiming, that would leave SMS unprotected.

Yet, I just realised that it doesn't matter that SMS may be unprotected tonight. Because, if he dies we know that Rubik's claim is false (because he did not protect you) and we can lynch him tomorrow. If SMS does not die, we will finally have another cop read and will know who to lynch tomorrow. I think that especially minish and funnier are good rolecop targets, for they both have a large chance of being scum. If one of them DOES turn out to be town, we know that Rubik was lying nonetheless.

That is also my reasoning for why we should give Rubik the benefit of the doubt at the moment. If his claim is genuine, it will be very useful to us. If he was lying, we will find out soon enough.
This is a good plan, if we survive this day it’s almost guaranteed we win the game.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
SMS not believing my claim is a problem because it will cost us the game if I am lynched. I am still on vacation for this one game day, but I will be back for the next game day, so I ask not to jump to conclusions. My claim is 100% true, and that is why I am back to firing at kokirion on all cylinders.

kokirion

SMS not believing my claim is a problem because it will cost us the game if I am lynched. I am still on vacation for this one game day, but I will be back for the next game day, so I ask not to jump to conclusions. My claim is 100% true, and that is why I am back to firing at kokirion on all cylinders.
That is such a weak excuse. Look, every single time you have been under fire you have avoided getting lynch and your scum mates quickly found another innocent townie to throw under the bus. And now again, even though your alignment is pretty much in the open already, still half of the players are mysteriously not very active and not a single person placed their vote on you.
And this is the last I will say about it, but for anyone who still pretends that ALIT may not be scum, look at SMS' posts from today:

I'm pissed. I tried investigating ALiT again but got no result. Either I was blocked again, or ALiT is investigation proof, i.e. The Godfather. It's pretty obvious what we need to do, and I'm not beating around the bush.

Vote: A Link in Time

ALiT, Minish, Funnier. There is our scum, I'm almost sure of it now. If ALiT is a town roleblocker than Koki is a Mafia Jailor, so that's about the only questionable circumstance.

We're in Mylo though and Storma screwed us over majorly. If we can win this it will have been a very hard won game. I can't believe we haven't even hit a single Mafioso yet.

Unvote
For a straight 3-4 hours, SMS already voted for ALIT. In this LYLO situation, 4 votes are needed for a lynch and the mafia has 3. Together with SMS, if ALIT was actually a townie, the mafia would already have won the game. All they had to do was vote. There is no reason not to do that in order to gain some town credit, because if they did the game would simply no longer exist. Of course I know why no one else voted, because you are scum and it makes no sense for your scummates to hammer you today.
Then you also briefly voted for me, and no one jumped on to that bandwagon. Also for the same reason, because you need 4 votes, so your scummates can only up it to 3. No one jumped on the bandwagon so you withdrew it to "give it some more thought" (even though it has been clear from the beginning who you are going to vote for).

That is the last I want to say about it. In my opinion, the case is closed.

Oh, absolutely, if I die than Rubik fakeclaimed and you'll know who to lynch tomorrow. If I live I get to do an investigation. They'll probably NK Rubik if he is telling the truth, so don't Jail Rubik.
Alright, I agree with you. I am glad that we did not yet speed lynch so that we could discuss our strategy for tonight. I am confident that our night strategy will work out.

vote: ALIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom