• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Anyone Think the Fire Dragon Was Underused?

I thought it was kind of a brake from the whole game because they make you go through a lot and i thought it was OK

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
I think that eldin should have had some more involvement. Maybe not a trial or test, but some actual build up to him. TD was there as a skeleton and stuff and there was some more stuff involving him. Maybe he could have died and then the volcano blew up and the bokos came in. You could find the song etched into the stone as his dying action and phi could sing it, OR SOMETHING.

I mean even though he was a minor character, he didn't even really have a personality which I found a little weird. Even Lanayru for the little time he was in the game, had such a great personality as the "elder". I just though Nintendo got a little sloppy there, but at the same time maybe they just didnt have the time to add in a "trial" for Eldin

Not going to lie, the fire portion of the overworld and anything pertaining to it has always been a personal favorite of mine and although a chain of fantastic events is triggered after meeting the Fire Dragon, Eldin definitely deserved more screen time. At the very least, he wasn't stuck-up like Faron or (before the patch) the cause a game breaking glitch similar to Lanayru. It's minor issues like this that dampened my love for Skyward Sword.

Last edited:
I thought the Thunder Dragon had the best amount of exposure. Not too much, not too little. Having to prove yourself the Water Dragon after you'd already saved her life once and completed a dungeon under her knowledge was irritating. The Eldin trial should have been replaced by something a little more personal to the dragon himself as I was very under-whelmed by how quickly he handed over his song. Thunder Dragon however, he seemed much more fair.

This. It just makes Faron look like an ungrateful ***** and a contrived way to make a challenge.

I have to agree that Eldin was underused. Faron had plenty of time in the game, and the Thunder Dragon Lightning Round gives you the chance to visit him more often, but Eldin? I enjoyed his segment, but I can't even remember what he looked like.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I think his character could have appeared more but his challenge was the hardest of the 3 dragons because you had to use stealth to get to where he was and he was the one that caused the eruption that knocked you off course when you were trying to land.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I was relieved that I didn't have to do another challenge seeing as the bokoblin base, while it was fun, reminded me waaay too much of Oracle of Ages when you're on that island and you lose all of your items. They could've included Eldin more though. My favorite dragon was Lanayru

Actually, I did find myself thinking about that. He was only really there for 5 minutes. Taught you the song and sent you packing. Just figured he liked his seclusion and wanted to send Link off on his way. A fire dragon might be like that, no? :P

I believe Nayru had just a perfect amount of trial to recieve the song of the hero.
However, i think the Water Dragon was highly too skeptical, considering we already had her scale, she'd already lent us the basin after we completed an entire dungeon under her awareness, and we had brought her sacred water. Also, she had given us direction into which the Sacred Flame was. She obviously knew we were the hero, and we shouldn't have had to prove it again, when she clearly was aware of who we were.
Whereas, the Fire Dragon was very easily trusting. If he hadn't erupted the volcano and we wouldn't had to do the Bokoblin Base, would he still have believed we were the hero, just by having earrings that protect us from fire? I felt nintendo should've played up his skepticity or something that showed they were all doing their job's correctly, and wouldn't teach the song of the hero portion to any random person who could walk up a mountain.

I thought the Thunder Dragon had the best amount of exposure. Not too much, not too little. Having to prove yourself the Water Dragon after you'd already saved her life once and completed a dungeon under her knowledge was irritating. The Eldin trial should have been replaced by something a little more personal to the dragon himself as I was very under-whelmed by how quickly he handed over his song. Thunder Dragon however, he seemed much more fair.

Agreed. You pretty much had to prove yourself to Faron like three times: bringing her the sacred water, completing the ancient cistern, and the tadtones quest...too much of her and not enough of Eldin! Although the stealth mission in the volcano WAS pretty annoying, I wouldn't have minded if Eldin had made me do another quest instead of just being like WELLP, HERE YOU GO. :P

Did we need more of the "test" or other such think before getting his part of the song of the hero? NO, there was enough there....
However un-like the other two dragons where you either meet them a couple times already or save his life then have the Lightning Round and Boss Gauntlet fun, the Fire Dragon didn't get very much to do....
I personally feel that the Eldin could have had more to do (not per say you do stuff right before getting the song of hero, however many do something before that, or just happen on him earlier on in the game like Faron or have something else to do by coming back to him after to do like Lanayru).

i kind of thought of the bokoblin capturing his challenge because he caused the volcanic thing that threw you off balance while landing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom