• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

The best thing for players to do is keep the focus on the same few people that way they keep themselves protected.

Last edited:
Caps- asking the right questions, but a aps ISO is gonna have to be an All Day Thing

I'll admit I've been pretty passive over the last few days. Mostly just trying to figure out what's going on while mechanics seem to be working their magic behind the scenes, what with all the fighting mechanics and superheroes and villains starting to appear. I don't have the advantages that other players seem to have in this game, monetarily or information-wise, so I've felt like a bit of a lost cause. I'll need to re-ISO everyone at some point, I'm just too lazy at the moment.

The best thing for players to do is keep the focus on the same few people that way they keep themselves protected.
Weren't you just saying that we shouldn't focus on KoD today because you didn't think he messed with your role or whatever?

Or did you mean to say "the best thing for mafia to do is keep the focus on the same few people to keep themselves protected?" Because I'd consider that an accurate statement that doesn't contradict anything you've said.

One thing I've been curious about is why and how Minish died. Minish wasn't a particularly vocal figure during her time in the game, and her death kinda came and went without any discourse. Both of which make her death stand out as something seemingly random and something that nobody really cared about, even though she was town. So I might take a look at some of that to maybe catch how she died - but I doubt there's much there considering she didn't post much.

After a cursory glance, seems like the person with the most ties to Minish was @Rubik . Somehow you were able to verify her character name - was this done through some sort of letter to the editor? Do you have any clue how she may have died?

It's also totally possible I missed something regarding more information around her death. The whole last day was a blur. I should reread the bugles.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
After a cursory glance, seems like the person with the most ties to Minish was @Rubik . Somehow you were able to verify her character name - was this done through some sort of letter to the editor? Do you have any clue how she may have died?

It's also totally possible I missed something regarding more information around her death. The whole last day was a blur. I should reread the bugles.
She wired me money to help with the ransom yesterday, which revealed her character name to me and she told me she was doing it in the thread. Anyone can confirm their identity to anyone, in theory.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
She wired me money to help with the ransom yesterday, which revealed her character name to me and she told me she was doing it in the thread. Anyone can confirm their identity to anyone, in theory.
Somebody wants the paper to suffer then, besides KoD which you ran a Tabloid about.

Soeaking of which, its been roughly 36 hours since Day Start. When's the Paper coming?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
The KoD story isn't tabloid, it's a mod confirmed exposé.

The paper should be coming later today, it's already gone to the printing press.

@Doc what are your thoughts on everything going on today?

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
this reads to me as sarcastic, are you upset we keep talking about the same people? if so, why don't you provide a new subject to talk about?

so far it seems the only thing this game has relied on is mechanical information which bothers me a little but like i said i'm not reading 100 pages lmao

You're not wrong. I think the fact that there are a lot of hidden game mechanics, coupled with the complexity of the game and a lot of plot armor for some players, means there's not much of a choice at this point. Look at KoD, he's pretty much confirmed one of the biggest bads yet we can't do squat to him. We can try again tonight to arrest him but between bail and other unknown mechanics it could very well be a waste of time.

I mean, I don't think any town really knows how to proceed as our primary action (voting) is temporary. I believe that heroes hold more permanent options for benefiting town, but as every hero has to achieve transformation, progress is slow. The only good flip side to that is at least the super villains are presumably also held back by the same "must transform" condition before they can cause massive amounts of chaos.

We do know that the human torch and the shapeshifter guy have respectively achieved transformation, or maybe they didn't have to, but I am currently speculating that we can expect one of each each day and night for a little while, at least until all nine? (I think I remember someone saying there was nine) origin aligned players finish originating.

You're not wrong. I think the fact that there are a lot of hidden game mechanics, coupled with the complexity of the game and a lot of plot armor for some players, means there's not much of a choice at this point. Look at KoD, he's pretty much confirmed one of the biggest bads yet we can't do squat to him. We can try again tonight to arrest him but between bail and other unknown mechanics it could very well be a waste of time.
He's not confirmed a big bad yet, which is going to be the problem with a lot of players and why mechanical information is being crutched on so far. The spider man's are far more complex mechanically than probably any other mafia game and mechanics will play a major part on figuring out the game as well as likely being an essential tool, ie the fighting system. We aren't really that deep in the game yet so it's no surprise people are still getting their toes wet.

He's not confirmed a big bad yet, which is going to be the problem with a lot of players and why mechanical information is being crutched on so far. The spider man's are far more complex mechanically than probably any other mafia game and mechanics will play a major part on figuring out the game as well as likely being an essential tool, ie the fighting system. We aren't really that deep in the game yet so it's no surprise people are still getting their toes wet.
IMO the odds of Fisk being at least a major baddie are near 100%. He might be able to sort out anywhere in the self/maf/supervillain spectrum (though I suspect he may be a supervillain already) but I seriously doubt his capacity to town-side

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
IMO the odds of Fisk being at least a major baddie are near 100%. He might be able to sort out anywhere in the self/maf/supervillain spectrum (though I suspect he may be a supervillain already) but I seriously doubt his capacity to town-side
Kingpin doesnt do crime himself. He endorses crime to be done on his behalf.

Like if two people that work for fisk load up stolen goods in a Fisk Van and store the goods in a Fisk Warehouse, but act of theor own Volition, then Sure its all Fisk materials, but Fisk is im the clear

If i were to guess, Fisk is an antivillain im ots simplest form. He doesnt habe to do a thing, he has other people to " run his social media"

The same can be said about Norman and has historically been shown to be capable of being inaccurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom