• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Another Game Set in Termina?

When should this hypothetical game be set?

• Before MM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • After MM

• I don't want another Termina game

• Doesn't matter to me

• Total voters

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
That's.... that's awful. D:

Besides, the Zelda games are all about one kid's quest against an obvious, singular evil. Having him in the middle of a war and making him choose sides seems a little too dark for a Zelda game.

I don't think that the idea is dark per say (and I hate it when people throw words around like this) it's just not very straight foreword compared to other Zelda games. But I agree that this idea of Hyrule and Terminal coming together and having a war just sounds like lame fan fiction (besides the lands of Termina and Hyrule exist in within separate dimensions), not some thing Nintendo would do.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Yes please!

I've always found Termina extremely interesting and mysterious. Even though notthing can top Hyrule, I really loved the way the overworld existed out of 5 different area's. Clock Town, Swamp, Mountains, Sea and Canyon. They could add some extra regions maybe, or increase the sizes of the current regions. Especially Ikana Canyon gives room for a new evil or something. Why can't the nemesis in this game be the alternate dimension version of Ganondorf? A lot of characters from OoT have different versions in MM.

Plus, I kinda miss Ganondorf. Demise was badass in Skyward Sword, but I want Ganondorf back for the next game. Alternate Dimension Ganondorf that wreaks havoc over Termina would be awesome!

onebizarrekai

gay energy
See, Termina is a very complicated subject. There have been theories that the entire thing is a nightmare, or it happens when Link has already died, or the whole thing just isn't real in SOME way. It just seems so surreal, the entirety of Termina. For a sequel, I just don't see it happening; it just wouldn't make sense. I know that there was a part of the manga that was technically a prequel, but the manga isn't canon. I'm one of those people that doesn't think Termina is actually a reality in the game, therefore another game set in Termina just wouldn't really work.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
I think officially, it is a real alternate dimension that Link fell into, not a dream. All the same, I don't see how a sequel can be done. It was nice as a one off.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Seeing Termina again defeats the purpose of Termina and MM in themselves. It was a strange journey with a brief visit. Its because of this that many have come up with their own interpretations of the game. If the Zelda series goes back to this, some mysteries will be solved and not in a good way. The strange, unfamiliarity of it is what sets it apart, and in some ways, above the other lands of the Zelda series.

Not that I don't think a game with Termina will be horrible, but no, I never want to see it again.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
Seeing Termina again defeats the purpose of Termina and MM in themselves. It was a strange journey with a brief visit. Its because of this that many have come up with their own interpretations of the game. If the Zelda series goes back to this, some mysteries will be solved and not in a good way. The strange, unfamiliarity of it is what sets it apart, and in some ways, above the other lands of the Zelda series.

Not that I don't think a game with Termina will be horrible, but no, I never want to see it again.

Bingo. Having another game there would ruin the surreal dreamlike quality of it.

Therapist Bill

The Pianist
Oh god no, I absolutely hated Termina!

NOT! :D

I loved it!
From the tropical beaches of the Great Bay to the lush swamps of the cute little Deku people. I felt way more immersed in Termina and actually cared about this world, and the people in it. There was so much more depth to the characters and the element of a doomsday, where all those characters I established an emotional connection to would be gone, made the world so much more alive. I also literally loved the geographical location, like I said, it was simply beautiful.

So yes, more Termina and most importantly, more depth to the world!! :)

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Uh....mmm...I mean....

I freaking love Termina, don't get me wrong. But I don't really want to see another game set there. Majora's Mask was one of the most unique Zelda titles, with the three day cycle and the many masks, but it is a game on its own. I enjoy the worlds of Labrynna and the island from Link's Awakening (I am blanking on its name and am too lazy at the moment to search such a trivial fact), but that doesn't necessarily mean I want to see another game set in these places.

Any sequel/prequel would feel forced, and there is nothing to suggest that this place is no different than the aforementioned other locations (plus Holodrum and the Realm of the Ocean King). It is like the Dark Link effect. Dark Link was given next to no importance in the Zelda series, but was blown out of proportion because so many fans loved his concept. The same can be said for Termina. It was nothing more than a sidequest for Link, one that I, along many others, enjoyed. Because of this enjoyment, people have made it seem like the equivalent to Hyrule, and most of this is probably attributed to the fact that it is the only 3D world we have seen besides Hyrule.

If Nintendo were to release a remake or do something more with Majoras Mask, that would be great. But another adventure? Not for me, no thanks.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
I feel like because the best thing about Termina was that as stated previously, it was strange and mysterious. So, (also as stated before) revisiting Termina may very well take some of its uniqueness and reveal to many of its secrets. Therefore Nintendo should not set another game in Termina...... Unless under the following conditions:

Several years from now once Nintendo has honed their story telling skills, this includes having proper continuity in the games, a deeper well written plot and can design a fleshed out detailed world to explore. The they should go on to create a new game that expands on what Termina was wile giving us a new experience like Majora's mask did, deepening mysteries presented to us in MM, giving us more information to peace together possible solutions (wile never explicitly giving us the answers), presenting us with new mysteries and making reference to events and characters from MM. Only under these conditions I think should another game in Termina be made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom