• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
Look, I'll admit that I'm slightly out of my element here, and I don't necessarily understand some of the jargon or behaviors of some of the other players.

For now, I think it best to leave YIGA be, and to keep a close potential eye on both him and funnier for future interactions between them.

In the meantime, the day carries on, and what have we accomplished?

funnier6

Courage~
Look, I'll admit that I'm slightly out of my element here, and I don't necessarily understand some of the jargon or behaviors of some of the other players.

For now, I think it best to leave YIGA be, and to keep a close potential eye on both him and funnier for future interactions between them.

In the meantime, the day carries on, and what have we accomplished?
Idk about we, but I’m doing pretty well, and must point out that asking what we have accomplished does not get anything accomplished.

Have you thoughts to share with the class?

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
Apparently, the class is doing just fine without my input. :P

I'm still getting my bearings around here, but one thing that got my attention on a reread was that TattooArtist showed up twice, in relatively close proximity to each other, and pretty much only said: "well there's nobody to vote for." My question here is, is this something that TattooArtist does frequently? To me, it seems a little strange just to pop in, not contribute to any of the ongoing conversations, and then pop out.

Aside from that, I'm getting a few preliminary gut feelings about some of the players, but nothing definitive yet, and it could just be my dinner disagreeing with me.

funnier6

Courage~
Apparently, the class is doing just fine without my input. :P

I'm still getting my bearings around here, but one thing that got my attention on a reread was that TattooArtist showed up twice, in relatively close proximity to each other, and pretty much only said: "well there's nobody to vote for." My question here is, is this something that TattooArtist does frequently? To me, it seems a little strange just to pop in, not contribute to any of the ongoing conversations, and then pop out.

Aside from that, I'm getting a few preliminary gut feelings about some of the players, but nothing definitive yet, and it could just be my dinner disagreeing with me.
She’s new, so that’s to be expected.

Also, lol your gut feelings. :P

Pen

The game is on!
Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
Spider-Bok - 1 (funnier6)
All Might - 1 (Spider-Bok)
Mellow Ezlo - 1 (walrusdawson)
Ayano Keiko - 1 (DarthWolf)
YIGAhim - 1 (Mido)
funnier6 - 1 (Minish_Link)
Zachie - 1 (Ayano Keiko)

Not voting - DekuNut, karu, Libk, TattooArtist, Zachie, Ghirahimiscool, Amy Lu Minati, Kylo Ken, Maniacal Engineer, NekoLily, YIGAhim, Mellow Ezlo, All Might

With 20 players alive it takes 11 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Thursday, November 9th 2017 at 11:00 PM CET.

Amy Lu Minati and Ghirahimiscool will be replaced due to them still not having confirmed their Role PMs, so I will start looking for replacements right away. If any of you know someone who would like to play, feel free to send them my way. :)

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
max hi.png
Some of you've met me before, some haven't, I'm Lone, I come from Bulbagarden. And, yeah, I'm in this game now.

Now for the jarring anime scumtest: Who is your favorite anime protagonist? Mine would be Emiya Kiritsugu, the one and true Hero of Justice!
I always have trouble picking favourites of anything, but I still always like the Delivery God Yato.

Pressure vote isn’t really a pressure vote unless you say it is but I like this post.
This doesn't really relate to reads or anything, and is really just a mafia philosophy thing, but in my opinion, pressure votes lose all power the second you say it's pressure. People aren't gonna react in a genuine way if they know you don't mean the vote.

I play scummy town. It is a fact none of you seem to get.
I don't like the feel of this. It just rubs me the wrong way when people pull meta on themselves. It feels like one of the laziest ways to defend yourself to just claim "it's how I always play", rather than using evidence from the relevant game to say why you're not scum. Others seem to agree, which makes me a little more willing to roll with it, but I'm not giving you a free pass or anything just because you've got a "scummy playstyle".

BTW, I highly advise against Cop checking me, it won't help.

CheffOfGames

CheffOfClaims
Confirmed
Now for the jarring anime scumtest: Who is your favorite anime protagonist? Mine would be Emiya Kiritsugu, the one and true Hero of Justice!
Not officially anime but I count it as: Weiss Schnee from RWBY.
Vote: Mellow Ezlo
This isn’t a bandwagon vote I was planning on voting for him everyone just beat me to it :(
If you notice that there are enough people on him with joke votes then why did you not pick someone else? I get that you wanted to vote him from the start, but if there is enough on him then you should consider someone else.
This looks to me like a bandwagon which is trying to be hidden.
Vote: Ayano Keiko
Darth, a couple of things to consider here, because I had thought the same way you are for a moment.
1. Day phases are 72 hours, which means there is plenty of time to undo a joke vote on a joke wagon.
2. Majority is 11/20. Three votes in a game this large at the beginning of D1 is probably not going to get someone lynched.
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt for now, but, honestly, to me this looks more like you trying to hide/start a bandwagon than Ayano's post does.
Bandwagons got on a rvs wouldn’t make much sense since most people will remove their rvs votes when more information starts to arise in day 1. I personally feel like rvsing is just to put pressure on people to see their reaction. I was planning on voting mez before the game started and since their was already some heat on him in this rvs stage I didn’t see a problem with voting him as I could probably get some sort of reaction off him. He wasn’t any close to majority anyways though so I didn’t get much of a reaction so that’s why I felt it was a lost cause and moved my rvs to someone else. You gotta do something to try to start guessing who is who. Day 1 can be pretty uneventful since we don’t have a mafia kill or any potential town and/or sk kills to go off of so you kind of got to improvise something. I know it’s early in the game but I feel like it’s best to start strategizing something as soon as possible.
I suspect Darth here more than Ayano because, well... he is Darth. In such a large game a third vote is nothing to be scared about, the 5th vote would be scary. I do think that Darth did this to create some conversation and thus gained some townie points.
Actually if anything, darths reaction to AK gives me a slight town read on him.
That's what I just said :P
BTW, I highly advise against Cop checking me, it won't help.
Softclaim much

DarthWolf

Betraying Kingmaker
Bulba grows stronger every day!
Darth, a couple of things to consider here, because I had thought the same way you are for a moment.
1. Day phases are 72 hours, which means there is plenty of time to undo a joke vote on a joke wagon.
2. Majority is 11/20. Three votes in a game this large at the beginning of D1 is probably not going to get someone lynched.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt for now, but, honestly, to me this looks more like you trying to hide/start a bandwagon than Ayano's post does.
I don't like the RVS and always try to move on to the real discussion. This stood out to me and so I took action with a serious vote. This did indeed move the game forward which is nice. I am aware that it could be meant as a genuine joke vote, but this is also the perfect opportunity for scum to sneak in another vote on someone. A vote is Town's greatest weapon and I'd rather use it. This was something worthy of voting instead of just joking around. It's not a 100% solid case, but it's the only one I got (although I don't like the "I'm always scummy as town" thing from YIGA).

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Lone and Cheff, you are here! Welcome. =]

The softclaim? Well, I'm not sure how hard I can go on the claim without using up our "one claim a day" rule, but, well, it's exactly what I said. Cop checking me won't help anyone, and hopefully the Cop knows why.
Because you're Mafia? :right:

From what I understand the suspicion on him is because of how quickly he took off his RVS vote.
I saw that, Mezlo commented on how he did so in an opportunistic fashion. Once again, this is exactly how he played in Death Note.

That should answer your question right there. You didn’t answer mine though.
con·done : accept and allow (behavior that is considered morally wrong or offensive) to continue; disregard

In Mafia terms, that means dismissing scummy behavior that might link to someone being Mafia. You say that he's just playing as he always does and therefore should get overlooked. I'm willing to leave him be for now, but the way you're defending him has caught my eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom