• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Avengers Mafia: Attack of the Cosmic Invaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
A Link in Time, ♪
Welcome to the game ♪
You better be town ♪
Cuz if you're mafia ♪
We'll hunt you down! ♪

That being said,

Unovte: PatCat
Vote: A Link In Time

@Tristan, you said in the rules an extension won't be granted more than twice. I know the answer is probably no, but is there a chance you're willing to make it three times instead?

Mido's lack of activity is really bugging me to be honest. He seemed to be doing a bit of scum hunting yesterday and now he has just vanished with no real reason. It's not just his lack of activity, persay, but the fact that I know he can scum hunt and he isn't.

Storm is also concerning me, he's been posting a bit, but at the end of the day hasn't said much except for a few suspicions without any real reasoning. He's not really helping out the town much and he seems to have just been ignored for the most part. Being ignored seems like a better thing go scum than a townie.
I actually agree on both of these. A the beginning of Day 2, Storm was leaning quite town to me. But as the day went on, I guess his inactivity drop made me wonder about him. I know he's been trying in his own way to be productive and active. Everyone who played with Storm, what is his meta like when he's town vs mafia?

This is the second claim we've received that people know Eduarda to be town (PatCat and now Linkdude). I've yet to see any convincing fake claiming from a game here, so I'm just starting to kind of default to leaning more towards believing it than not.
???? Y, Vergo????
Well since it's out in the open dancing around it is quite useless. If the mafia didn't notice it then, they no doubt would now. This is why I suddenly backed off of PatCat. I'm pretty sure I would have been one of the top targets during night one. I voted him again and implied he try to drop another soft claim so I know for sure he was soft claiming. But he didn't which seems really really weird to me. I'm not sure if I read the situation wrong. Since that post, PatCat's defenses have all been very logical. There's been no "Look at my role, don't lynch me" and it's confusing me.

Ugh, Linkdude and PatCat both have town leans to me at the moment because of the above
Tbh I feel like if I had to chose between the two, it would be Linkdude. He soft claimed the very page which PatCat did and I suddenly backed off him. So I was suspicious if he thought fakeclaiming would make me back off him too. We don't even know Frozen Chosen's role yet. I don't know if we should play it safe or take a risk.

I'm willing to give Linkdude the benefit of the doubt for now.
[...]
Anyhow, I think Patcat is our best option right now, so I'll

Vote: PatCat
You're willing to give Linkdude a benifit of doubt because of his claim, but not PatCat?

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
It is almost guaranteed that at least half of the mafia voted against Malon. The list below is the users who did so.

[qoute="Votes against Malon"]
LittleGumball, PatCat, Johnny Sooshi, HeroOfTime, Frozen Chosen, Ver-go-a-go-go, Storm, Eduarda, Mido, Sadia, Kirino
[/quote]

Johnny is dead, I have reason to believe that I'm not mafia ;), and that still leaves 9 other members.

I'm convinced for now that Storm is town, he's playing like a newbie town. He was like that in the other game I played with him, (Deku's TF2 mafia) though he's a little better now.
I believe that Eduarda, Storm, and Sadia are town so far, but I may change my opinion later in the game.
LG, Pat, and Mido are relatively neuteral in my eyes so far.
The ones I have no read whatsoever on so far are FroCho, Vergo, and Kirino.

I still don't have a vote for today, however, I really wouldn't be too upset about any of the current candidates being lynched today.

How come you were hesitant?

I did not like how he was going after Mido all game, and when he was in danger of being lynched, he even resorted to Mido. I would like to see more activity from Mido as well, but I don't think we should tunnel on him just yet.

I also thought that a PatCat lynch would give us more information at the time, particularly because of his aforementioned interactions with Mido as well as his back-and-forth with Jamie. I think Jamie is another important connecting player in this situation as Linkdude previously threw shade on him when he was suspected.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I also thought that a PatCat lynch would give us more information at the time, particularly because of his aforementioned interactions with Mido as well as his back-and-forth with Jamie. I think Jamie is another important connecting player in this situation as Linkdude previously threw shade on him when he was suspected.

If PatCat might have some kind of investigative role, are you still willing to take the risk?

Mido

Version 1
I see what you saying, but Mido has done that in the past. Ever since my first game he has done that. He ziplined in to try and save the day after a few days of inactivity. Because of that, I'm not particularly suspicios of him.

Now that you mention that, I believe I said something about a zipline when I returned from inactivity in Magic: The Gathering Mafia.... :cool:

At this point, my most concerning qualm about lynching PatCat is that this whole scenario seems to be following a similar pattern to what happened with Night Owl and I in TF2. Me, with my piss poor reads, went after Night Owl for discreetness, and then, he fired back with evidence slightly going in his favor against me. Also, both of us were town. The fact that PatCat has been attempting to turn the tables on me reminds me of this very much. Still, given my struggle to throw in some meat lately, I may have to resort to familiar methods, and no, I don't mean disappear.

Look, I really don't mind hosting lunch if need be since my morale isn't exactly high right now; however, I'm still trying to piece some stuff together. Here's a few thoughts:

Right now, I am getting a good vibe from Vergo's mode of operation. His posts aren't high-volume, but man, do they have substance. Also, I've noticed that his reads seem relatively independent from the consensus reads, which on the surface seems good. On another note, I don't think I am sold on Spaceballs the Mafia Player necessarily. From his vote on Pat, it seems like while his reasons may have been discreet/consensus, he did elaborate somewhat on my earlier development of the wagon. Ultimately, I dunno, as I never really studied Libk enough in this game. Now, for my problematic reads, players I am stuggling to figure out:

kokirion: Mr. k's a tough call. The only thing that concerns me on him is that Day 1, he was among the earliest detractors of my admittedly over-ambitious methods, agreeing with Doc in the process. He never committed to the notion, however. Today, he linked up with the PatCat movement somewhat abruptly, although not without good reasons to defend his position. It is more the quick change of heart that has me questioning his credentials as a townie.

ALIT: He is largely viewed in the same way as Kokirion, but the circumstances are that his style contrasts Doc's previous moves. While Doc was more on the fence about his support of a PatCat lynch, ALIT is more vocal, as evidenced by his vote. Perhaps it's a bit unfair to categorize ALIT like this, since he is a replacement after all and more or less independent from the previous actions before his arrival, but I still find myself intriged by the situation.

Sadia: Sadia's a much harder case than the former two for one main reason: she hasn't been the most active, and one could say that it appears discreet. I suppose this is also defended by the fact that it has been stated that she has been busy with important endeavors. Overall, not much to say here, and it is easily my weakest concern here, but I remain wary of where her approach with take this game if an impact makes itself apparent; however, I will need her help with the next one:

Eduarda: The megaposts have arrived, and boy, does it take me back to simpler times (Even if those so-called simpler times caused me to eff over the town! ;) ) Given this notion, I would like to believe that I would have a town read right now, right? Well, there's just one small, risky dynamic at play here:

@Eduarda

I noticed you were being quite flip-floppy with your votes yesterday. Not an automatic scumtell, but still strange. Mind explaining all the unvoting and voting you did?

Viral picked up on this as well, and I largely agree with the fact that this alone is not necessarily a scum tell. Still, if my memory is credible enough to go by, I recall you being slightly more commital with your votes and lynch approaches back in the heyday of masons. This worries me ever so slightly, but I cannot say that I trust my own judgment insofar as to take upon such a gambit.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
He ziplined in to try and save the day
lmfao mido's going to love that
Crap! I thought I had already posted twice!
So what was your plan here? Just post twice and leave for the rest of the day?

A Link in Time, ♪
Welcome to the game ♪
You better be town ♪
Cuz if you're mafia ♪
We'll hunt you down! ♪

That being said,

Unovte: PatCat
Vote: A Link In Time
lmao what is this

can we get mafia the musical up in here

Everyone who played with Storm, what is his meta like when he's town vs mafia?
Haven't played much with him but as far as i can tell he's chaotic no matter what alignment.

LG, Pat, and Mido are relatively neuteral in my eyes so far.
The ones I have no read whatsoever on so far are FroCho, Vergo, and Kirino.
What's the difference between neutral and no read?

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
This is the second claim we've received that people know Eduarda to be town (PatCat and now Linkdude). I've yet to see any convincing fake claiming from a game here, so I'm just starting to kind of default to leaning more towards believing it than not.

Ugh, Linkdude and PatCat both have town leans to me at the moment because of the above, which confirms a worry I've had about ZD mafia for some time now - scum lying low and being borderline inactive has proven to be the most effective strategy in so many games we have here. I've seen in long ago during the beginning stages of ZD mafia, during the not so distant past with the slaughter that almost was Mods vs Members two years ago, and here recently with TF2. We seem to always have two or three mafia members that fly under the radar the entire game due to barely posting and who are only caught during endgame because of process of elimination (if the town is lucky). It's what makes me almost paranoid when it comes to players like Mido, Doc, kokirion, and Kirino; I expect a bit more activity, with Doc making me especially worried due to this being the exact same game he played in TF2.
\
I came online wanting to vote for PatCat, but these claims... the problem at ZD is not that some people claim, the problem is that except for a very small amount of people, no one is able to produce a proper fake claim. For that reason can I be almost entirely sure they are town, it's just always the case. I'm noting their claims down and watching them, but for now it just makes no sense to vote.

And my apologies for my inactivity. My life is just rather busy. I've been debating whether I should ask to be replaced for quite a while already. It makes no sense right now since I'm pretty much free for the rest of the week, so I'll have a break again to catch up. However, if I feel afterwards I still don't have the time to play, I'll try to get replaced (if possible).

But in all honesty, would I be so damn inactive if I were scum? I would at least play in a manner where I won't be questioned, or at least, not about that.

It is almost guaranteed that at least half of the mafia voted against Malon. The list below is the users who did so.

[qoute="Votes against Malon"]
LittleGumball, PatCat, Johnny Sooshi, HeroOfTime, Frozen Chosen, Ver-go-a-go-go, Storm, Eduarda, Mido, Sadia, Kirino
I'm not so sure whether it is filled by mafia. Even if there's mafia on it, they didn't need to lead it to get it off the ground. So why try to push it? Maybe most of the mafia are in truth among those that did not vote. My point is, don't focuss too much on it, we can only guess about it at this stage of the game.[/quote]

kokirion: Mr. k's a tough call. The only thing that concerns me on him is that Day 1, he was among the earliest detractors of my admittedly over-ambitious methods, agreeing with Doc in the process. He never committed to the notion, however. Today, he linked up with the PatCat movement somewhat abruptly, although not without good reasons to defend his position. It is more the quick change of heart that has me questioning his credentials as a townie.
I catched up 10 pages at that point in time. Analysing 10 pages of new evidence isn't that much of a change, and neither have I changed my opinion about you. I haven't repeated it 10 times because I've already given my opinion, but I've neither forgotten.

Mido

Version 1
I catched up 10 pages at that point in time. Analysing 10 pages of new evidence isn't that much of a change, and neither have I changed my opinion about you. I haven't repeated it 10 times because I've already given my opinion, but I've neither forgotten.

Gotcha, makes sense to me! :notzd:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom