• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i wonder if KoD is dead yet

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
both grant daily income

Ragnarokio

zinger implied to me that fisk gives an average of 1K per night, but its random (or at least based on unknown variables)

roxxon gives 1K flat, unless you have a majority, in which case its 3K.

Random thought of the night: We were arguing a bit ago about how many transformations versus how many origin players and so on. If the intel that there were as many transformed roles as starting players is accurate, and we combine that data with the info from the Bugle, marked as 100%, that the game started with 9 Origin-aligned players, I think it's more likely than not that all players that began the game aligned Origin can have more than one possible win condition depending on how things go.

From a design standpoint, this also makes sense to me -- if you're always going to have WinCon X once you transform, it doesn't make sense to not tell you what this wincon is. I suspect there are transforms like Town > Superhero or Maf > Supervillain, because it didn't make sense to put them in the winconless fuzz. Those actually placed as undecided are probably properly undecided.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
My other problem with your ability is that it seems you can also extort money from individual players which is potentially fatal to me.

See I'm already being extorted by the mob and I need to pay them every single night or they will kill my idiot brother who is in debt to them. This is a loss condition for me. Failure to pay means I lose.

There is a reason I want to kill mafia. I believe... potentially wrongfully... that the mafia is the mob and I know that killing the mobster my idiot brother is indebted too will remove the loss condition. What I do not know is if the mobster is player controlled its implied they may not be or if the mob is even the equivalent of the mafia in this game. I figure removing one benefits me if we get details on the name of their alignment.

I don't really have much money at all but if you ever need just a bit I can try to help.

Random thought of the night: We were arguing a bit ago about how many transformations versus how many origin players and so on. If the intel that there were as many transformed roles as starting players is accurate, and we combine that data with the info from the Bugle, marked as 100%, that the game started with 9 Origin-aligned players, I think it's more likely than not that all players that began the game aligned Origin can have more than one possible win condition depending on how things go.

From a design standpoint, this also makes sense to me -- if you're always going to have WinCon X once you transform, it doesn't make sense to not tell you what this wincon is. I suspect there are transforms like Town > Superhero or Maf > Supervillain, because it didn't make sense to put them in the winconless fuzz. Those actually placed as undecided are probably properly undecided.
I'm operating under this notion:

There are two types of transformations in this game. Origin transformations, which will only breed Super Heros and Super Villains, and all other basic alignment transitions. To the latter end, I do not see Origin being immune completely as those players will still have motivations beyond the Origin Alignment, although some players will likely be dedicated strictly to their role from a big bad design standpoint. However I can see flipping to another alignment only adding fuel to the fire. Like for storm the logic might be if he breaks bad because he's out of money maybe he gets more reckless and the chance he becomes electro goes up or so.

if you want me to break rule 2.7 and ragequit, i will

I do consider threatening to rage-quit poor sportsmanlike behaviour and probably against at least one of the rules.

Mafia gets heated at times, and inevitably sometimes you get dogpiled on. This is part of the game you signed up for, and I don't think anyone doing the dog-piling has crossed any unreasonable lines.

You earned a lot of heat (as I warned you that you would :P ) and at least some of it was well warranted. Then again, there's also @Princess Abigail's theory to consider, and if some of it was warranted, what does that mean about the rest of it? Instead of threatening to rage quit, why don't you start asking questions like "Who would be hurt more by having their discord shut down, town or scum?" and "What are the chances that at least some of the people who dog-piled on me were just scum looking for an easy wagon to push?", etc.

I would appreciate it if you didn't threaten to break the rules in an attempt to get people to back off. Consider this a soft, punishment-free warning that I won't be very happy if that kind of behaviour continues.

Try to look at the bright side... With everything that's happened toDay, at the very least, you've made people come out of the woodwork and take a stance on something. That's something that you and others can use on future Days to narrow the viewfinder and find scum. This isn't inherently a bad thing, as long as you can not implode and keep cool under pressure.

Last edited:

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge

GAME STATUS PAGE

CURRENT DEADLINE

IT IS DAY 2. DAY 2 will last until Sunday, August 27th, at 3:30 PM Eastern Time.

Click here for an accurate countdown.

CURRENT VOTE COUNT

N/A

STOCK EXCHANGE
Currently OPEN.

The Daily Bugle: None
Fisk International: None
OsCorp: Norman Osborn
Roxxon Energy Corporation: Joe Hammerhead

ONGOING EVENTS / EFFECTS

Storyline: "GANG WAR!" Part 1

PARANOID KING replaced NEOSILK

Still seeking a replacement for DaRkStAr

Tevish Szat
has returned to the Active Player pool, though "return" is an odd choice of words here, considering he is someone else now...

ExLight got ModVoted for posting in the Game Thread while Silenced.

Aaarrrgh left the Active Player pool and went into Exile.

PLAYER STATUS

ACTIVE PLAYERS
  1. Asfinyti
  2. Asfinyti
  3. Asfinyti
  4. Captan_Lunch
  5. DaRkStAr
  6. Doc
  7. dragonteacup
  8. ExLight
  9. HangryHangryHippo
  10. Killjoy262
  11. KingofDominaria
  12. Morbid Minish
  13. Paranoid King
  14. Ragnarokio
  15. Rubik
  16. Silverfish
  17. Skystone
  18. Spiritual Mask Salesman
  19. Storm
  20. Tevish Szat
  21. theatog
  22. TheCapsFan
  23. Turin
  24. Vroendal

ARRESTED PLAYERS
  1. None

DEAD PLAYERS
  1. Tevish Szat was the Origin-Aligned Radioactive Spider
  2. Stability was Origin-Aligned Mac Gargan

EXILED PLAYERS
  1. Aaarrrgh
  2. Freddeh
  3. lain
  4. Mint Elv

UNKNOWN PLAYERS
  1. Hello World
  2. Princess Abigail

REPLACEMENT PLAYERS
  1. Nobody. What to join the game? Hit me up.

THREAD LINKS

The Daily Bugle no longer has a majority shareholder.

Abigail is in the unknown player pool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom