• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Another Game Set in Termina?

When should this hypothetical game be set?

• Before MM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • After MM

• I don't want another Termina game

• Doesn't matter to me

• Total voters

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I was about to say "No Termina game at all" since I don't like the idea of just Termina by itself. The entire appeal of the land was the fact that it only had 3 days left to live, and it brought out the true selves of the people within. Without the imminent threat of the moon, it wouldn't have the same appeal as MM.

But...

if they did a crossover between Hyrule and Termina, where people come in contact with their alternative selves (and not just Link and the Skull Kid) then that's actually a really cool idea. I imagine the two Goron races would get along just fine, and the Zoras would hold one fantastic concert, but there would undoubtedly be tensions between the Hyruleans and Terminans. I imagine the king would have a few choice words with how the mayor is running Clock Town, and Gorman would tell Ingo off for staying on the ranch instead of making a name for himself. And even beyond that, their religions would be in direct conflict. We know the ancient Terminans despised the Golden Goddesses (evidenced by Stone Tower Temple being a giant "Screw You!" to the Trinity and extolling their devotion to their four male Giants), and it's very likely the modern Terminans would take up arms against the Hyruleans because of this. Heck, this would be the all-out war I want to actually see in the series: not between good and evil but between humans against humans.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I've said it before. I'll say it again. I want a true sequel to MM. Set if after MM. I want to see how both the story of the characters of MM and the Hero of Time's journey play out. ALBW's success shows ressurecting an old game and giving it a sequel is possible. Granted, an MM sequel will require more effort and story ideas than that, but the groundwork is set. The people want a sequel. We want a new Zelda game that continues the story we fell in love with years ago. Nintendo! Give it to us!

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
Honestly, I think Termina's story has been told enough. It really was just one giant sidequest and the appeal came from the short period and how people's true natures were revealed. You know how a movie comes out and it's awesome and tells a complete story and you love it so much you wish there was more? Then you get your wish granted and a sequel comes out that is terrible or cheapens the hell out of the first. I would not want that to happen to MM, and I feel like any attempt to bring back Termina would do that.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Honestly, I think Termina's story has been told enough. It really was just one giant sidequest and the appeal came from the short period and how people's true natures were revealed. You know how a movie comes out and it's awesome and tells a complete story and you love it so much you wish there was more? Then you get your wish granted and a sequel comes out that is terrible or cheapens the hell out of the first. I would not want that to happen to MM, and I feel like any attempt to bring back Termina would do that.
Good point!

And Quaffler's idea is awesome, with all the holy wars irl...I can see it happening.

Last edited:

I had almost this exact conversation with someone today about movies that don't need sequels.

I don't think we need more Termina. I agree that part of the draw was that the world was ending and it all felt terminal (no pun intended-I swear).

Honestly, I kind of felt like Termina wasn't a complete world. I don't know why and I can't support that at all but I felt like it was a pocket dimension or a construct made by Majora to use as a sandbox of a sort.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Honestly, I kind of felt like Termina wasn't a complete world. I don't know why and I can't support that at all but I felt like it was a pocket dimension or a construct made by Majora to use as a sandbox of a sort.
How do you know Majora made it? I'm more inclined to believe the giants did. But yeah, it does feel smaller than Hyrule. Which is why revisting it, minus the impending doom, might work.

How do you know Majora made it? I'm more inclined to believe the giants did. But yeah, it does feel smaller than Hyrule. Which is why revisting it, minus the impending doom, might work.

Like I said, I don't know why I feel like that. It's just something that occurred to me. I felt like Majora was into games and very powerful and creating a whole world as a game/toy would be right up its alley.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
Oh I do believe it was a different dimension, one that likes to pull heroes from other dimensions when needed. It's just that MM is such a nice story on its own any continuation feels forced. I mean hey, if some brilliant writer thinks of a really good reason to go back to Termina and makes it work, by all means. But I can't really see it.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
if they did a crossover between Hyrule and Termina, where people come in contact with their alternative selves (and not just Link and the Skull Kid) then that's actually a really cool idea. I imagine the two Goron races would get along just fine, and the Zoras would hold one fantastic concert, but there would undoubtedly be tensions between the Hyruleans and Terminans. I imagine the king would have a few choice words with how the mayor is running Clock Town, and Gorman would tell Ingo off for staying on the ranch instead of making a name for himself. And even beyond that, their religions would be in direct conflict. We know the ancient Terminans despised the Golden Goddesses (evidenced by Stone Tower Temple being a giant "Screw You!" to the Trinity and extolling their devotion to their four male Giants), and it's very likely the modern Terminans would take up arms against the Hyruleans because of this. Heck, this would be the all-out war I want to actually see in the series: not between good and evil but between humans against humans.

Link returns as an adult. Joyful reunion! He wants to introduce the people who helped get him through a tough time in his life to the peoples of his homeland of Hyrule. The two groups don't get along. War breaks loose. Link needs to choose a side. Multiple endings.

Or, Link returns as an adult. For all his life he thought this land was a dream! Perhaps someone from Hyrule followed him there. That person returns and tells the Hylians of this mysterious land. Hyrule investigates, sees the clear hatred of the goddesses, feels threatened, declares war.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
That's.... that's awful. D:

Besides, the Zelda games are all about one kid's quest against an obvious, singular evil. Having him in the middle of a war and making him choose sides seems a little too dark for a Zelda game.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Besides, the Zelda games are all about one kid's quest against an obvious, singular evil. Having him in the middle of a war and making him choose sides seems a little too dark for a Zelda game.

Hm. Child Link (and maybe Child Zelda) need to work to make the two sides see what they have in common and come to peace.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
Yeah, but you can't have a Zelda game without an obvious big bad. Throw in somebody who is perhaps encouraging the unrest for nefarious purposes and Link has to reveal them and then it could work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom