• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Breath of the Wild Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 4 Final Vote Tally:
A Link In Time - 4 (kokirion, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Minish_Link, funnier6)

Not voting - Mido, Rubik, A Link In Time

Majority was reached which means any votes or unvotes after it will not be counted. Due to the day ending prematurely I will not replace or mod kill anyone who didn't make the three posts in time. I do need to sleep right now but I will end day 4 tomorrow as soon as I get the chance. It is now twilight.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 4 Final Vote Tally:
A Link In Time - 4 (kokirion, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Minish_Link, funnier6)

Not voting - Mido, Rubik, A Link In Time

The day was a short but eventful one. Ultimately the residents of Kakariko Village had agreed on lynching A Link In Time. They forced him to the top of the hill, and when they were right outside the shrine of doom A Link In Time discretely shed a tear that fell unnoticed by the others onto the already damp grass. The moment after he had been tossed inside the shrine, a foul smirk formed on funnier6’s lips. Shortly thereafter Minish_Link and kokirion expressed some equally ominous smiles. Spiritual Mask Salesman, Mido and Rubik took a few steps back in fear as the three interlopers revealed their true forms.

“Your heroes are dead!” funnier6 cheered with his deep voice.

“The village is ours!” Minish_Link exclaimed merrily.

“Raaawrrr!” kokirion roared victoriously.

The few innocent survivors who remained knew they didn’t stand a chance against these villains, so they ran away as fast they they possibly could. They would never agains return to Kakariko Village, for it had been conquered by their worst enemies and it housed some of the worst memories they ever had.

A Link In Time was Zelda, the Roleblocker.

The living (6):
@funnier6 - Calamity Ganon, the Godfather
@Spiritual Mask Salesman - Urbosa, the Cop
@Mido - Riju, the Lightning Rod
@Rubik - Mipha, the Doctor
@Minish_Link - Master Kohga, the Ninja
@kokirion - Golden Lynel, the Mafia Roleblocker

The dead (7):
@Tristan - Daruk, the Bodyguard (lynched day 1)
@Sadia - Link, the Vigilante (lynched day 2)
@All Might - Revali, the Watcher (killed night 2)
@YIGAhim - Impa, the Motivator (lynched day 3)
@Kirino - Kass, the Tracker (killed night 3)
@Stormageden747 - Sidon, the Absorber (mod killed day 4)
@A Link In Time - Zelda, the Roleblocker (lynched day 4)

Victory goes to the Mafia!

Thank you all so very much for playing! Congratulations to the winners and well played everyone! Stay tuned for night actions and role PMs! You’re welcome to discuss the game freely now. :)

Pen

The game is on!
Role PMs:

Town (10):

Greetings Sadia and welcome to Breath of the Wild Mafia! For this game you will be Link, the Vigilante. Once each night you will be able to sneak out and attempt to kill any player in the game. Do this by sending me a PM each night with the name of your target. It is risky for you though, since you do not know who are with you and who are against you. Of course you can choose not to kill if you so wish. You may not target yourself.

You are on the Town’s side, which means that you win when the Mafia has been eliminated and no further quarrels remain.

Please confirm that you have received and understood your role in the sign-up thread here: https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/breath-of-the-wild-mafia.63063/ If you have any questions regarding your role or the game in general, do not hesitate to ask me about it in private.

Greetings A Link In Time and welcome to Breath of the Wild Mafia! For this game you will be Zelda, the Roleblocker. Once each night you will be able to sneak out and prevent any player in the game from performing their night action. Do this by sending me a PM each night with the name of the player you wish to roleblock.

You are on the Town’s side, which means that you win when the Mafia has been eliminated and no further quarrels remain.

Please confirm that you have received and understood your role in the sign-up thread here: https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/breath-of-the-wild-mafia.63063/ If you have any questions regarding your role or the game in general, do not hesitate to ask me about it in private.

Greetings All Might and welcome to Breath of the Wild Mafia! For this game you will be Revali, the Watcher. Once each night you will be able to sneak out and watch any player in the game to find out who targeted that player (if any). However, you will not learn what action was performed on the player. Do this by sending me a PM each night with the name of your target, and then I will tell you who targeted your target that night. You may not target yourself.

Greetings Spiritual Mask Salesman and welcome to Breath of the Wild Mafia! For this game you will be Urbosa, the Cop. Once each night you will be able to sneak out and investigate any player in the game to find out if the player is guilty or innocent. Do this by sending me a PM each night with the name of your target, then I will tell you if your target is guilty or not.

Greetings Tristan and welcome to Breath of the Wild Mafia! For this game you will be Daruk, the Bodyguard. Once each night you will be able to sneak out and guard any player in the game from night kills. Do this by sending me a PM each night with the name of the player you wish to guard. If someone tries to kill the player you are guarding you will be killed instead.

Greetings Rubik and welcome to Breath of the Wild Mafia! For this game you will be Mipha, the Doctor. Once each night you will be able to sneak out and protect any player in the game from being night killed. Do this by sending me a PM each night with the name of the player you wish to protect. You may not target yourself.

Greetings YIGAhim and welcome to Breath of the Wild Mafia! For this game you will be Impa, the Motivator. Once each night you will be able to sneak out and motivate any player in the game. Do this by sending me a PM each night with the name of the player you wish to motivate. If a player that you have successfully motivated has an active power role, they will be able to use their ability twice during the night following the night they were motivated. You may not target yourself.

Greetings PancakeSamurai/Krow/Musicfan/Stormageden747 and welcome to Breath of the Wild Mafia! For this game you will be Sidon, the Absorber. Being the Absorber you have the passive ability of absorbing any and every ability that is performed on you at night. This means that each time someone targets you during the night phase you will receive a 1-Shot ability of whatever power they were using on you. You can stack up on 1-Shot abilities if you wish, but you may only use one per night even if you hold several. Simply send me a PM to tell me which ability you want to perform and on whom once you have abilities to use. You may not target yourself. Keep in mind though that the actions performed on you will also go through.

Greetings Flora/Mido and welcome to Breath of the Wild Mafia! For this game you will be Riju, the Lightning Rod. On two separate nights of your choice throughout the game you can use your Lightning Rod ability. This will cause every night action from everyone active that night to target you. Keep in mind that it is only 2-Shot though.

Greetings Kirino and welcome to Breath of the Wild Mafia! For this game you will be Kass, the Tracker. Once each night you will be able to sneak out and track any player in the game to find out who that player targeted (if any). However, you will not learn what action the player performed. Do this by sending me a PM each night with the name of your target, and then I will tell you who your target targeted that night.

Mafia (3):

Greetings funnier6 and welcome to Breath of the Wild Mafia! For this game you will be Calamity Ganon, the Godfather. As the Mafia’s leader you have two special abilities: Firstly, you are bulletproof, meaning that you are immune to night kills. And secondly, you are investigation immune, meaning that if a Cop should investigate you, you will show up as innocent to them. The Mafia can kill one player each night, so be sure to always inform me of your target in time. Being the leader of the Mafia you are the one who has the final word on who you night kill each night, and which one of the Mafia members you wish to send to perform the night kill. Your allies are Minish_Link as Master Kohga (Ninja) and kokirion as Golden Lynel (Mafia Roleblocker). You will be able to communicate with each other secretly via QuickTopic. Here is the link: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/Uv8YdAEf2Ah

You are with the Mafia, which means that you win when nothing can prevent you from eliminating all of the other players.

Greetings Minish_Link and welcome to Breath of the Wild Mafia! For this game you will be Master Kohga, the Ninja. As the Mafia’s Ninja you have the ability to pass by the Town’s Tracker and Watcher undetected. This means that if you are the one to perform the Mafia’s factional night kill, the Tracker and Watcher will not be able to get any reads related to you. Your allies are funnier6 as Calamity Ganon (Godfather) and kokirion as Golden Lynel (Mafia Roleblocker). You will be able to communicate with each other secretly via QuickTopic. Here is the link: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/Uv8YdAEf2Ah

You are with the Mafia, which means that you win when nothing can prevent you from eliminating all of the other players.

Greetings kokirion and welcome to Breath of the Wild Mafia! For this game you will be Golden Lynel, the Mafia Roleblocker. Once each night you will be able to sneak out and prevent any player in the game from performing their night action. Do this by informing me each night of the player you wish to roleblock. Your allies are funnier6 as Calamity Ganon (Godfather) and Minish_Link as Master Kohga (Ninja). You will be able to communicate with each other secretly via QuickTopic. Here is the link: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/Uv8YdAEf2Ah

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Dammit this game was a tough one. I can’t believe we made it ......

Yeah, town definitely didn't make it easy on us. Was really worried there at the end.

Damn I suck.

Nah, Kokirion pulled off some great posts at the end that would've convinced anyone he was town. And we just happened to try and coordinate it so that someone would vote ALIT and we'd all vote at the same time. You had me and funnier figured out by then, we just had to rely on people trusting Kokirion and being suspicious of ALIT.

Really though, town played great. We had some close calls and made a few lucky decisions. But funnier and Kokirion were great scumbuds, and I'm thankful both of them were involved in discussing strategy in the scum chat!

The jailer fakeclaim worked out so well for us. Funnier had softed a claim of commuter and was ready to use that fakeclaim, and I was going to try to fakeclaim lie detector to get ALIT lynched the last day but Storma's mod-kill kinda threw a wrench in that plan. I thought we might have lost the game at that point.

Thanks for the fun game Pendio!

Reactions: Pen

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Yeah, town definitely didn't make it easy on us. Was really worried there at the end.

Nah, Kokirion pulled off some great posts at the end that would've convinced anyone he was town. And we just happened to try and coordinate it so that someone would vote ALIT and we'd all vote at the same time. You had me and funnier figured out by then, we just had to rely on people trusting Kokirion and being suspicious of ALIT.

Really though, town played great. We had some close calls and made a few lucky decisions. But funnier and Kokirion were great scumbuds, and I'm thankful both of them were involved in discussing strategy in the scum chat!

The jailer fakeclaim worked out so well for us. Funnier had softed a claim of commuter and was ready to use that fakeclaim, and I was going to try to fakeclaim lie detector to get ALIT lynched the last day but Storma's mod-kill kinda threw a wrench in that plan. I thought we might have lost the game at that point.

Thanks for the fun game Pendio!
We really had an amazing team.
And if you had not suggested the idea of fakeclaiming jailer, I think we would've never been able to put any doubt on either ALIT's or Rubik's claims.

Admittedly, we did also have a LOT of luck. e.g. if ALIT RB'd funnier instead of Minish last night, if Kirino was not the tracker, if our kill against All Might had failed, etc. etc.

Pen

The game is on!
Night Actions:

Night 1:
Vigilante (Sadia) - night killed All Might [redirected to Flora, failed]
Roleblocker (A Link In Time) - roleblocked kokirion [redirected to Flora]
Watcher (All Might) - watched funnier6 [redirected to Flora] (A Link In Time, Kirino, kokirion, Rubik, Sadia, Spiritual Mask Salesman, YIGAhim)
Cop (Spiritual Mask Salesman) - investigated Flora (innocent)
Doctor (Rubik) - protected funnier6 [redirected to Flora]
Motivator (YIGAhim) - motivated funnier6 [redirected to Flora, nothing happens]
Lightning Rod (Flora) - 1st use!
Tracker (Kirino) - tracked Rubik [redirected to Flora] (none)
Mafia factional kill (Minish_Link) - night killed Sadia [redirected to Flora]
Mafia Roleblocker (kokirion) - roleblocked Rubik [redirected to Flora]

Night 2:
Roleblocker (A Link In Time) - roleblocked funnier6
Watcher (All Might) - watched Spiritual Mask Salesman (kokirion, Rubik)
Cop (Spiritual Mask Salesman) - investigated A Link In Time (innocent) [blocked]
Doctor (Rubik) - protected Spiritual Mask Salesman
Tracker (Kirino) - tracked YIGAhim (none)
Mafia factional kill (Minish_Link) - night killed All Might
Mafia Roleblocker (kokirion) - roleblocked Spiritual Mask Salesman

Night 3:
Roleblocker (A Link In Time) - roleblocked Minish_Link
Cop (Spiritual Mask Salesman) - investigated A Link In Time (innocent) [blocked]
Doctor (Rubik) - protected Spiritual Mask Salesman
Tracker (Kirino) - tracked kokirion (Spiritual Mask Salesman)
Mafia factional kill (funnier6) - night killed Kirino
Mafia Roleblocker (kokirion) - roleblocked Spiritual Mask Salesman

Kirino

Tatakae
Tracker (Kirino) - tracked kokirion (Spiritual Mask Salesman)
Mafia factional kill (funnier6) - night killed Kirino

This made me pretty mad lol. I was all excited to expose Kokirion and get a Mafia lynch once I got my result, only to enter the thread and discover that I’d been killed. The game really hurt to watch from that point on, as you can imagine.

It was a good game. The Mafia played really well, all of them, and deserved their victory. Kokirion and Minish were my top suspects at the end (the latter mostly through PoE, since she's very difficult to read), but I admittedly didn’t suspect funnier at all. I think part of that is definitely him adapting to the role of Mafia and playing it better than before, and part of it is that I’ve gotten so used to town reading him lately that I didn’t really give him the scrutiny he deserved, which was a significant fault on my part. I’ll keep that in mind my next game with him.

Pendio was a great mod too, of course, but that’s so obvious it almost goes without saying. Thanks for the game.

Do we get access to the scum chat, by the way?

Reactions: Pen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom