• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Aren's Sketchbook(aka Monolith's Art Thread)

Aha. The Charizard vanished. *redraws* I am NOT SHADING THIS THING! The shading took forever on the last one! And so did the wings...

As for Rento, I'll simply need a guide. It's not easy to draw someone else's character... especially knowing nothing but a name.

You can make your request now and put it in a spoiler. I promise I won't look until these are done!

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
*doesn't know how to make spoilers* I think I'll do it in a PM. Thanks!

No I won't, actually. Lemme just check how to make spoilers and I'll put them here.

This: iPod pics K 349.jpg If you could, make her bangs a bit more Ariel-esque, and just make her more detailed in general. This pic is just the basics. She's all tall and lithe and stuff. I can't show that.
This: iPod pics K 350.jpg Make his hair better. I can't draw male hair for the life of me. It should be kinda like David Henrie's but much neater. And again with the general detail.
And this: iPod pics K 351.jpg Make her look younger. She looks like an adult here. She's 14. And general detail, of course.
Thanks, I super duper appreciate it! And sorry they're all sideways... :dry:

Last edited:
This... is quite possibly the most overdue drawing I have ever done in my life. This is possibly the fastest I have ever sketched and inked a drawing, the most I ahve let flaws slide, the least I have edited the final image. My simplest sketch in a long, long while. But it's here. I'm so sorry this took so long, Furrysnail, and I beg your forgiveness with a gift of peace and penance.

dfzxhh.jpg

OMG THANK YOU! FORGIVENESS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! FORGIVE ME FOR BOTHERING YOU SOOOO MUCH! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Eh heh. I deserved it for letting you down so much. You're welcome :)

Aww, Rento's cute! Different than I pictured, a bit older and such, but I like him! Awesome OC, Furry.

Well, Rento's eleven. Keep in mind that I'm 12. I know better than many artists what being that age is like.

Still waiting to see Val...

About Val. Can I use her in a manga? It's about Aren, and he has a lot of flashbacks... just brief cuts of similar stuff to situations he gets into, that give him solutions to the problems as well as telling the reader his story. At the end, it's revealed what happened to her when he... "meets" her... and then there's actually bittersweet ending. You'll see. I'll run a lot of character drafts and dialogue cuts by you for confirmation that I'm getting her right.

Wait. WAIT A FREAKING SECOND! YOU'RE ACTUALLY TWELVE?! HOW CAN A TWELVE-YEAR-OLD HAVE THAT MUCH TALENT?!

*blushes intensely* I don't know! What, did you think I was an adult or something? It's true that I'm more mature and independent than most my age, and I ahve my weird moments where I act forty or so, but I really am twelve. On June 7th, 2000 I was born. And I've been drawing since I could hold a crayon, like all people, but I was a lot more serious about it from a really, really young age... I'm a perfectionist, I guess.

It just goes to show: never underestimate the youth!

What about Raenis? Same thing?

Well, maybe. It's set in modern times, and a modern war was fought, but I can put Raenis in if I'm very, very careful with him. Would you like me to?

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Oh. My. Din. You are awesome. I really did think you were older than me, if only by a few years. But maaaan, gurl! You are even more awesome now!

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Yes, go ahead.

I had no idea you were so young, either. I feel weird doing roleplays and stuff as it is... I'm 33... I'm... 12 at heart, though, or something. I do think your style has room for growth, but it is quite good - and I've done art in a professional capacity (just graphic design, but still)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom