• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Biased Final Boss Area?

So as we know, in Skyward Sword you fight Demise in Faron Woods. Well not exactly but to get to his battle area you have to go to Faron Woods. Now this is unfair because it makes it look like Faron Woods is the best region. Even though I liked Faron Woods the best (Lake Floria particularly) I don't think the final boss area should have been held there. It basically implies that there's nothing special about Lanayru Desert and Eldin Volcano. What I think should have happened is that Demise gets resurrected and creates his own region and that's where the horde of enemies, and Ghirahim's final form will take place, and ultimately Demise. But this is just me. Don't think that I am hating on Skyward Sword. I love the game I just thought that making Faron Woods the place of the final boss was kind of biased:lol:

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
Well, I guess it is sort of biased, but only because that's where he was sealed, not because of some kind of preference from Nintendo. It's not like he just gets released and you have to chase him. You fought Ghirahim there and he released him there, so if Nintendo had moved the battle area somewhere else, I think it would have taken away from the climacticity somewhat.

Well the Temple of Time exist in a forest in Twlight Princess and the Master Sword is found in the Lost Woods. Since its the origins of the Master Sword, it would make sense for the final battle to take place in the Faron Province. Lanayru Desert has the Lightning Round game, timestones, rollercoasters, a giant ship, a great sea, and a huge mining facility. Eldin has a Volcano, Mogmas, an open temple, treasure hunting, and a mountain trek. I don't think either region are inferior to Faron Woods. Besides the final battle did indeed to took place in Demise's Realm as that portal transports Link to a watery world without end.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
Well it makes sense that it was there because that is where he was sealed. Otherwise, he may have been anywhere. Wherever he was sealed it makes sense to have the battle commence in that area.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I never thought about that, and I'm sure not many have. He was sealed outside of the Faron Woods, and also, you go in the sky somewere to fight him! How do you know that the fight itself takes place in the woods???

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Realistically, bias has nothing to do with it. It could be figured early on that the final battle would take place within Faron. Even fighting The Imprisoned twice in that very would've allowed me to figure that out, and the third time only helped to confirm that since that creature emerged from that portal to begin with, his true form would also reside in the spot to which it led. It honestly had to take place somewhere, but that doesn't make it "superior" to the Eldin and Lanayru provinces.

Last edited:
I believe you partially misunderstand what bias is referring to. Bias usually refers to a point of view that favors one side over the other. The fact that the Sealed Grounds is in Faron Woods is not an example of bias in any way. If we're defining bias how you are, I would argue that the largest bias throughout the game is directed towards Lanayru. Once again, however, I maintain that you are misunderstanding the meaning of the term "bias".

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Well, Sealed Grounds is in Faron Woods. If there was a chase or something, then that would really take away the moment. To get there, you had to fight an army of Bokoblins. Once there, you had to fight Ghirahim. So a chase on Demise would really destroy that moment. But I wonder how it would be like if the warp area to fight Demise. But Faron Province is an important region. It's where the Temple of Time and Master Sword are located in Twilight Princess.

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
So as we know, in Skyward Sword you fight Demise in Faron Woods. Well not exactly but to get to his battle area you have to go to Faron Woods. Now this is unfair because it makes it look like Faron Woods is the best region. Even though I liked Faron Woods the best (Lake Floria particularly) I don't think the final boss area should have been held there. It basically implies that there's nothing special about Lanayru Desert and Eldin Volcano.

I don't think it implies that at all. As someone else said, it had to happen somewhere. And to me it makes sense since the Imprisoned battles and the Sealed Grounds and everything took place in the forest area.

If the final battle were held in Lanayru or Eldin instead, the same argument could be had. So I don't think it's really a strong one.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Throughout the series of The Legend of Zelda, the theme of Forest appears to have a certain theme of fighting evil. Whether it is the Lost Woods in ALttP, which housed the Master Sword where no evil could touch it, or the Kokiri Forest in Ocarina of Time, where the great Deku Tree serves as the guardian of the land, even to Skyward Sword, where the God of Evil is sealed there. It's not bias, it's just Zelda continuing tradition. Now, what you say about Demise creating his own region? Cliche'. Any form of "Final Boss' own region" is completely cliche'. Square uses it a lot, as does Nintendo, and they do it to great effect, but to me, it was a refreshing change to not have to go through the gauntlet just to reach the Final Boss (even though you kinda did, but it's refreshing to not have to go through it time and time again).

Why do I say it's cliche', though? Because it is. I am going to list a whole bunch of final dungeons. It is an essential part of the game, but slightly overused. Sure, it gives the feeling that you're on teh baddie's turf, and that it's his home field advantage because of that, but still, it tends to be overused in the Action, RPG, Console Mascot, etc. genres.

It's not the Faron woods that are "special" but the Sealed Grounds are VERY significant as it is the prison of Demise, so it's very fitting and not really biased at all. His prison is in Faron because you can't really dig out gigantic twirly pits in Eldin or Lanayru.

videogamenerd10

Indigo Child
the main reason that the final boss took place at an area in Faron Woods is because of the Sealed Grounds. Demise was kept in the Sealed Grounds and that was where he was resurrected so that's the area for the final boss

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
It would have been cool to see like the battle take place on Skyloft and the people are screaming and you have to save them

Technically the last part of the final boss takes place in some random area of the sky.

And the final battle had to take place somewhere, right? OoT had its final battle take place in Hyrule/Ganon's Castle, does that mean it was the best area of the game? Of course not. The Sealed Grounds had great significance in the story and just happened to be located in the Faron region.

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
I agree with most of these people in the comments. I say, the final boss area isn't biased at all. Demise was revived in Faron, so it makes perfect sense that the final battle relates to Faron. (Even though, its more like a watery lighting ring.) Like someone else said, the forests in Zelda are most of the time sacred places. And for the majority of the games off the top of my head, they had the Master Sword in the forest. It would only make sense to have the final battle in Faron and have the Master Sword's resting place in Faron in Skyward Sword.

I wouldn't say it biased, just going on with tradition. It makes sense because Skyward Sword is the "Origin" story for the Master Sword and Hyrule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom