• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Biggoron sword

The first time I played through the game, I only got the Giant's Knife... Which I found to be very useless, very quickly.

:lol:

Too true. I thought the Giant's Knife was the "ultimate weapon" for quite some time.

You can imagine my surprise when it broke the first time I used it. "What the....I payed 200 rupees for this!?".

:lol:

Too true. I thought the Giant's Knife was the "ultimate weapon" for quite some time.

You can imagine my surprise when it broke the first time I used it. "What the....I payed 200 rupees for this!?".

At least you didn't have to PAY for the Biggoron sword.......taht would be useless. what kind of a TRADE quest would it be if oyu had to pay for it ?

bellum

Gamer since age 2
well yeah it wouldn't really be a trade quest anymore also the guy needed help cause he was kinda blind and I was so rich that every time that I lost my giants knife I went to buy another one also if you have all 100 skulltula's you could just keep on going to kariko village and talking to that guy(which I dont follow the guide to getting the gold skulltulas)

here is my trick to getting rupees:well when I lose my Giants knife I use bolereo of fire then I enter Goron city at the statue ou have to push out of the way to get to death mountain crater and when in that room I smash all the jars one is containing a red rupee(20 rupees)and then I leave the room and I come back and smash all the jars again and another red rupee on my way I just keep on doing this untill I have all 500 rupees and then I get the Giants knife then I learned that the Biggorons sword replaces the Giants knifeo_O:D

and then I learned that the Biggoron sword replaces the Giants knife o_O which I am kinda glad:D

S

skynet136

i always get the biggorions sword because i get my shield eaten by a like like whenever i can and be shieldless link with the goron tunic i think he looks cooler that way so getting a 2 handed better sword when i done use a shield is a no bbrainer until u get the mirror sheld

H

Hero0fTimeLink

Personally i would say to get it when you get the chance to.(when you have the equips you need to get it) because its 10x stronger then master sword.

Guardian

The Chosen One
I don't really remember how many times it took me. All I can remember was that I used a walkthrough for it and after that it wasn't that hard to get i guess.

I did the side-quest and got the Biggoron Sword since my first play, then again, leaving something undone in my first 3D was something I didn't even think as an option I had, hahah.

I think it was worth the side-quests pain. The first time getting to Lake Hylian and getting the eye drops back was a pain. But I managed.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
biggor sword= epic win
even though the biggoron sword is more powerful than the master sword, the master sword is still pretty master full. its is the blade that banishes evils bane, and the sword that identifies you as the hero of time. not only that, but it has other powers aswell. the master sword is not just a sword. for example, it can seal away ganonndorf and prevent him from entering the sacred realm. also it can perform magical moves which the biggoron sword cannot. but i do love the biggoron sword, and always get it as soon as i become an adult.

L

Legendary Chaos

for me it was really easy to get and i got it as soon as i finished the ice cavern. It was really useful to me because it made fighting enemies a lot faster.

the walrus cat

the walrus who was a cat
It seemed like a nice weapon, but I didn't want to go through the trouble to get it. Sure, it wasn't too much, I just wasn't very interested since I had a perfectly good sword for fighting Ganon/dorf so I didn't think I would need it.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master

Did you actuall take your time to get the biggoron sword before you beat Ganon?
And did it take many tries to actually get the Biggoron sword for you?

Me oh yeah I'm at the part when I'm going into ganons castle and I'm doing the quest now so far I have the odd potion and I will not go into ganon's castle untill I've got the Biggoron sword
I aleays get it right after freeing king zora.

Please ignore the gibberish as i must put more letters in. nrefdgnefjdsnbgvjfsdhjbgvjdfsnbnffvcnbvflfnbgvjrgfvbjksfdv

Zarom

The King
During the first games I did in OOT, I used to always get the Biggoron's Sword to help me kill everything. :sword:

But now, when I play, I still do the quest to get it (because it is fun and also I want to have all items), but I don't use it anymore. NOT AT ALL. It makes the game more challenging that way. (it is WAY too easy with the Biggoron's Sword) So, the only sword I use is the Master Sword :mastersword:

By the way, if you're interested, I have a cool anecdote here:

First time I played the game, I was always using the Biggoron's Sword :sword: to kill everything. (except when we needed to use to shield) So when I first arrived to Ganon, (He knocks your Master Sword :mastersword: off and you can't use it) I use the B Sword :sword: . But when we got the M Sword :mastersword: back, we are supposed to use it to kill Ganon. But I didn't know that! Thus, I was trying and trying again and again to kill him, but I couldn't!, since it wasn't the M Sword! :mastersword: I was using the B Sword! :sword:

So, that is ridiculous isn't it?

Last edited:
L

laken7

I got it before the Water Temple after I went through the Ice Cavern. It only took me one try as well. It comes in handy as it kills all enemies faster. :)

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
The first time I played Ocarina of Time, I think I actually found it (and Epona) before I even found the Hookshot. The reason was because I was told to go to Kakariko Village, but didn't think to check the Graveyard before trying to talk to everyone else in the game I could get to (even figuring out to jump Epona over to that crazy Carpenter in Gerudo Valley!). Somehow, I also missed the guy near the tree who tells you about seeing Dampe in the graveyard.

I actually assumed the item I'd get at the end of the trading sequence would allow me to enter the Forest Temple... I was kind of happy, and kind of frustrated when it was "just" a more powerful sword. It was also incredibly frustrating trying to deliver the eyedrops while avoiding the Skullwalltulas, as I had nothing to kill them with! I eventually managed, but I thought it was way too hard. After I was done with that, I ended up checking the Graveyard again since I realized it was the only place I hadn't looked.

The reason I remember this so distinctly is because I was constantly cursing Adult Link's being more poorly equipped than Young Link was after he left the Kokiri Forest.

Austin

Austin
I've used the Biggoron sword twice. For whatever reason, I always feel like I'm cheating when I use it, so I stick with the Master Sword. It only took me a single try to run the eye-drops back , though I only had about 15 seconds left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom