• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Avengers Mafia: Attack of the Cosmic Invaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
@kokirion , you were surprisingly quiet during yesterday my friend. I'm used to having to read at least one of your patented analysis posts before we reach page 20. :P
Worry not, there are still 2 pages left :P

I read back the entire thread yesterday and catched up.
First of all, why did you guys lynch Malon??????? He was not playing any different from normal, and due to his rather low activity this game Malon's death did not provide us many leads either.
To me, it feels as if the sole reason Malon was lynched was because he was considered less "experienced" and therefore an agreeable target for everyone. "If we really have to kill someone let it then be someone we don't really mind losing". This lynch was so pointless I would even have preferred a no lynch over this, Malon wasn't even lynched because there were any genuine suspicions that he might have been scum.

That aside, I think we had a whole arsenal of suspicious player we could've lynched. e.g. Mido, PatCat, Johnny Sooshi (even though he flipped town, before I saw his death-scene this morning I wasn't so sure about his alignment), Linkdude74 etc.
We also discussed these people above the entire day, and suddenly during the last pages someone vaguely mentions Malon and we drop them all. FOS every single person on the Malon bandwagon, this was the strangest and most crappy lynch I've seen in a while.

I didn't mention Jamie in the list above, even though he has had quit some accusations thrown at him as well, because he doesn't strike me as scummy. In my eyes this is in fact his town play, I would be surprised if he turns out as scum. That does not say I'm no longer watching him, but I certainly do not consider him to be lynch-material at this moment in time.

I've been especially wary about PatCat. I'll post my suspicions about him in my next post

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
The first real bandwagon was on PatCat yesterday. Although this bandwagon developped remarkably fast indeed, the reasons behind it were quite fair.

That was a longer introduction than I remember most mafia games having. It seems Johnny's voted for me already umu. At least it seems we have figured out that we have a third party that is probably an SK.
This first post was fluff, we already discussed that. This is also what started the PatCat bandwagon.
The point is, this was indeed a somewhat scummy post, but was this post evidence enough to justify that bandwagon? Probably not. However, all his other posts were just as scummy. Everyone was unvoting him after some people confronted them with the fact that this bandwagon was a bit suspicious, whereas the real solid arguments against him were coming simultaniously. I agree that this bandwagon was odd, but what I find more strange is that everyone seemed to have forgotten about PatCat afterwards.

Let's take a look at his following posts (not all in correct order):
Mido is right, my post was probably a little low key. I probably should have contributed more, I was just trying to get in to my first game in a while without trying to do an rvs. This very quick bandwagon is a bit off putting, though. Maybe it is just the 3 day day, but if there is anything I've learned there is usually some scum in a quick bandwagon. Since Mido and Johnny started it, it is unlikely they are scum. And since Jamie is the only one to not really give any reasoning behind his vote other than saying that he agreed with Mido...
Vote: Jamie
Self-victimisation is not a town-tell. If you made a genuine comment and you are town, why would you admit you made a mistake there? It even was your very first post.
He's also quick to change the topic of his own alignment to that of his accusers, not adding any info himself either but just repeating what others have already said about it.

This "buddy" theory about Mido I'd interesting, but I'm not sure if it is enough to say that he is scum. The one thing that really concerns me about the theory is his spearheading of the bandwagon on me, which could be odd for scum. You guys have played longer than me, though, do you might know better.
This post is worded way too carefully. You basically repeat (not say but repeat) that Mido is scummy. Okay, but you then write a big disclaimer to not make any statement you might regret later. I dislike it because by writing this post you obviously put Mido in a bad light, yet you try to distance yourself from the comments to avoid any repurcussions.
The last sentence of this post was even worse, I don't need to explain why.

I'm not getting any good scum reads at this point either. Usually difficult for me to get on the first day.
Unvote: Jamie
So after you voted Jamie who, for a brief period, became the center of attention, you unvote him again when the spotlight was moving away? And by saying you have no good scumreads you're again avoiding confrontation, and you back this action up by playing on emotions.

@Johnny Sooshi
Jamie, Hero of Legend, and Linkdude74 statistically seem like the most likely because of joining that bandwagon so quickly. It isn't likely enough for me to vote for one with the intention of starting a lynch for them, but if one of them were getting votes for a lynch I might vote for them.
The same story as when you accused Mido. Also again the disclaimer at the end.

@Eduarda
Nobody really stands out as possibly being scum to me at this point. Day one makes it really hard and I'm not experienced enough to really tell the difference between playstyle and scuminess.
Really, nobody?

I would like to see another post from @Mido, he kind of up and disappeared a few pages back. I don't know whether he has just not been online or not, but it could be seen as suspicious. So @Mido, what are your thoughts on recent developments? Is there anybody you now consider suspicious other than myself?
You made a fair comment about Mido here. However, it is not as if you suddenly did confront someone here. Firstly, Mido was quite an easy target at that point anyway, and secondly, again you didn't truly put pressure on him. At most you highlighted him. You simply asked him about his thoughts, that's not confrontation.
This post is not at all scummy, and you posed a good question, but it does not suffice as taking initiative either.

@Johnny Sooshi
Experience may not be needed, but it makes it easier to know how somebody plays than not knowing how somebody plays. I think it is a falsehood to act as if experience means nothing. I'm not avoiding contributing so much as I have nothing to really contribute more than I already have at this moment. Or would you rather have me make something up off the top of my head about how I find somebody suspicious? Is that how you are saying this game is supposed to be played?
A fluff post only talking about experience etc., and using emotions to defend yourselves. And no, there are different ways of playing a game. But I can very well imagine that scum, who wants to blend in and avoid becoming lynch-material, would behave in a similar fashion as you do. That does not make your playstyle wrong, it does however make me wary of you.

I don't think @Malon has said a word for nearly ten pages. He's not being that incredibly helpful I guess.
fluff post. Also, like Jamie first, then Mido, Malon was again the most vulnerable player at this point in time.

I really don't like Malon's response to my post. He seems to just want to sit it out and not participate. This isn't good even if he is town. I would say to lynch him, but I think what has been said about lynching him before being unlikely to help us I'd he is town seems correct. But then again I wonder if it could really hurt that much...
Vote: Malon
I'm not surprised that you then also ended up on the Malon bandwagon. He was too easy of a target, and for you it was maybe an attempt to seem involved?

So far PatCat has been avoiding confrontations and only defended himself using emotional arguments. Everytime he did accuse people they were, on "coincidence", always the most vulnerable players at that point in time. It is also remarkable how quickly he has been dropping his accusations. His accusations always moved with the general atmosphere of the game. I think that is scummy, because a genuine townie is critical of what the mass is saying and is therefore attempting to pursue his/her own suspicions. They might overlap, but this excessive overlap seems to be too much of a coincidence to really be a coincidence.
FOS PatCat

I'm keeping my eyes on you, at the moment you are my biggest suspect.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
I'll admit that going after Malon was a rash decision, but a good chunk of the town supported it, so I don't think it was a mistake. I went after him because he seemed the most scummy to me, I didn't know how he played in the past. I didn't know so many people would vote for him. Logically the should be scum in that Malon lynch, though. Cecking the overlaps between the people involved with the bandwagon and Malon's lynch might be a good start.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I think unlimited shot vig should shoot every night BUT on the 1st night shoot an inactive or a low profile player. It's the only way to even the playing field with the mafia during the night. I think pendio was a bad target for a n1 kill, though.

Yeah policy vig, which Pendio does not fall under.

Why is Viral blue
I must be the dreaming god... Err... Howard the Duck? >.>

I felt uncomfortable about how the Malon lynch built and I would bet my nutsack there's scum on it. It was really quick, no one even sort of discussed it? Although perhaps it's a product of day 1, but my guess is at least one and as many as 3 scum are on that lynch.
I doubt it would be three, but I do agree there is at least one. It's in scum's best interest to end the day as early as they can stifle discussion, but deadline was fast approaching at that time anyway, and its doubtful scum would bandwagon together to speed it up by just an hour or two, so I doubt they jumped on in quick succession, though I could be wrong as Day 1 scum can be a bit bold.
LittleGumball, PatCat, Johnny Sooshi, HeroOfTime, Frozen Chosen, Ver-go-a-go-go, Storm, Eduarda, Mido, Sadia, Kirino

Iirc (this is mostly based off lineages - it's been too long since i was scum tbh), you can't make a kill and also use your extra power (aka if you're a roleblocker, you can't block and kill at the same time). So. Yeah. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's just something I do, and I've never seen any other mod do it. Most allow the mafia extra power and night kill to happen together by the same player. It's quite possible Tristan isn't doing this.

Mido

Version 1
Ugh, talk about a crappy night.... :confused:

I'm still pretty much dabbling with my previous suspicions, but I do notice that a few of us were pondering over Johnny's suspects since he was a high-profile target. The only one that coincided with my concerns directly was his feedback on one of Doc's posts.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
This is unrelated to the game discussion (I'll reply to that later), but I thought that maybe if @Tristan allows, we can unofficially start the mentor idea suggested as it seems to be generally agreed with.

@The Hero of Legend has been reading posts, as evident by his likes, but has barely been posting anything. I'd really like to see more of his input but I know it must be confusing for him so I don't want to pressure him to formulate a response. So I thought, if he's ok with it, we can give him a mentor. HoL, this person would be experienced in Mafia and would guide you along the discussion in a separate area provided by Tristan. They will give you advice and tips and hopefully encourage you to post more.

I was thinking maybe if either @Pendio or @Johnny Sooshi want to, they can take up this role.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
That's just something I do, and I've never seen any other mod do it. Most allow the mafia extra power and night kill to happen together by the same player. It's quite possible Tristan isn't doing this.
o

well like i said, it's been too long since I was scum (last time was KI mafia which was ages ago)

So you're saying more like a Witch?
that's not what i'm saying :P I think it's highly improbable.

Cecking the overlaps between the people involved with the bandwagon and Malon's lynch might be a good start.
So what are your thoughts on it then? What have you found?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'll be honest, I don't fault the reasoning behind Malon's wagon. It was a PL really. He said he was going to be lurking and continuing his usual playstyle, which most people here seem to hate. I do agree though that it was odd that a PL made it to majority. I'm going to look into the end of his wagon more than the start.
The end was Kirino, Sadia, and Mido. Those 4 will be who I focus on for the beginning of today I think.
What I find interesting is that Kirino's vote on Malon was her first post in the game. She did say it was a PL, but that's still something to look at.
Sadia and Mido's votes I have to look back a little farther and find. I'll do that a little later.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
This is unrelated to the game discussion (I'll reply to that later), but I thought that maybe if @Tristan allows, we can unofficially start the mentor idea suggested as it seems to be generally agreed with.

@The Hero of Legend has been reading posts, as evident by his likes, but has barely been posting anything. I'd really like to see more of his input but I know it must be confusing for him so I don't want to pressure him to formulate a response. So I thought, if he's ok with it, we can give him a mentor. HoL, this person would be experienced in Mafia and would guide you along the discussion in a separate area provided by Tristan. They will give you advice and tips and hopefully encourage you to post more.

I was thinking maybe if either @Pendio or @Johnny Sooshi want to, they can take up this role.

I think this is a good idea but based on my role and knowledge of the game, I'm gonna refrain from taking the job unless Tristan allows me. I'll bring the idea up to Tristan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom