• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I'm not a KoD fan either, I would like him arrested so we can get his character name at least.

Or like, if the newspaper can reveal something about him I'd like to see it
Well, you'll just have to buy a copy this morning to see. :)

If our lights worked we'd have a full article today with even more juicy details instead of a partially baked one, but you'll just have to make due.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Well, you'll just have to buy a copy this morning to see. :)

If our lights worked we'd have a full article today with even more juicy details instead of a partially baked one, but you'll just have to make due.
my heart goes out to you in this tough time
#thoughtsandprayersfortheDailybugle #JJJforMayor

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I wanted to join the science fair but I saw during night that I had to have made that decision during day. :(

@Rubik I hope that I proved myself to you. Wish I could give more, but that's probably the best I can do for now.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The power is out at the Daily Bugle and we're being extorted into paying a $42069 service fee to get the problem resolved in a few hours.
Can we all pitch in so they can pay this off, please, I want to see the bugle in it's full glory

I'm not rich but I can try to chip in. Can players who have lots of money help too?

So for those of y'all who missed the Radioactivity demo, which a lot of yall did umu

Here are the players who attended and could post:

Rubik
Theatog
lain
Paranoid King
myself

Tevish was also there but didn't post, and well, we all now know why, he was the spider that became radioactive.

So at the time of writing, none of us are mafia-aligned, which is cool!!! After talking to everyone there, I feel pretty good about them at this current state of the game. We shared some role info between each other and did some further speculating on the game.

Rubik brought up a theory that Hello World might be Stan Lee, and they cannot communicate with the game besides through comic panels. I like this theory.

Abigail is locked town to me for reason btw.
Sounds like a fun time. Somebody or something unfortunately waylaid me from getting there. On the upside, I can continue toiling away during the day, which is the only benefit from failing to attend. On the down side, I do believe motivation and transformation will be much harder now. On the upside again, I should start being able to really help town starting tonight!

I wanted to join the science fair but I saw during night that I had to have made that decision during day. :(

Let that be a harsh lesson to all of you. Act fast if you don't want to miss limited events!

If you all thought the Science Exhibit was cool, wait till you get a load of TODAY'S event!! Word on the street is there will be an ad in the Daily Bugle announcing it... :eyes: Don't miss out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 97076

I would pitch in too. Given we only have $760/$42069 so far, My contribution would hardly matter.

Hey y'all! First post in thread! I've got a day job (IRL) so I'll probably usually miss the turnover time.

I'll pitch in to help the Bugle. I can send about $3000 their way. If I read the rules correctly, I think I can tip them so there's no 5% deduction?
Notably (and this part is new to this game), you can now include a money tip (bribe?) to the Editor along with your letter. Doing so does not incur the normal money transfer fees.

So for those of y'all who missed the Radioactivity demo, which a lot of yall did umu

Here are the players who attended and could post:

Rubik
Theatog
lain
Paranoid King
myself

Tevish was also there but didn't post, and well, we all now know why, he was the spider that became radioactive.

So at the time of writing, none of us are mafia-aligned, which is cool!!! After talking to everyone there, I feel pretty good about them at this current state of the game. We shared some role info between each other and did some further speculating on the game.

Rubik brought up a theory that Hello World might be Stan Lee, and they cannot communicate with the game besides through comic panels. I like this theory.

Abigail is locked town to me for reason btw.
This list is correct. I think it's worth pointing out that there are 9 alignments in this game (post #197) and the mafia wincon requires at least one town member to be in the active pool in order to win. That means that mafia are probably not the main threat to town and even if they were, there are enough transformation roles that they might become mafia anyways.
Given this, and how often transformations occur, I think this list is more useful for narrowing down spider-man than figuring out who is a threat to town. For this reason, I'm very suspicious of SMS.

So defensive, and for what? You literally know I'm not mafia because I was there. It's not like I leaked role info yall shared, I could see how that would be hostile.
AFAIK, this list is only useful for determining the identity of spider-man and current mafia. I'm inclined to work with mafia if possible, so revealing this list is only a bad thing for town.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
AFAIK, this list is only useful for determining the identity of spider-man and current mafia. I'm inclined to work with mafia if possible, so revealing this list is only a bad thing for town.
We don't even know if any of the people we saw got bitten, because as was mentioned, there were player there who we couldn't see.

Anyways, is there a way to regain money in the game? Do we have to do stocks to get more money?

We don't even know if any of the people we saw got bitten, because as was mentioned, there were player there who we couldn't see
That's true. But Tevish wasn't able to control the target of his bite, so even if there were another 6 people in there, which I find extremely unlikely, you've still got a 50% chance of spider-man by just looking at those people. Revealing this list is bad.

Asfinyti

aka amber
rip stability
you know for a game this big with what i can only assume is a lot of guns running around, one death and one failed kill is pretty low, actually
although i suspect we won't get so lucky in the future, probably

re:list i don't think there's too much harm in revealing it, although i do agree that it's probably overall slightly negative for town
it does confirm who is not currently mafia or century club or vroendal, but that information is only marginally useful given that origin could still attend and they could flip into (presumably) anything (plus disregarding any alignment swaps, temporary or otherwise)

...actually thinking about it more maybe it's a worse look than i thought it was
hm.
im sure this won't come back to bite us later on

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
Unfortunately, my honor does not allow me to lie, and I do not recognize it.

I am however curious what your reasoning for wanting KoD dead might be? Is this a meta joke, or do you have actual in-game reasons to want him dead?
I can't talk about it just it's what I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom