• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Anyone Think the Fire Dragon Was Underused?

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
I was kind of disappointed by the involvement of Eldin in Skyward Sword. He was pretty like "You're the hero? Here's the Song". I was expecting some sort of challenge by him like the other two dragons...I was looking forward to seeing Eldin the most and it was like Nintendo just threw him in. Dont get me wrong, I dont criticize Skyward Sword for much as it's my favourite game in the series but he just kinda seemed thrown in. Anyone else feel this way?

-KingJason

Superficies Rex
I'm sort of glad I didn't have to do a challenge for him, the bokoblin base was enough stress for me. But yes, I believe both Eldin and Lanayru should have shown up a lot more than what they did.

Zukoia

DestiaDestroyerOfBokoblin
Well he says he erupted the volcano and so I guess the Bokoblin base was his "test" to prove yourself. and yes he is a bit underused

H

HerSweetness

Admittedly I was a bit relieved when he handed over the song and didn't send me on some goose-chase. The base, as said above, was enough hoopla for me. >.< Also, I found the thunder dragon to be just enough and the water dragon to be overkill. She really had me running all over the place for her every time I saw her! Needy dragon!

The Bokoblin Base was the test Eldin had for us. Whether or not you think that is enough is a personal preference, but he did give us a test.

I thought Nintendo handled both the Eldin and Lanayru Dragons perfectly, and I only had a problem with the water dragon because we had already done so much for her before hand.

You had to do an equal amount for Eldin as you did for Faron and Lanayru - in the Song of the Hero portion of the game, that is. It's just that whereas you spoke with Faron and Lanayru before their trials, you didn't speak with Eldin until after his trial.

Actually, I think Eldin's Song of the Hero part was better than the other two's. I liked how you had to use stealth to regain your items, and it was a flashback to the Forsaken Fortress of WW. That part was very creative and completely unexpected.

Beeker

Wild Card
You had to do an equal amount for Eldin as you did for Faron and Lanayru - in the Song of the Hero portion of the game, that is. It's just that whereas you spoke with Faron and Lanayru before their trials, you didn't speak with Eldin until after his trial.

Actually, I think Eldin's Song of the Hero part was better than the other two's. I liked how you had to use stealth to regain your items, and it was a flashback to the Forsaken Fortress of WW. That part was very creative and completely unexpected.

I agree with everything here. I actually enjoyed Eldin's section/challenge the most. I see the eruption and events that happened to be the challenge Link had to face to get his section of the song. It must take some courage and strength to traverse through the volcano to see the dragon.
I admit though that I wish this guy got more screen time. He was hidden away in the volcano while Faron you saw a few times before the SoTH quest, and Lanayru you could see anytime after the quest to do his Lightning Round. Would've been nice if he had his own unique thing in the volcano.

Z

Zanavield

The fire dragon was very unused, to me it felt like he was just put there to fill a hole I also feel like they could have done more with him.

Yes, I agree that he was very underused. If anything, he could have at least appeared in a few more cutscenes.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Yes,he was way to under used .they could have used him in a lot of other things

Literally I walked in and was like "Okay I wonder what trial Ill have to do for him" and he was like "Yo Link, here's the portion of the songLOL. Btw sorry brah, it was me who made the volcano blow its top, ya dig?"

All of my why -_-

I can understand the Bokoblin Base was pretty much the trial, but I was most looking forward to seeing Eldin for some portion of the game. At least you can participate in warrior trials for Lanayru.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I think that eldin should have had some more involvement. Maybe not a trial or test, but some actual build up to him. TD was there as a skeleton and stuff and there was some more stuff involving him. Maybe he could have died and then the volcano blew up and the bokos came in. You could find the song etched into the stone as his dying action and phi could sing it, OR SOMETHING.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom