• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Bloodborne Mafia: A Paleblood Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
Losing both our Vigilante and our Cop before the start of the second day puts us at a pretty big disadvangate, especially since we now know what powers the Mafia possesses. We do still have the Doctor and the Watcher, however, and what's good is that neither of them are 1-Shots like the Vig and the Cop were, so hopeflly we'll be able to prevail with the help of those two.

Anyway, I shall also backtrack a bit and see if I can find something of significance from yesterday. I doubt I can find anything great, but I will look nonetheless. Spontaneously my attention has been drawn particularly to ALIT since Gummy flipped Town. As I also expressed yesterday, I never quite sympathized with his reason for voting her.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I have to say I find it odd how Jamie sat most of the day out only to come in very late in the day to say that he didn't find LG suspicious while casting suspicion on several people. While I've only played one game with him it seems like quite the departure from his super aggressive pro town play style from last game.I don't think this is any decisive evidence but it could be a way to step in when it was pretty much already too late and get some town cred without really getting involved.
You literally saw me arrive home drunk lol. I usually am not especially active on day 1 (sometimes completely take it off), unless something of note happens. I've expressed a dislike for day 1 on numerous occasions, as I think many other users can affirm. I do occasionally get active on it when I see something suspicious though, but the night prior to LGs lynch I was drinking and so I commented on it the following morning.

Right now I have Bok as my strongest town lean. I felt his declaring his intent to break the vote tie so early on on Day 1 was townie, and I like his reasoning for keeping his eye on Jamie, even if the reasoning may be thin in light of Jamie's most recent post. I feel like scum would try to avoid confrontations with Jamie knowing how skilled he is as a townie.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Not much going on today, hopefully more people chime in soon.

ALIT, just prior to this post you said LG hasn't been scummy, so this supposed "slip" was that much of a tipping point? This seems strange to me. Why would LG, a highly experienced player, make such a weird mistake anyway?

I also really don't like Deku's vote, since it broke the tie and came so late in the day. That's really iffy to me. Both of you look suspicious af right now.

I agree, of all the votes on LG, ALIT stands out as the oddest to me. He voted for her based on the faction "slip-up", when pretty much everyone else agreed that it probably wasn't a slip-up and wasn't really suspicious. I don't find Deku's vote as odd, since he was also tied for most votes at the time, so it would make sense for him to want to put someone ahead of him.

However, though I do agree with you about ALIT, I found something else weird reading through day 1 again. Libk had a lot of votes on him as well, but most of his posts were just joke posts and he never really tried to defend himself. This seems completely different to how he played last time, since he was aggressively scum hunting right away in that game and defending himself with just a vote or two on him. I would really like to hear more from him, so maybe this will put a little pressure on him.

Vote: Libk

Jamie

Not much going on today, hopefully more people chime in soon.

I agree, of all the votes on LG, ALIT stands out as the oddest to me. He voted for her based on the faction "slip-up", when pretty much everyone else agreed that it probably wasn't a slip-up and wasn't really suspicious. I don't find Deku's vote as odd, since he was also tied for most votes at the time, so it would make sense for him to want to put someone ahead of him.

However, though I do agree with you about ALIT, I found something else weird reading through day 1 again. Libk had a lot of votes on him as well, but most of his posts were just joke posts and he never really tried to defend himself. This seems completely different to how he played last time, since he was aggressively scum hunting right away in that game and defending himself with just a vote or two on him. I would really like to hear more from him, so maybe this will put a little pressure on him.

Oh, I apologize, I wasn't aware that Deku was tied in votes. That makes him less suspicious to me.

Jamie

Wait, I don't see that at all. It appears to me that Libk was tied; not Deku.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Oh, I apologize, I wasn't aware that Deku was tied in votes. That makes him less suspicious to me.

I believe he was. I may have gotten a bit confused with the vote count reading through, but it seemed like he had 2 votes on him as well until ALIT unvoted him and voted for LG, but that was after Deku's vote. I'll check again though, as I might be wrong.

Jamie

I believe he was. I may have gotten a bit confused with the vote count reading through, but it seemed like he had 2 votes on him as well until ALIT unvoted him and voted for LG, but that was after Deku's vote. I'll check again though, as I might be wrong.
2 wasn't a tie. 3 was.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Wait, I don't see that at all. It appears to me that Libk was tied; not Deku.

Sorry, you were correct. I missed karu's vote on LG, and thought that Deku was the third vote. While that does change my view on the situation a bit, I still find ALIT's vote more suspicious.

Pen

The game is on!
After having looked through day 1 another time I didn't really find anything new. My main suspect is still ALIT even if my suspicion of him is not super strong.

I feel like scum would try to avoid confrontations with Jamie knowing how skilled he is as a townie.

But what if Jamie is with the Mafia? Then there would be no scum to fear confronting Jamie.

Libk had a lot of votes on him as well, but most of his posts were just joke posts and he never really tried to defend himself.

Frankley, I find it near impossible to defend myself in a serious manner against day 1 votes. Most of the time they're part of the RVS, and even if they're not, the votes tend to be very loosely tied to anything that you can defend yourself against. Because of this I personally don't find Libk especially suspicious.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Libk had a lot of votes on him as well, but most of his posts were just joke posts and he never really tried to defend himself. This seems completely different to how he played last time, since he was aggressively scum hunting right away in that game and defending himself with just a vote or two on him. I would really like to hear more from him, so maybe this will put a little pressure on him.

I'm very inconsistently consistent when it comes to my play. But the thing is, I go with how the group goes on day way and I believe if you look back at my past games you'll find that true. If everyone is joking around, so am I. If we're joking around and then people are serious, chances are I'm going to be serious as well. I don't normally continue joke posts once the feel changes from RVS joke to serious. I just wasn't on the last half of that day at all, so yeah my day one posts are a lot of joke posts anyway. But to be honest, I don't think me doing anything yesterday when things got more serious would have helped. I also didn't think the LG wagon was a good one, and there were enough votes on LG when I came back that it wasn't like I needed to make a vote to survive.

More about me making a 3 way tie, since I was voted for that yesterday, I really don't like coin toss lunches much. I even called Jamie out last gane for saying he'd be ok with one. I didn't notice I was making things a tie but I never would have let my vote at end day be a tie vote. I would have at least tried to get a read on someone in the tie and made a more serious vote, even if only day one. By the time I saw what was going on in end of day, I just no reason to do anything with my vote. Unvoting was unnecessary unless I was going to make a vote but at the tike, there wasn't really a case to build to beat the LG wagon.

Jamie

I'm with @Pendio here, I'm not suspicious of Libk at all. Him not saving himself is the opposite of scummy if anything, since scum have a much stronger want to not let their team down.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Frankley, I find it near impossible to defend myself in a serious manner against day 1 votes. Most of the time they're part of the RVS, and even if they're not, the votes tend to be very loosely tied to anything that you can defend yourself against. Because of this I personally don't find Libk especially suspicious.

True, it is hard to defend yourself from random day 1 voting. I guess I was just expecting maybe a little something more from him, considering how aggressively he was defending himself last game, where he even voted for himself at one point on day 1 because he said it would at least give town some information.

I'm very inconsistently consistent when it comes to my play. But the thing is, I go with how the group goes on day way and I believe if you look back at my past games you'll find that true. If everyone is joking around, so am I. If we're joking around and then people are serious, chances are I'm going to be serious as well. I don't normally continue joke posts once the feel changes from RVS joke to serious. I just wasn't on the last half of that day at all, so yeah my day one posts are a lot of joke posts anyway. But to be honest, I don't think me doing anything yesterday when things got more serious would have helped. I also didn't think the LG wagon was a good one, and there were enough votes on LG when I came back that it wasn't like I needed to make a vote to survive.

More about me making a 3 way tie, since I was voted for that yesterday, I really don't like coin toss lunches much. I even called Jamie out last gane for saying he'd be ok with one. I didn't notice I was making things a tie but I never would have let my vote at end day be a tie vote. I would have at least tried to get a read on someone in the tie and made a more serious vote, even if only day one. By the time I saw what was going on in end of day, I just no reason to do anything with my vote. Unvoting was unnecessary unless I was going to make a vote but at the tike, there wasn't really a case to build to beat the LG wagon.

I don't fault you for the joke posts, nor for you creating the 3 way tie at that point. I was just saying that I found it odd that you didn't make any serious posts after that, since you had a lot of votes on you. That being said, I'm glad you're defending yourself now, and I do understand your reasoning. I guess the votes on LG did happen pretty quick, so at that point you wouldn't have had to worry too much about the votes on you. I mostly just wanted to get some discussion started, and put a bit of pressure on you to see what you had to say about it.

Unvote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom