• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Aren's Sketchbook(aka Monolith's Art Thread)

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Male characters drawn like that look amazing. I really like how you drew your character, Monolith. Great detail and pose. Great work!

Heh, thanks all. More stylistic experimentation, but this time I think it's anime. Eh, I was bored. This one has Melica and Aren, but the one int eh dress who's ripping her hair out is Lenyrin.

Lenyrin is Melica's sister. In her canon backstory, their mother died in childbirth with Lenyrin. Melica loved her, she was sweet and innocent... but I believe that a siege on their village separated them. Melica thought she was dead for years, but she survived, though narrowly. Forced to turn to darkness and treachery to stay alive, Lenyrin became an assassin.Although, to this day, she prefers to wear white dresses...

Fun fact. Lenyrin has a macabre tradition of wiping off the bloodied knives on her dress after making a kill, and the bloodstains show that she was successful. Five knives, and she almost never misses. I want to meet her launder... Like, really, really badly.
fei7wl.jpg

In case you don't know, Melica is a redhead and Lenyrin has blond hair. WHEEEE I NEED TO USE COLOR ONE DAY

Today, I'll most likely have several posts of totally miscellaneous doodles or perhaps a certain Shiny Charizard that's taking an eternity and a half to shade because I made it too big. Yeha. Erm... I doodled at a party yesterday... and it looked like this.

wus85u.jpg

This is what happens when I get bored. Aren gets a scarf ad a fish jumps into a horse's mouth when I am asked to draw a bear.

Left to right, top to bottom: Scribbles for carving pencil tip into a chisel point, a frame of caramelldansen Arefaen sisters[1], a salmon jumping into a horse's mouth[2], an apple drawing[3], a small overhead of Aren's studio, squares to prove that squares are hard, Aren with a scarf[4], a REALLY BAD Chibi Kirinen[5], and a Keriki who was supposed to look happy.

[1 I WAS REALLY BORED OKAY]
[2 SEE PREVIOUS BRACKET]
[3 Ever played art Academy? No? That's why you don't get it]
[4 this as drawn before the above drawing, so I hadn't made the scarf official yet. It was just random]
[5 Labeled as "Bad Chibi Alrei" because Alrei is her nickname. She only lets a few people use it, I am among those few. NOT EVEN LANCE[6] CAN CALL HER ALREI]
[6 Whoa, a bracket that needs a bracket... ask Go_Skyward :3]

This next post is not my character. This is, in fact, the character of a friend of mine, Go_Skyward. Shannon, the character I have drawn today didn't ahve an outfit for the fantasy RPs, so I volunteered to make one... and this is what happened.

35lhy84.jpg

Yes Shannon is a guy.

It's sort of an adaption of his trench coat look, and the lance is not my creation. She is Seira, and she is beautiful and I envy her.

That's all.

Disclaimer: Shannon Wolfe is used with permission from Go_Skyward and is not my character. The position used, the character Shannon Wolfe, and all other content of the image shared is property of Go_Skyward and her affiliates. The writer of Aren's Sketchook is pretty sure that this disclaimer is unnecessary, but had always wanted to write a disclaimer.

And so she lovingly returned to her dead thread to post a new artworks...

efgqib.jpg

Yes, it's Aren. Get used to a lot of him, I recently mastered him and to be blunt, that's a serious achievement. Also... title of this thread. Yeha.

I'm working on achieving true manga, sooo... that's all.

Thoughts and critique are welcome. This drawing has neither purpose nor explanation, I just kind of let my melancholy and boredom flow onto the page and they looked like Aren.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom