• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Aren's Sketchbook(aka Monolith's Art Thread)

Wow, these are good! ^^ Although I haven't even heard of your RP (gosh I'm bad XD), these looks super duper cool.

It's not at all unnatural that you don't know of BSB. There are only three people in it since Triforce Ballad(who started it)vanished. Me, DL7, and Shadsie. But Aren... I'm keeping Aren. And than you... well, everyone! As stated before, nothing makes me happier than when my work is appreciated like this.

Aaand I actually have a drawing done today up. This one is of an Aeroc(air-ohs), a person pretty much made of armor... you'll see. Her name is Aeron, ad she is the main character in a story that might become an RP because my ideas are limited.

2uo4b35.jpg

And that's all, folks. Cya.

bunny

birb overlord
I had no idea you were so artistically talented, Hyli! These are super awesome; keep up the amazing work! I LOVE your drawings! <3 <3

Thanks, it's much appreciated! I pretty much do everything when it comes to art, but I'm best at drawing. It's all about doing it a lot... I draw near constantly. It doens't hurt to look at other's works and learn from them. And then you just sort of... do it. The more effort and inspiration you out into pretty much everything and anything, the better it is in the end.

I can't share everything yet or else I'll run dry. I have no idea where I pulled the Aeroci from... but I now take requests! Color or my usual grayscale, I do both. I've been ludicrously unreliable in the past, but I promise I'll be more prompt these days now that I've seen all this love form my works. You can also specify graphic(which often turns out like my sig)or my normal touched-up hand art. So... ja. That's all I've got. Now stop distracting me and... distract me. What? Um.

I most certainly did not! When creating Aren, my mind kept going back to Brom's ring in the Inheritance Cycle, and how much I liked that ring. The ring was called Aren. And so, although I tried to shy away from it, the name was too perfect for the character. So I let him have it. I would say that you stole it form me.

*suddenly realizes she was joking around* Uh... right. HI

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
It's not at all unnatural that you don't know of BSB. There are only three people in it since Triforce Ballad(who started it)vanished. Me, DL7, and Shadsie. But Aren... I'm keeping Aren. And than you... well, everyone! As stated before, nothing makes me happier than when my work is appreciated like this.

Aaand I actually have a drawing done today up. This one is of an Aeroc(air-ohs), a person pretty much made of armor... you'll see. Her name is Aeron, ad she is the main character in a story that might become an RP because my ideas are limited.

2uo4b35.jpg

And that's all, folks. Cya.

What a really neat character design you have here! Great job! :)

Finally, more art. I may have something in color soon, but I'm still trying to work with color(My blends don't look right, and I don't ahve a good pencil for anything I really need), nut until then... I humbly present to you my first successful sketch of the owner of this thread's namesake. I give you Aren.
25zq845.jpg

SO UNIMPRESSIVE. AND WHERE IS HIS JACKET

Yeah, this is a different style for me, but it's actually a style I use in a comic called Protector of Nork. It's supposed to be funny... mostly it's just me and my characters being weird with some really emotional arcs. Yes, I'll share it... one day...

And in case you're wondering, he's not just sitting somewhere random. He's sitting on the ledge in his little studio. I'll get back to you on that with a better picture, but first I want to show you Kirinen. Later today or tomorrow.

bunny

birb overlord
This is really good, especially for a sketch. His limbs are really long and skinny, but yeah, that's just the art style. It's very... unique. =D The picture kind of reminds me of Yuuma writing his love letters... Anyways, it looks pretty nice. I hope you'll be posting the comic, because I'd love to read it. ^^

This is really good, especially for a sketch. His limbs are really long and skinny, but yeah, that's just the art style. It's very... unique. =D The picture kind of reminds me of Yuuma writing his love letters... Anyways, it looks pretty nice. I hope you'll be posting the comic, because I'd love to read it. ^^

Yeah. In general, my limbs are off. A friend of minr calls them Slender Hylians. :bleh:

BUT IT NO FUNNY. Joking, I will. And I'll try to pull off a realistic Aren... but this alone is an incredible accomplishment for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom