• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
Personally I heavily disagree - I can see what you mean about information about what specifically went on being necessary to be kept hidden - but SMS didn't do that, they just listed all the people who were there. The fact that those players are all not mafia aligned gives a real solid foundation upon which to remove from lynch contention today.
Wanna join the masonry?

I think it's worth pointing out that there are 9 alignments in this game (post #197)

It's also in the rules (post #2) ;)

1.8 Other than the aforementioned four alignments (hereafter referred to as the "Standard Alignments"), there are five secret alignments whose win conditions are known only to them. That's right, this game has 9 alignments. Deal with it.

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
That's true. But Tevish wasn't able to control the target of his bite, so even if there were another 6 people in there, which I find extremely unlikely, you've still got a 50% chance of spider-man by just looking at those people. Revealing this list is bad.
I didn't really think it was bad tbh, but if it was, damn, I really should've just not came out of retirement for this game to make a dumb mistake

The flipside here though, the bugle is going to reveal attendees anyway I'm guessing.

Also, if yall thought this was a bad move, theatog, Rubik, and you could've just disregarded me saying anything and said my list was wrong, I wasn't there, instead you're coming along confirming it while also saying it's a bad move so I'm sorry, I don't take full blame if this was a massive backfire decision.

Anyways, is there a way to regain money in the game? Do we have to do stocks to get more money?
Jobs help. I've got an in-game job that pays $1000/day, for example. Also this stock:
Fisk Industries [...] Shares go for $10,000 apiece on the exchange, a hefty sum for sure but one that promises good return on its investment. Holding at least one share in Fisk Industries earns you a proportionate share of the company's profits every Day

D

Deleted member 97076

We don't even know if any of the people we saw got bitten, because as was mentioned, there were player there who we couldn't see.

Anyways, is there a way to regain money in the game? Do we have to do stocks to get more money?
isn't the responsibility of biting on Tevish? If we take his post on face value. XD

Didn't want to just gloss over this, lol. I understand the sentiment but if you're gonna play the game this way you're playing it anti-town, regardless of the number of other alignments in the game.
I see where you're coming from, but I think mafia is slightly beneficial to town.
Mafia win if they outnumber town and no non-mafia threats to town exist. From this I can gather:
- Mafia threats to town exist
- Non-mafia threats to town exist
- Therefore, being mafia is not threat-to-town indicative any more than being origin-aligned, self-aligned, etc.
- Mafia is incentivized to eliminate other threats to town and reduce (but not eliminate) town

I think I'd treat them as a more aggressive and better coordinated self-aligned player. Potentially dangerous to town, but not really more so than any other non-town alignment. I'm not opposed to arresting mafia, but I think focusing too heavily on them will harm our chances against other town threats that may exist.

I'd really like to know how transformations change this picture though. I suspect a fair number of people start as mafia, town, or origin-aligned and have the potential to transform into more esoteric alignments more so than the other way around. If that's true, mafia should be incentivized to protect town, so long as they don't know how many members are left, because a townie transformation could force their loss.

Rubik should give us more info in the paper, though.

I'm surprised the fee hasn't been paid at this point. Relative to how much some players have it doesn't seem that significant.

The Kingpin of Crime

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Thank you for the information my newly acquired informant. In return, if you want more money, then you shall have it provided you keep funneling me useful information. Failure to do so can result in the consequences I set forth earlier in our conversation.

It has come to my attention that Rag has dealings with multiple mafia groups. I have a better understanding of the details, but that is reserved for me to know. Rag can speak on his own about his dealings if he wants.

I think it is high time for a vote count, don't you?

"But Zinger, it's only been Day 2 like 11 hours so far! Doesn't the first vote count come somewhere around the 24-hour mark?" -You, probably

Actually... Vote counts are posted at irregular, often random intervals, no more than once every 24 hours. Has there been a vote count during this current 24-hour period? Is this an "irregular" or "random" interval?
The answer to those questions is plainly clear: It's time for a vote count.

Also, Aaarrrgh F-ed off. Guess the stress of recent murders was too much for him.

•••••

Day 2: First Vote Count

a.k.a. The "R.I.P. Stability" Vote Count

KingofDominaria (3): Princess Abigail, Tevish Szat, TheCapsFan
ExLight (1): ModVote
Spiritual Mask Salesman (1):
theatog

With 3 votes against, KingofDominaria is at M-8.

Not Voting: Asfinyti, Asfinyti, Asfinyti, Captan_Lunch, DaRkStAr Andjalo, Doc, dragonteacup, ExLight, HangryHangryHippo, Killjoy262, KingofDominaria, Morbid Minish, Paranoid King, Ragnarokio, Rubik, Silverfish, Skystone, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Storm, Turin, Vroendal

With 20 available votes, it takes 11 votes to reach a Majority (now whether or not Maj is required to Remove someone is another matter).

Day 2 will end on August 27th, at 3:30 PM, Eastern Time (click here for an accurate to the second countdown timer).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom