• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Avengers Mafia: Attack of the Cosmic Invaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Mido is right, my post was probably a little low key. I probably should have contributed more, I was just trying to get in to my first game in a while without trying to do an rvs. This very quick bandwagon is a bit off putting, though. Maybe it is just the 3 day day, but if there is anything I've learned there is usually some scum in a quick bandwagon. Since Mido and Johnny started it, it is unlikely they are scum. And since Jamie is the only one to not really give any reasoning behind his vote other than saying that he agreed with Mido...
Vote: Jamie

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
@kokirion @Doc @Linkdude74 Do you think there's a high probability of Mafia being on PatCat's bandwagon?
not necessarily. But I see it as an overflow from the RVS. Apparently they see this one single event as "evidence". It is not, nothing can be based on that one post. But that doesn't mean either that the people who have been arguing against Patcat have done so with malicious intend

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I'm sort of at a loss as to what people hope to get out of this "discussion" and I can't say I agree with any town or scum reads. RVS seems to have been abandoned for setup discussion, which, IMO, can be less helpful than RVS. That is not in anyway me saying that Storm is scum; from my conversations with him and knowledge of his personality I am certain that he is a big fan of the Marvel comics and is excited about the theme.

I also did not get a scummy vibe from PatCat's post. It looked to me like she(he? I don't know any of yall's genders) was trying to actively contribute but in a useless character discussion where everything that could have been said had been said, it came off as passive.

Mido's post against PatCat, IMO, looked scummy to me. The way he immediately claimed that DekuNut, Eduarda, and Storm were leaning town so early struck me as an attempt to buddy buddy with people. Also, his "analysis" of all these players looks like an attempt to gain town cred yourself. ALiT did the same thing in the TF2 game.

I'm on mobile right now, so I doubt I'm being as clear and articulate as I'd like to be. I'll try to explain myself better when I get to my computer.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Mido's post against PatCat, IMO, looked scummy to me. The way he immediately claimed that DekuNut, Eduarda, and Storm were leaning town so early struck me as an attempt to buddy buddy with people. Also, his "analysis" of all these players looks like an attempt to gain town cred yourself. ALiT did the same thing in the TF2 game.
I do actually agree with this buddy theory. I too think that has been the most scummy action so far. There is absolutely no reason to publicly state you think someone is town within the first 4 pages of the game. That's either way a tad naive or an attempt to buddy these players

Mido

Version 1
I won't join the Patcat wagon yet. Yes, it was a nothing post, but the "go with the flow" thing you guys talking about him seems to be him reacting to an RVS vote. That doesn't seem scummy to me at least

It wasn't so much his reaction to Johnny's earlier vote that raised an eyebrow on my end as it was his rolling with the consensus in a semi-discreet manner. I can see what you're saying on his reaction to Johnny's vote though, which I did not wholly consider in my own decisionmaking.

Mido is right, my post was probably a little low key. I probably should have contributed more, I was just trying to get in to my first game in a while without trying to do an rvs. This very quick bandwagon is a bit off putting, though. Maybe it is just the 3 day day, but if there is anything I've learned there is usually some scum in a quick bandwagon. Since Mido and Johnny started it, it is unlikely they are scum. And since Jamie is the only one to not really give any reasoning behind his vote other than saying that he agreed with Mido...

I'm

I'm on mobile right now, so I doubt I'm being as clear and articulate as I'd like to be. I'll try to explain myself better when I get to my computer.

I can see why you would think this, especially with your second point. I may very well be trying too hard, but I assure you that my intentions are well-intended. As far as the rest of your thoughts go, I don't quite see where I'm buddying with people. Maybe my DekuNut read tipped you off as such since of my current reads, he is my strongest town read, which is fair to asusme; however, my other reads aren't as strong. I can see where a few of us are coming from regarding Storm's potential use of a red herring in the form of the setup discussion, which slightly weakens my town read on him, but I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt at this current moment. Eduarda, I never noted as a town read, as I read her neutrally. Perhaps my language was a tad too absolute in nature.

Eduarda is trying really hard. Not sure yet whether that implies super scum or super town.

She usually puts in the good effort, regardless of alignment, so I agree with you on this. I do find it trivially interesting that she used my first read list as a template for questioning Hero of Legend:

@The Hero of Legend what do you feel about Storm, Dekunut, and me?

Mido

Version 1
EBWODP

I just realized that I never finished addressing PatCat, so I'll continue this below:

@PatCat I think your reasoning is fair on why you acted as such. I'm not quite certain on if your alignment is pro-town; however, moving down your post, I think you make a good point on the wagon I spearheaded so far. I admit that its preliminary stages have evolved rather abruptly, which makes your theory of scum being on this early quite possible. I agree with your observations on Johnny, and I'm not quite sure about Jamie just yet. The Hero of Legend's vote stands out to me the most, as much like Jamie's it was more abrupt in nature. It is something I will need to consider.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
For me it's that there actually is a bit to talk about and we're clearly going past RVS and yet he chose to react to an RVS vote and just go. "Cool. Seems we may have an SK"
I'm giving him a little bit of leeway because it was his first post. If it weren't then I'd be more worried about it.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I know my role. And i know with my abilities i need to be 100% sure someone is town before i act. Kind of why i called out certain people attempting to get thier opinion and try to get things unclouded. I do lists so i can look back at my posts and know the findings and to keep track. After reading through this scrutiny and this very blatant wagon starting im just going to
Vote: Eduarda
Im not familiar with you or your playstyle so i might be wrong. Can you convince me that you mean no ill will??

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
10/10 best soft claim ever
Forgive me for keeping my vote on you, Storm. You're moving on, so I'm not gonna bother you any more for the setup, but I think you just softclaimed for no reason, which I don't tend to trust. It fits your MO but we've only seen you as scum once, so I can't talk about your scum meta (not like I'm good at meta anyways).

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Does knowing the heroes even help?

I think it can. I'll probably see if I can tie some together with powers during the first night.

Yeah, it seems like he's clearly trying to avoid confrontation.

That wasn't the whole reason others voted for him. Some did site him going with the flow, which could describe what you're doing.

Eduarda is trying really hard. Not sure yet whether that implies super scum or super town.

Storm plays the same way this game.

I'm with you on Eduarda. She usually plays this way so it can be difficult to tell. Keep an eye out for now.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I didn't even know Johnny was voting for you. I just thought your post was weird as hell.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I can see why you would think this, especially with your second point. I may very well be trying too hard, but I assure you that my intentions are well-intended. As far as the rest of your thoughts go, I don't quite see where I'm buddying with people. Maybe my DekuNut read tipped you off as such since of my current reads, he is my strongest town read, which is fair to asusme; however, my other reads aren't as strong. I can see where a few of us are coming from regarding Storm's potential use of a red herring in the form of the setup discussion, which slightly weakens my town read on him, but I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt at this current moment. Eduarda, I never noted as a town read, as I read her neutrally. Perhaps my language was a tad too absolute in nature.

Like Kokirion said, there was absolutely no reason to publicly announce two people as "leaning town" this early. The day had still just begun and the only discussion was focused on the characters present in this game, one that I think majority of us would agree was largely useless and unhelpful. So I don't see how one can safely make an analysis of the other players. The best explanation for that, IMO, is scum trying to "buddy" with townies.

Also, your analysis of Eduarda was most certainly a favorable analysis of her, saying that she has actively been involved in discussion. Your final conclusion may have been neutral, but the actual analysis suggested town. At least that was how I perceived it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom