• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

I haven't figured out how to edit quotes so bear with me ~

Under the Origin Stories part of the opening description, it reads:
"Most of these roles make up the many Origin Aligned players in the game (who, for the most part, require such a transformation before they'll be able to win), but make no mistake, just about anybody could, in theory, undergo such a transformation."

To me, this reads like I'm to understand the game in the way I've discussed, and that it's the Origin Aligned players who are well populated and more likely to transform, in a game about transformations, than others might. Of course, feel free to read the game however you like!! I think the doubt is supposed to be there. For myself though, I will act upon the parameters of what I've been told, and we've all been told there are 9 alignments who may or may not all be in the game already. Sprinkle in a few roles of a few alignments here and there, populate the rest with Origin, and you have your game.
I think you're cutting out context, that section of the rules is talking about transformational roles and says the majority of them are Origin-aligned roles, not that such roles are the majority of players.

It's possible that at this moment in time most people don't have an alignment and people are waiting to get assigned to their real team, but...I'm not going to assume that's the case based on idle speculation, I'll play like normal and adjust as new info is gained.

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
I was going to write a longer post but time got away from me, will have to wait until sometime tomorrow. I'm happy the game got away from the initial fluff posting phase, less satisfied that the ensuing discussion was heavily mechanical and centered around the public role PM of Freddeh, when that isn't really interesting to me. Still, I think there's insights to be gleaned still.

I like Ragnarokio for town, I think coming forward with that type of motivation claim early is pretty bold and most scum wouldn't be so upfront with a request like that, plus the way she's talked about it feels genuine. Engaged with the thread, seems to be moving things forward and engaging with discussion in a productive way.

I like the way Vroendal responded to my question, willing to assign him a townlean for now.

Potentially dumb read alert: I had a similar response to CapsFan of getting the Freddeh role PM. I assumed it was a (very funny) way of making a player a public innocent child and didn't put much thought into it beyond that. I simply didn't care to read all of it because I assumed it mostly wasn't pertinent to me. CapsFan similarly didn't actually read everything. This is the response a town (or at least, non-threat) player would have. A scum aligned player would be much more careful to read every detail of the role PM because they would want to get every last bit of possible information about a town role. CapsFan being lazy about reading the role is a towntell.

I think Exlight's concerns about Freddeh's role are genuine and likely stemming from a town motivation as well.

I likeed the fact that Tevish Szat was maybe the first person to make a serious accusation, although he only has one post so it's pretty thin.

I do think potentially it's going to be difficult to sort people who show a low level of engagement with the game, because while they could be lurking scum, they could also be town who aren't motivated because of the late game start, or Origin aligned and not motivated because they don't have a real win condition yet.

However, it's not really worth sweating over too much, because looking at the mechanics, we're only arresting someone, not taking them out of the game permanently, so they have the option to post bail if we think we've made a mistake, plus we learn someone's name by voting them to their threshold, so I'd say it's generally a good thing.

As far as names I find suspicious right now...Killjoy gives strong "posting just to post" vibes, and captan_Lunch's two posts were very awkward, given they contributed nothing but parroting that Freddeh is town, something which had already been discussed plenty to that point.

Still have a huge chunk of the game to look at but it's getting late for me so that's all from me tonight.
Can the girl with dyslexia get a tldr pls

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I was going to write a longer post but time got away from me, will have to wait until sometime tomorrow. I'm happy the game got away from the initial fluff posting phase, less satisfied that the ensuing discussion was heavily mechanical and centered around the public role PM of Freddeh, when that isn't really interesting to me. Still, I think there's insights to be gleaned still.

I like Ragnarokio for town, I think coming forward with that type of motivation claim early is pretty bold and most scum wouldn't be so upfront with a request like that, plus the way she's talked about it feels genuine. Engaged with the thread, seems to be moving things forward and engaging with discussion in a productive way.

I like the way Vroendal responded to my question, willing to assign him a townlean for now.

Potentially dumb read alert: I had a similar response to CapsFan of getting the Freddeh role PM. I assumed it was a (very funny) way of making a player a public innocent child and didn't put much thought into it beyond that. I simply didn't care to read all of it because I assumed it mostly wasn't pertinent to me. CapsFan similarly didn't actually read everything. This is the response a town (or at least, non-threat) player would have. A scum aligned player would be much more careful to read every detail of the role PM because they would want to get every last bit of possible information about a town role. CapsFan being lazy about reading the role is a towntell.

I think Exlight's concerns about Freddeh's role are genuine and likely stemming from a town motivation as well.

I likeed the fact that Tevish Szat was maybe the first person to make a serious accusation, although he only has one post so it's pretty thin.

I do think potentially it's going to be difficult to sort people who show a low level of engagement with the game, because while they could be lurking scum, they could also be town who aren't motivated because of the late game start, or Origin aligned and not motivated because they don't have a real win condition yet.

However, it's not really worth sweating over too much, because looking at the mechanics, we're only arresting someone, not taking them out of the game permanently, so they have the option to post bail if we think we've made a mistake, plus we learn someone's name by voting them to their threshold, so I'd say it's generally a good thing.

As far as names I find suspicious right now...Killjoy gives strong "posting just to post" vibes, and captan_Lunch's two posts were very awkward, given they contributed nothing but parroting that Freddeh is town, something which had already been discussed plenty to that point.

Still have a huge chunk of the game to look at but it's getting late for me so that's all from me tonight.
Actually it depends on the player, not everyone goes to jail when their threshold is reached. Some might die or be exiled or who knows what else.

I think you're cutting out context, that section of the rules is talking about transformational roles and says the majority of them are Origin-aligned roles, not that such roles are the majority of players.

It's possible that at this moment in time most people don't have an alignment and people are waiting to get assigned to their real team, but...I'm not going to assume that's the case based on idle speculation, I'll play like normal and adjust as new info is gained.
While it is true that I'm perhaps engaging in wild speculation, in that same paragraph the first line reading: "The central theme of this game is Origin Stories." sticks out to me. o.o I'm not going to continue discussing this because the topic's kinda dragging on now and Kingpin wants to be spicy, but I'll leave it with that I am open to changing my mind later but that's not where my head is rn. >.>

Well mainly cause you are evil
But what if that's just what I want you to think? :pp

Edit: format fixing

Last edited:

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Man. The paper should go digital. I checked Bing for the Daily Bugle abd nothing. Lack of Ink my ass

Lemme go talk to Ursula....

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Also
BILLY!!!! BILLY FISK YOU SON OF A *****

didnt a bunch of arrows whip your ass last christmas. Taken down by a little girl and some high grade explosives. Not so good for your image, Eggman

Princess Abigail

While it is true that I'm perhaps engaging in wild speculation, in that same paragraph the first line reading: "The central theme of this game is Origin Stories." sticks out to me. o.o I'm not going to continue discussing this because the topic's kinda dragging on now and Kingpin wants to be spicy, but I'll leave it with that I am open to changing my mind later but that's not where my head is rn. >.>

But what if that's just what I want you to think? :pp

Edit: format fixing
Than you are doing a good job because I'm overwhelmingly convinced you are evil. Why so evil Vro?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Can the girl with dyslexia get a tldr pls

they're townreading me, vro, caps, ex, and tevish, and seemed suspicious of killjoy and CL although they didn't say it outright

they thought it would be hard to ascertain why lurkers are lurking given the number of reasons one might lurk in this game

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
It is about time we got down to business. Gentlemen, I have a proposition to make. Rather than being separate we should be together. United. Those of you that live in the shadows of New York's day dwellers know what I refer to.

Most people are familiar with the strength of an arrow. On its own, it breaks between one's hands easily. Together with many arrows, they do not bend so easily. That is my proposition.

you're asking us to tie a bunch of arrows together into some sort of sturdy bundle? i feel like if your goal is getting something that won't break you can find better material to use than arrows.

I assume you're asking the town for some sort of truce here but I don't really know what that entails when you're posting anonymously and we don't know anything about your role or alignment (aside from that flavourwise you're probably a badguy). What exactly are you trying to propose here?

I don't get why Vro is evil, unless you're working off of more information than is currently available to me, Neon.

As for the bundle of arrows being strong, you could probably get more out of steel. New York is a concrete jungle after all (probably reinforced concrete no less).

More to the point, I imagine the Kingpin, probably being a bad guy as you allude to, probably isn't talking to town.

"Those of you that live in the shadows [...]" would be what gives that impression to me. Unless you live in the shadows Rag.

Ragnarokio

ah, i sort of glossed over that part, that makes more sense

i wonder who the kingpin's message was meant for

Ragnarokio

i guess within that context the most intuitive interpretation is that we're working with isolated mafiosos with some ability to band together, and that kingpin needs to find them, thus the message.

Ragnarokio

though it does seem a little bit convenient that kingpin would up and spell something like that out, perhaps he's under enough pressure to find his teammates that he figured it would be worth it? it feels like the message is meant to be subtle but it doesn't really come across that way, although i guess it did go over my head initially

Princess Abigail

they're townreading me, vro, caps, ex, and tevish, and seemed suspicious of killjoy and CL although they didn't say it outright

they thought it would be hard to ascertain why lurkers are lurking given the number of reasons one might lurk in this game
Dope thank you

anime-girl.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom