• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any Good Games LIKE Starfox 64 but Not in the Starfox Franchise?

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
The title is pretty self explanatory, but I just wanted to say: NO STARFOX GAMES. I've looked them all up, and none of them are as good as 64 (or even come close!!), and I'm really aching for a game like it. Please respond! (system doesn't really matter, as long as it's Nintendo)

ApcolypticMufin

Fan of Zelda & Bioshock!
If you're looking for other rail shooters, I've heard the Wii reboot of Sin and Punishment is good, and there's also Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (also on wii), although I can't say that one is as much like SF as you would hope. But really, if you want a good StarFox 64-ish type game, look for Sin and Punishment.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
If you have a N64 and you didn't get it on the Wii's VC I recommend Stars Wars:Battle for Naboo or Star Wars:Rogue Squadron

If you can't find these games go to Lukiegames.com they deal in old-school games.

Hanyou

didn't build that
Well, if you had an original Xbox or a Sega Saturn, I could recommend Panzer Dragoon, which is the best Starfox-like franchise I have yet played. This level's from Orta, for the original Xbox (also playable on 360): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PapMElUiA9Q&feature=related

As things stand, however, the best I can suggest is the original Space Harrier Arcade, for the Virtual Console: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo4omnPc_2o&feature=related (don't watch the whole video; it will likely ruin the game for you. Just watch the first level). Fantastic game. There's also Space Harrier II for the Sega Genesis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt_8NZ4ZysY. I believe it's on the Virtual Console.

Also, the original Starfox is pretty awesome. I'm surprised you didn't like it. What did you think was wrong with it? It was pretty much the foundation of 64.

Last edited:

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
Well, it's more that I use an emulator that doesn't emulate such 3D stuff very well for SNES, and my eyes tend to mess up a bit when I play it. Also, I'm really more talking about the stuff AFTER 64, like Assault and Adventure. I'm sure it's very good, though. I will check out those two suggestions by the way! Thank you for adding video clips!

pacpix

AWESOME
Gamecube has two star wars games which are sequels to the first Rogue Squadron on N64. They are great games. The second is all flying and the third one has a mix of ground and flying levels. Be warned though they are very difficult.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I'd say Rogue Squadrin. I can't really remember though because I haven't played it since I was young.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom