• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

There's certainly a large enough player base for a lot of things to be possible.

I would still expect something close to a standard distribution for town/non-town roles (including Origin transformations) to bring about some kind of balance.

And I would expect a less powerful Pandara's (read Clone Saga) Box to be possible if, as the Hippo puts it, people are one bad day away from cooking.

The game is still mafia at it's core so there is merit into playing it like mafia.

I haven't figured out how to edit quotes so bear with me ~

Under the Origin Stories part of the opening description, it reads:
"Most of these roles make up the many Origin Aligned players in the game (who, for the most part, require such a transformation before they'll be able to win), but make no mistake, just about anybody could, in theory, undergo such a transformation."

To me, this reads like I'm to understand the game in the way I've discussed, and that it's the Origin Aligned players who are well populated and more likely to transform, in a game about transformations, than others might. Of course, feel free to read the game however you like!! I think the doubt is supposed to be there. For myself though, I will act upon the parameters of what I've been told, and we've all been told there are 9 alignments who may or may not all be in the game already. Sprinkle in a few roles of a few alignments here and there, populate the rest with Origin, and you have your game.

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
In fairness, this information was plainly advertised in the sign-up thread under the FAQ you totally didn't read I guess. :P
Oh your right I deffo didn't read it but also in fairness to me I signed up for this before the break and just decided to honor that commitment lol I want to play.

I agree with the hippo. Feels like the game is not going anywhere until all these folks with crazy transformative roles get their chance to pop off.
I also happen to agree with your second statement, but from the other side of the perspective!! :pp

The Kingpin of Crime

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
It is about time we got down to business. Gentlemen, I have a proposition to make. Rather than being separate we should be together. United. Those of you that live in the shadows of New York's day dwellers know what I refer to.

Most people are familiar with the strength of an arrow. On its own, it breaks between one's hands easily. Together with many arrows, they do not bend so easily. That is my proposition.

Princess Abigail

I forgot lain!! v-v My mistake, lain, forgive me.

I think Neon's a little too publicly trigger-happy, at least in terms of vendetta, but given her reasons/excuse likely stems entirely from the last game I'm not going to hold that against her right now.

I think Ex isn't bad right now but I'm terrible at reading players so take that with a salt shaker on hand.
What even?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
It is about time we got down to business. Gentlemen, I have a proposition to make. Rather than being separate we should be together. United. Those of you that live in the shadows of New York's day dwellers know what I refer to.

Most people are familiar with the strength of an arrow. On its own, it breaks between one's hands easily. Together with many arrows, they do not bend so easily. That is my proposition.
Oh hey, our first secret identity.

Princess Abigail

I'm getting dejavu
No but actually isn't this like word for word what Minish said to keep Freddeh alive in the last SMM game?

I really don't think I dreamt that up. I'm too lazy to look though. Someone fact check me.

I was going to write a longer post but time got away from me, will have to wait until sometime tomorrow. I'm happy the game got away from the initial fluff posting phase, less satisfied that the ensuing discussion was heavily mechanical and centered around the public role PM of Freddeh, when that isn't really interesting to me. Still, I think there's insights to be gleaned still.

I like Ragnarokio for town, I think coming forward with that type of motivation claim early is pretty bold and most scum wouldn't be so upfront with a request like that, plus the way she's talked about it feels genuine. Engaged with the thread, seems to be moving things forward and engaging with discussion in a productive way.

I like the way Vroendal responded to my question, willing to assign him a townlean for now.

Regarding Freddeh: Do we know why his role PM is visible to everyone? Do we think it's a function of his role, a function of some other role, or Zinger just having it out for Freddeh?
Potentially dumb read alert: I had a similar response to CapsFan of getting the Freddeh role PM. I assumed it was a (very funny) way of making a player a public innocent child and didn't put much thought into it beyond that. I simply didn't care to read all of it because I assumed it mostly wasn't pertinent to me. CapsFan similarly didn't actually read everything. This is the response a town (or at least, non-threat) player would have. A scum aligned player would be much more careful to read every detail of the role PM because they would want to get every last bit of possible information about a town role. CapsFan being lazy about reading the role is a towntell.

I think Exlight's concerns about Freddeh's role are genuine and likely stemming from a town motivation as well.

I likeed the fact that Tevish Szat was maybe the first person to make a serious accusation, although he only has one post so it's pretty thin.

I do think potentially it's going to be difficult to sort people who show a low level of engagement with the game, because while they could be lurking scum, they could also be town who aren't motivated because of the late game start, or Origin aligned and not motivated because they don't have a real win condition yet.

However, it's not really worth sweating over too much, because looking at the mechanics, we're only arresting someone, not taking them out of the game permanently, so they have the option to post bail if we think we've made a mistake, plus we learn someone's name by voting them to their threshold, so I'd say it's generally a good thing.

As far as names I find suspicious right now...Killjoy gives strong "posting just to post" vibes, and captan_Lunch's two posts were very awkward, given they contributed nothing but parroting that Freddeh is town, something which had already been discussed plenty to that point.

Still have a huge chunk of the game to look at but it's getting late for me so that's all from me tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom