• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Black Beasts Name Revealed!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It was said the monster plagues Link's dreams, it isn't a prophetic dream as much as it is nightmarish interference.

We don't exactly know that. It's one of those things where we'll just have to wait and see.

While it might still stand, it isn't very strong.

Well, I disagree. Not because it's my opinion, simply because I just disagree.

If Fi saved Zelda, why wouldn't she have brought her up to Skyloft? I think it's more plausible that the shiekah woman saved her, we don't know that she is the only servant to the goddess...

Not necessarily. Ghirahim's after Zelda, so taking her into hiding makes sense. If she'd brought Zelda back up to Skyloft, she'd have been way to easy to find.

Vibed

must read before he posts
We don't exactly know that. It's one of those things where we'll just have to wait and see.
Zelda's wearing her normal clothes and her shawl, how exactly would she get back the shawl? Giving it back also conflicts with gameplay, by the way.

Not necessarily. Ghirahim's after Zelda, so taking her into hiding makes sense. If she'd brought Zelda back up to Skyloft, she'd have been way to easy to find.
And why exactly wouldn't Fi tell Link of Zelda's whereabouts? That doesn't make much sense, let alone magically transport her to a new random place while she is by Link's side throughout the adventure. Like Erebea said, it isn't a very strong argument.

I'm sorry, but sometimes, I swear you disagree just to disagree.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
Well, I disagree. Not because it's my opinion, simply because I just disagree.
I'm just saying, but if you only "just disagree" that would be called your opinion.

Anyway, I definitely agree with the fact that that is not the true form of The Imprisoned. It kind of looks like a muppet. Also, its not like a thing that huge would be weak. He's about the size of Bongo Bongo from OoT. Even if he doesn't have arms, he could still squash you in that form. Although, he still looks like a big stuffed animal.

The scene in the trailers was clearly a dream since Zelda was still wearing her shawl and the background was all white instead of stormy with a tornado. This dream is simply foreshadowing that the forces of good (represented by Zelda) are threatened to be consumed by the forces of evil (represented by the imprisoned). Whether the Imprisoned will actually consume Zelda is anyone's guess.

As for the servant of the goddess that rescued Zelda, I also doubt it was Fi. If Fi had rescued her, then how did she end up in Skyview temple? And why does Link have to ask the Kikwis where she is? If Fi sent her there, then surely she/it would have told him. I think that the servant was either the Shiekah woman, or one of the spirits (Faron, Eldin, or Lanayru).

The Imprisoned in my opinion does not look like a muppet? It looks like something I do not want in my yard.
The Imprisoned scares me actually and I am glad it is sealed.

Anyway to my opinion! Now this is my opinion? You do not have to take it to heart.
Basically some people on this thread assume that when Zelda gets thrown off her bird by a tornado, she simply gets saved by the servant of the Goddess am I correct?
I do not think Phi saves her. I think the shiekah that we saw earlier in some trailer saved her.
There can be more then one servant of the goddess as everything stands.

Also when Zelda falls off her bird and you see the Imprisoned about to eat her. I do not think that it is in links dream. I think that actually happens because the tornado may have brought her in the direction of the Imprisoned, and the Imprisoned may have thought food so why not right?

The Tornado was caused by Ghirahim, Ghirahim wanted Zelda to be eaten by the Imprisoned. That is why it went in that direction. Phi saves Link! from the tornado! Nowhere does it state that Phi saves Zelda. Cause if Phi saved Zelda then link would be with Zelda! ( not finding her... ).

At the very begining of the game you witness Links dream the tornado was not in the scene at all. The scene was Phi and the Imprisoned..
Unless somebody can prove my opinions wrong :P

My thoughts? The imprisoned is only a dream/vision version of the evil that's about to come. So I think when he dreams of the monster being free, the demon tribe are free, when Zelda is about eaten, Zelda will get snatched. My theory.

At the very begining of the game you witness Links dream the tornado was not in the scene at all. The scene was Phi and the Imprisoned..
Unless somebody can prove my opinions wrong

1) Link might sleep quite a few times during the introduction bit of the game.
2) The monster is apart of Link's dream because:
- Zelda's Cloak is there unlike the scene where she falls off her bird.
- When the monster was about to eat Zelda it looked like the sky was so normal, non-stormy etc.

I'd like to add that some impressions of the Faron Woods section have stated that when Link lands down in the Sealed Grounds, he has to go and hit some switch to open the path to the woods proper. But when he hits this switch, it triggers another vison of the beast. So it seems these dreams will occur throughout the game and not just in the exposition.

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
As it turns out, the Sheikah woman appears to be the Goddess's Servent as She is seen leading Zelda into a light. But, this has nothing to do with the Black Creatures name; The Imprisoned. (unless i'm blind here....)

Given the new information that's come to light regarding "The Imprisoned", I won't mind if it's Ghirahim's master. From the looks of it, The Imprisoned is going to have just enough backstory to be interesting, while not pulling another TP on us by having it emerge at the very end. As others said, however, I bet it's not in a "complete" state or something. (provided it's Ghirahim's master, of course)

The scene in the trailers was clearly a dream since Zelda was still wearing her shawl and the background was all white instead of stormy with a tornado. This dream is simply foreshadowing that the forces of good (represented by Zelda) are threatened to be consumed by the forces of evil (represented by the imprisoned). Whether the Imprisoned will actually consume Zelda is anyone's guess.

As for the servant of the goddess that rescued Zelda, I also doubt it was Fi. If Fi had rescued her, then how did she end up in Skyview temple? And why does Link have to ask the Kikwis where she is? If Fi sent her there, then surely she/it would have told him. I think that the servant was either the Shiekah woman, or one of the spirits (Faron, Eldin, or Lanayru).

^ This. Clearly.

On a personal interpretational note, from the footage I've seen the Imprisoned strikes me as an attack dog, or a beast of war from the battle described in the prologue. Perhaps it was too big or strong to destroy at that time, and as such, it was Imprisoned (Wo-ho, see what I did there)? I imagine within the plot of the game, the Imprisoned is following the directions of Girahim in at least some limited capacity, rather than being Girahim's master itself. Indeed, even the dream sequences in which the Imprisoned features, primarily the opening prophetic dream, seem metaphorical in nature instead of literal (as they were in OoT); so I'm loth to base too much theory on those quick visuals.

Ah, speculation. Consult your physician and ingest with Imprisoned proportioned grains of salt.

Is that Ghirahim on its head? You see the red thing? Possibly Ghirahim's cape? If this is true, I think it's only more reason to support The Imprisoned being his master in incomplete form.

Actually to me, the fact that Ghirahim is riding on its head points more in the direction that it's a simple beast servant like Clearly said. It's big and powerful from the looks of it, and the way its skin seems to move around in a weird fashion tells me that it's a magical creature of sorts, probably conjured up, that was too strong to defeat and so instead they just imprisoned it in the sealed grounds. All speculation of course but I just have a strong feeling that this creature is not the master but a servant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom