• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
Seems more mechy than social deductiony to me

Most of this thread has. It's why I'm less talkative than normal. And why I'm focusing on Vro. Because Vros opening is just social deduction 101 wolfy and their attempts to twist things by leaving out info (others pointed out key info they were just not talking about) is wolfy AF.

Princess Abigail

Hello hello!! For those who don't know, I'm Vro. ^ ^
I'm excited to find out what Dr. Facilier has in store this t-- wait!! Wrong universe. >.>
Like... this is just not a town opening.

Now I understand that this isn't strictly Town v Scum in the traditional sense.

But it's still a social deduction game. And I think this still applies logically.

So we just gonna ask ignore how "keeping Fred from being GG" is like beat for beat a thing we tried and failed to do in the last SMM right?

I'm not crazy right that like was a thing that happened? Involved like Min and lovers and some nonsense.

I think you are confused. I think you are thinking of SMS's character, the Jackal, master of cloning, who was both Town and Mafia Aligned and could Town side if Min helped him discard his Mafia alignment, but that didn't happen and he kept coming back from the dead as a Mafia superstar leading them to victory.

The Green Goblin was in the shadows pulling the Jackal's strings in the 3rd game. He was 100% a Threat, and there was no "keeping him from being bad" subplot that time around.

Now, A Spider-Man Mafia 2 is a different story, when he was 100% Town Aligned.

Zinger has made it a point to state that even though this is a Spider-Man the -- AN AMAZING FANTASY themed mafia game, it is still a mafia game.

I agree social deduction has its place.

This is why I commented about you hiding behind how you typically are.

As friendly as people can be in their opening posts (jokes and what not) for you to focus heavily on that to the exclusion of most everything else because "lol mechanics" is just, well, lazy. Intentionally so I would say given how you are acting like yourself.

Princess Abigail

I think you are confused. I think you are thinking of SMS's character, the Jackal, master of cloning, who was both Town and Mafia Aligned and could Town side if Min helped him discard his Mafia alignment, but that didn't happen and he kept coming back from the dead as a Mafia superstar leading them to victory.

The Green Goblin was in the shadows pulling the Jackal's strings in the 3rd game. He was 100% a Threat, and there was no "keeping him from being bad" subplot that time around.

Now, A Spider-Man Mafia 2 is a different story, when he was 100% Town Aligned.
Hey the host fact checked me so I didn't have to

Thank you host.

Ignore me lol

Princess Abigail

Zinger has made it a point to state that even though this is a Spider-Man the -- AN AMAZING FANTASY themed mafia game, it is still a mafia game.

I agree social deduction has its place.

This is why I commented about you hiding behind how you typically are.

As friendly as people can be in their opening posts (jokes and what not) for you to focus heavily on that to the exclusion of most everything else because "lol mechanics" is just, well, lazy. Intentionally so I would say given how you are acting like yourself.
It's not so much "lol mech" as it is "mech makes my head hurt and Vro is wolfy overall how about I focus on that"

Skystone

I, Chocobo
Vro's introduction seems innocuous to me. A humurous/trollish first post is par for the course for a lot of players. The nonsense segues naturally into scum-hunting.

ExLight

why
Staff member
Correction:

It's an Amazing Fantasy game.

Who is this "Spider-Man" you speak of?

Being an origin focused game, we very well could not see the existence of some characters we are used to. GG, by way of example, may not come to pass if everyone gets Fred to stay true to town and assuming he is a non-threat to town even if he turns into GG.

The same can be said of others like this "Spider-Man" in terms of coming to be.

Other than that, yeah, it's possible. Not like we have a clear view of what is yet to come.
uh

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
vro seems pretyt interested in solving

not so much interested in scumhunting

given his assumption that most of the game is origin aligned and his apparent lack of investment in the town agenda i would guess he is origin aligned at the moment and is more interested in getting the lay of the land than he is in finding and killing scum

ExLight

why
Staff member
cant sleep because of nightmares so that's fun
skimmed thread a bit

Vro's entry was fine, Rubik is probably town if he works for the Bugle specially if he isn't the lead (JJJ? would be a bit more ambiguous)

Not sure about KoD's, seems ok? bit of CWAC. Very very unlikely for Neon-KoD or Vro-Neon grouped in a mafia team from these last few interactions.
Stability seemed a bit to quick to dismiss my slot and I don't think I did anything particularly towny if I'm honest??? My paranoia could easily come from a scummy place since Freddehs role involves alignment changing and those can be a pain for any alignment - and as osborn he do be still a Town role so I would've expected me jumping at him should definitely be taken with a grain of salt (specially from someone who doesn't have meta experience with me) while my paranoia do be kicking in I think rag raised a few good points when correcting about some of the goblins transformations (ie Gold Goblin) being very likely town - so im a bit uncomfortable with that slot. :suspicious:

if anyone looks bad to me at this stage i guess its exlight. They kind of came out swinging unusually hard at freddeh and that makes me think they could have a reason to want them dead, which is more likely to come from a non-town perspective than a town one, alhtough factoring in personal motivations its a bit weaker.
I look bad for trying to discussing the only piece of information we have? lmfao I didn't even push solely for a lynch, iirc I was the first one to say that his slot could be useful for town by nullifying major threats if we could keep an eye on his actions to make sure he isn't going around spreading chaos

and I always hated alignment change recruiter like roles, u can readdress that mafia game where I thought sun was cult and freaked out into lynching him asap

so considering both of these I don't think I cane in swinging "particularly hard"??? kinda pinged by this post

I mean, maybe, but it could have just been Ex trying to get a convo going to break the game into more serious direction? Idk I feel like that's just typical Ex and NAI.
any direction lol i just want to discuss something

It is about time we got down to business. Gentlemen, I have a proposition to make. Rather than being separate we should be together. United. Those of you that live in the shadows of New York's day dwellers know what I refer to.

Most people are familiar with the strength of an arrow. On its own, it breaks between one's hands easily. Together with many arrows, they do not bend so easily. That is my proposition.
bald

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom