• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amalgamation of Anime Atrocities - Traps vs Girls Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
So you're saying all that so no one will blink when you opportunistic

Why do you keep giving me attitude this game? All I'm doing is sharing with everyone what's on my mind regarding the game. Have I somehow rubbed you the wrong way? If I have, I apologise.

What do you think about bok?

I'm fairly neutral on Bok so far. His posts make a fair amount of sense to me. He hasn't done anything inherently towny or scummy imo.

When funnier flips town I hope you all feel stupid.

Literally anyone could say this. It means nothing. If fact, if anything it makes me even more wary of you. Saying something like that just doesn't sit right with me.

Honestly bok looks pretty bad no matter who flips

Would you mind elaborating on that?

I don't really know what to make of the wagons thus far. Others have already said what's on my mind so I'm having a hard time coming up with an original stance. I doubt there's much I can contribute to at this point, but I'll keep my eyes open.

I understand that your current points and views have already been stated by others, but if that's the case, do you think you could specify exactly what the others have said that you agree with? That would make it easier to know where you stand.

funnier6

Courage~
Why do you keep giving me attitude this game? All I'm doing is sharing with everyone what's on my mind regarding the game. Have I somehow rubbed you the wrong way? If I have, I apologise.

I'm fairly neutral on Bok so far. His posts make a fair amount of sense to me. He hasn't done anything inherently towny or scummy imo.

Literally anyone could say this. It means nothing. If fact, if anything it makes me even more wary of you. Saying something like that just doesn't sit right with me.

Would you mind elaborating on that?

I understand that your current points and views have already been stated by others, but if that's the case, do you think you could specify exactly what the others have said that you agree with? That would make it easier to know where you stand.

I wasn't trying to have an attitude I was saying what I thought you were doing, it's generally safe to assume I'm not trying to have an attitude/be rude, I tend to be blunt though.

What seems to be on your mind is that you're planning to vote me but only if others do so, which plainly lacks conviction and makes you look desperate to have someone lynched.

You think all his seed planting talk isn't AI?

That was more or less a joke as it seemed the proper way to end a sentence beginning with "When I flip town". It wasn't supposed to mean anything.

That entire post elaborates on it, no matter who flips what it looks like bok was trying to start a counterwagon to one of them. Throwing shade on kuro and me but voting me when kuros already a wagon doesn't sit right with me.

Pen

The game is on!
What seems to be on your mind is that you're planning to vote me but only if others do so, which plainly lacks conviction and makes you look desperate to have someone lynched.

I'm not desperate to have someone lynched, however I would prefer to have it that way. It's only day 1 so no one can have any ground breaking accusations or even suspicions, so with what I've got I simply happen to be just about equally suspicious of Kuro and you. I would be equally okay lynching either one. However, since I do want a lynch to go through today I'm staying on Kuro right now. I don't think there's anything strange about this. All I've done is share my thought process so far.

You think all his seed planting talk isn't AI

Maybe it is, but it's nothing I've picked up on. I don't necessarily see what it is that would make Bok particularly suspicious.

Kuro

caw
Like Bok said, this is the opposite of what you were saying earlier. You said that the vig shouldn't holster cause mafia could just holster anyways to mess with the kill count. Not to mention, that doesn't really make sense anyways. We don't know if we have a serial killer or vig(s), so we don't know how many kills to expect anyways. Mafia wouldn't risk holstering when doing so could mean no night kills at all. Seems a little weird to say vig shouldn't holster, then to saying vig should holster because there could be multiple vigs and we don't want that many deaths. Perhaps you're scared of a vig of a possible vig shot?

No. It seems I should have been more clear, but I was specifically talking about the idea of reading into the kills in that post as well.

And yes, we don't know anything about how many kills to expect, so suggesting vig(s) should holster in order to read into the results was meaningless? The context was very specifically about that.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Why do you seem to be for and against bandwagons at the same time? If it's just playstyle don't answer but if you have some sort of example on why early bandwagons aren't as good as later bandwagons I wanna know.

Why would Pendio self pres in the middle of the day? Where's the danger?

That's right, It was the terminology thing.

Yes? Which is the same reason funnier had? Which you accepted without question?
Also why should I wait for some arbitrary undefined time to do something? Do you mean because of the content that might be there to work with from...people having done things?
I'm gonna respond to these both at the same time. I did say I'm all for having lynches day 1, but rushing to join a bandwagon that early seemed strange to me. Especially since the day had only just started getting serious. Funnier, at least, gave a reason for his vote (even if it was weak), but Kuro seemed to opportunistically jump on the moment a "decent" wagon had started brewing.

Hm, two pretty similar reasons for connecting Bok and Kuro. I wonder if there was a plan proposed in scum chat to try and work this angle, and both of them went with it, instead of just one?

I don't think Bok would be trying to defend Kuro from a lynch with his vote, especially that early, and when Kuro wasn't in serious danger. And then Mez thinks Bok is possibly planting seeds for later about Kuro, when he was just super suspicious of Bok saying that he felt Pendio was planting seeds about funnier. Either it's suspicious this early or it's not.

I'm not necessarily sure if there is anything here, but there could be a connection with Mezlo and music and it's worth keeping an eye on.
Ya, I can understand how you see that. Though, in regards to Bok, I said it looked like he was really fishing with his suspicion on Pendio, and I still think that. That's why I said it was too early to assume he was planting seeds, because Pendio hadn't really done anything obvious that would've given me that impression. It really did look like Bok was trying to plant seeds for Kuro though, considering he voted for someone completely different whilst saying Kuro looks suspicious, which, if Kuro is scum, is exactly what I'd do if I was also scum (I mean, just look at Anime Boys).

funnier6

Courage~
This post is probably going to be a bit disjointed. I had quoted a lot of stuff, then felt some of it was unnecessary, and also changed my thoughts on some things as I was replying. Mainly I'm just really confused because I'll pretty strongly agree with something some is saying, then strongly disagree with other things that are saying. Which is making it really hard to get a read on some people.

I don't think this really means much. We only have the previous game to go off and nothing else to tell us if he plays the same way as scum and town or if there are any notable differences. I get using meta, but using meta when you only have one game to go off of that is completely different than this one (seeing as the other was huge) just doesn't do a ton.

Why specifically did the wagon need to be on someone who isn't normally very active?

I mean, he pretty blatantly said he was bandwagoning just for the sake of it. He didn't say anything about agreeing with the inactivity reasoning, and even listed two other people who he felt he could tell would be more inactive in the game.

Well, this is a smaller game, so that could be why Pendio is being more active. Plus he's been active in past games as well. It's not really a tell for him. Not to mention, you should realize that in the last game he wasn't active and was scum, but in the game before that he wasn't very active and was town. So it doesn't say anything about his alignment.

Like Bok said, this is the opposite of what you were saying earlier. You said that the vig shouldn't holster cause mafia could just holster anyways to mess with the kill count. Not to mention, that doesn't really make sense anyways. We don't know if we have a serial killer or vig(s), so we don't know how many kills to expect anyways. Mafia wouldn't risk holstering when doing so could mean no night kills at all. Seems a little weird to say vig shouldn't holster, then to saying vig should holster because there could be multiple vigs and we don't want that many deaths. Perhaps you're scared of a vig of a possible vig shot?

Hm, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this post. At first it looked pretty solid to me, and I found myself agreeing with it. But it's also kinda seems like reading into things a bit for day one. It's hard to say for sure, especially since Bok hasn't been scum, so doing pre-planning like this as scum would be a risky move.

First of all, in regards to you not seeing the point in quoting something, asking about it, and then quoting where you answered it, that just happens sometimes. People go through and quote as they see something they wanna comment on, which might be answered later. And then they either just don't feel like deleting it, or wanna add what their thoughts were as they read through. Plus, how is that any different than you voting one person and then in the same post unvoting and voting someone else?

Do you sorta care now about who you started a wagon on because you're catching heat for doing so? Or is it some other reason? Because I find it kinda odd you would care now after people have become suspicious of you for doing it. That's just what's gonna happen if you try to start a bandwagon on someone with no/weak reasoning.

Meh, voting someone before they can address something isn't weird. You can always remove it later and there was still plenty of time to do so. What is weird is the fact that you don't seem to like that, when you were trying to start a wagon on Pendio because he's been inactive in recent games, even though he had been active this time, and you could have allowed him to address your thoughts about him before voting as well.

I like this post. I had the same exact thoughts regarding Lilac's vote for a no lynch. When you first start playing, you want to rely more on power roles to try and gather information, and you don't really want to risk lynching them day 1 as a possible random lynch.

Hm, two pretty similar reasons for connecting Bok and Kuro. I wonder if there was a plan proposed in scum chat to try and work this angle, and both of them went with it, instead of just one?

I don't think Bok would be trying to defend Kuro from a lynch with his vote, especially that early, and when Kuro wasn't in serious danger. And then Mez thinks Bok is possibly planting seeds for later about Kuro, when he was just super suspicious of Bok saying that he felt Pendio was planting seeds about funnier. Either it's suspicious this early or it's not.

I'm not necessarily sure if there is anything here, but there could be a connection with Mezlo and music and it's worth keeping an eye on.

What? I don't get what you mean by agreeing with him always helps. Mind explaining that? Plus, music hasn't even posted a ton, so how can he be doing things as expected?

It's usually a pretty safe bet to assume that when someone is the same as when they're town that they must be town, not fool proof naturally but I guess I don't see what the deal is about the holstering since that's not really something I worry about and something that's pretty normal for him to talk about.

Everyone seems to assume it had to be on someone inactive but it really didn't matter, I wanted to pick someone who was generally inactive because usually if you want to have a random wagon it's a better idea to pick someone inactive so as to pressure at the same time. I understand he isn't inactive this game but so far his actions don't seem towny at all.

It's different because I have no idea if he still wants the answer or not. I see he quoted the answer but I can't be sure he read and accepted it or whether he has a problem, thus it's a lot more helpful if he acknowledges the answer or deletes the question as he writes the post because otherwise it's confusing.

I sorta care because now I have a scum lean on Pendio so I'm okay staying on him and not switching.

The entire point was to start a wagon remember, I didn't actually have any concerns then.

It's rather a dumb reason but when me and music start agreeing it usually means he's town, I understand nobody else would think so. So far he hasn't done anything he wouldn't normally do, so as expected.

Btw Minish, have you thought about who you're going to vote?

D

Deleted member 14134

Now this line of thought had me thinking. I can understand as to where you're getting that "wishy-washy" vibe out of Pendio, but I do want to ask about the funnier-Pendio exchange? Is the ingenuine feeling you get from them coming from both sides to the equation, or more accurately speaking, in how they're talking to each other in the thread?
I don't know if I'm understanding what you're asking but funniers reasoning for voting Pendio feels pretty forced. Idk how to explain it but it feels to me like it could be two scumbuds trying to distance each other, I can re-read and try to get a better explanationif you want.
I'm not a huge fan of this. I feel like you're fishing a bit, and I think it's too early to assume that Pendio is "planting seeds". I'm unsure of funnier myself, but what makes him a better lynch than Kuro at this point? Are you trying to move the lynch away from him? I know you said Kuro is on your potentially scum list, and that you'd have no problem lynching him, so why not just vote for him? It does seem like you're reaching, and your opinion of Kuro kind of looks like a "throw suspicion on a scumbud early whilst avoiding lynching him so that, if he gets lynched, you can say you were suspicious the whole time as an attempt to gain some town cred".
It's funny because I said it was a bit too early for you to be saying it looked like Pendio was planting seeds, but to be completely honest, I'm starting to get that same vibe from you now regarding Kuro.
So is it too early or not? Because right now you just look like a hypocrite.
I know you said Kuro is on your potentially scum list, and that you'd have no problem lynching him, so why not just vote for him?
I am completely fine with a kuro lynch at this moment, I just don't think he's the best option
I said I don't think he's the best option. Also I think I've used the term "tunnel vision" quite a bit in previous games. Idk why exploring other options is bad
Would you mind elaborating a bit more on why you read Mezlo and Karu as Town?
When he's town I see him more as a leader and when he's scum he still posts good thoughts but doesn't always take that leadership role that I'm seeing in him now. I don't think this happens every time it's town but I haven't really seen it as scum mez so I feel really good about him right now.
I already did. Also if I recall correctly Mez was the first one to try to get some serious discussion going. I wouldn't put it past scum mez but he gets a town read from me for now.
Honestly bok looks pretty bad no matter who flips.
Sounds like to me that you're just upset that I voted for you but who knows.
Bok- That big post full of quotes feels off, like you decided to find me scummy then found a bunch of posts that look scummy without considering my explanations and a grand finale of voting me. Plus typically when you scum read me I'm actually scum, but even then you don't read me this hard until day two. Just feels pre planned.
So you think as scum I would, before the game, choose you as my target and plan to go after you? Someone who's town game I've said stands out quite a bit compared to their scum game or am I missing something here?

I might have more but i don't feel like megaposting again.

D

Deleted member 14134

Ya, I can understand how you see that. Though, in regards to Bok, I said it looked like he was really fishing with his suspicion on Pendio, and I still think that. That's why I said it was too early to assume he was planting seeds, because Pendio hadn't really done anything obvious that would've given me that impression. It really did look like Bok was trying to plant seeds for Kuro though, considering he voted for someone completely different whilst saying Kuro looks suspicious, which, if Kuro is scum, is exactly what I'd do if I was also scum (I mean, just look at Anime Boys).
I'm sorry, this still looks hypocritical to me. What if it really did look to me that Pendio was planting seeds with funnier? You're saying I'm not allowed to use certain reasoning because it's too early but then you use the exact same reasoning and say it's ok for you to do so.

funnier6

Courage~
I'm gonna respond to these both at the same time. I did say I'm all for having lynches day 1, but rushing to join a bandwagon that early seemed strange to me. Especially since the day had only just started getting serious. Funnier, at least, gave a reason for his vote (even if it was weak), but Kuro seemed to opportunistically jump on the moment a "decent" wagon had started brewing.

So you're saying if kuro is scum bok looks worse but if he's town bok looks better?

Could you give me your reasons one more time on why you're scum reading kuro I think I lost your train of thought.
I'm not desperate to have someone lynched, however I would prefer to have it that way. It's only day 1 so no one can have any ground breaking accusations or even suspicions, so with what I've got I simply happen to be just about equally suspicious of Kuro and you. I would be equally okay lynching either one. However, since I do want a lynch to go through today I'm staying on Kuro right now. I don't think there's anything strange about this. All I've done is share my thought process so far.

Maybe it is, but it's nothing I've picked up on. I don't necessarily see what it is that would make Bok particularly suspicious.

But didn't you say you were voting kuro mostly out of self pres and you weren't that suspicious of him? I looked through your ISO but the only thing I saw you scum reading me for was voting you, which doesn't really make sense unless you were against me starting a wagon altogether.

So could you tell me why your reasons for scum reading me and kuro and tell me what you would get out of our lynchs?
I don't know if I'm understanding what you're asking but funniers reasoning for voting Pendio feels pretty forced. Idk how to explain it but it feels to me like it could be two scumbuds trying to distance each other, I can re-read and try to get a better explanationif you want.

So is it too early or not? Because right now you just look like a hypocrite.

I said I don't think he's the best option. Also I think I've used the term "tunnel vision" quite a bit in previous games. Idk why exploring other options is bad

I already did. Also if I recall correctly Mez was the first one to try to get some serious discussion going. I wouldn't put it past scum mez but he gets a town read from me for now.

Sounds like to me that you're just upset that I voted for you but who knows.

So you think as scum I would, before the game, choose you as my target and plan to go after you? Someone who's town game I've said stands out quite a bit compared to their scum game or am I missing something here?

I might have more but i don't feel like megaposting again.

It's not, it feels like you're trying to avoid a lynch on one of the other two so you're trying to make me counter them, which is actually pretty smart if Pendio and kuro are w/t because by adding a third wagon it makes it harder to decipher than you just voting whichever one is town.

No not before the game, but as though it suddenly occurred to you that my reasoning isn't as strong as usual and maybe you could use that to your advantage and get me out of the way before I get myself together.

D

Deleted member 14134

It's not, it feels like you're trying to avoid a lynch on one of the other two so you're trying to make me counter them, which is actually pretty smart if Pendio and kuro are w/t because by adding a third wagon it makes it harder to decipher than you just voting whichever one is town.
People like to describe me as a cautious player (which I think is becoming increasingly less true the more games I play and if this game isn't evidence of that then idk what it lol). Anyways, my point is in my first game as mafia I don't think I'd do something so bold that would make me stand out and make me look questionable. I know that that's a **** argument and doesn't clear anything but I felt like saying it anyways. Also I will be here for EOD so if nothing comes of this wagon I will switch my vote to one of the other two players on the block that looks the most suspicious (which to me right now is Kuro).
No not before the game, but as though it suddenly occurred to you that my reasoning isn't as strong as usual and maybe you could use that to your advantage and get me out of the way before I get myself together.
That sounds reactive, not pre-planned and that is exactly what I did. I saw something I didn't like in your posts and I'm going after you because of it. I don't think there's anything pre-planned about that.

funnier6

Courage~
People like to describe me as a cautious player (which I think is becoming increasingly less true the more games I play and if this game isn't evidence of that then idk what it lol). Anyways, my point is in my first game as mafia I don't think I'd do something so bold that would make me stand out and make me look questionable. I know that that's a **** argument and doesn't clear anything but I felt like saying it anyways. Also I will be here for EOD so if nothing comes of this wagon I will switch my vote to one of the other two players on the block that looks the most suspicious (which to me right now is Kuro).

That sounds reactive, not pre-planned and that is exactly what I did. I saw something I didn't like in your posts and I'm going after you because of it. I don't think there's anything pre-planned about that.

I'm using pre planned in the sense that it felt like you were trying really hard to have evidence against me and came to your conclusion at an alarmingly fast rate, which to me looks like you decided to find me scummy instead of coming about it in a natural way, which is what I mean by pre planned. That also makes me pretty sure about my counter wagon idea, and why if one of them is scum you look bad.

Your reads are lacking the traditional bok reasoning so far, I like your argument but I'm not convinced.

What information would you get out of a me lynch or a kuro lynch?

Kuro

caw

5AMbLpu.png

Idk, I never can seem to get anything AI out of Pendio.

Anyway I'm trying to start a wagon for purposes of having a wagon, I never said I'd stay on him.
Agreeing with you = scum? well alright then, good to know.

Anyway, I guess that's fair enough. Makes sense to me.

Also I might as well remove my own RVS vote now.

Unvote

Also how is my voting over two hours later after you'd already been questioning funnier opportunistic?

@Bok of the Wild So if I understand correctly, your suspicions on me are from my comment to Mez and a sense of something being off that you haven't yet developed on, right?

D

Deleted member 14134

kuro - 3 (feenie, mellow, pendio)
pendio - 2 (funnier, kuro)
funnier - 1 (bok)
Mellow Ezlo - 1 (deku)

no lynch - 2 (lilac, music)

Not Voting - 4 (mido, karu, Minish, emiya)

@Jamie

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
No. It seems I should have been more clear, but I was specifically talking about the idea of reading into the kills in that post as well.

And yes, we don't know anything about how many kills to expect, so suggesting vig(s) should holster in order to read into the results was meaningless? The context was very specifically about that.

Could you clarify what you're saying here? I don't know why, but I'm just having a hard time understanding it.

You were the one to bring up reading into the kills. Which seemed to be a counter point to Mezlo saying that the vig should holster. Are you saying that was misinterpreted now?

Bok's reasoning for thinking Pendio is planting seeds about funnier looks to be the same as your reasoning for thinking Bok is planting seeds about Kuro. Pendio said he was suspicious of funnier and would vote him later if he needed to, but placed a vote somewhere else. Bok said he was suspicious of Kuro and would vote him if needed, but placed a vote somewhere else. It's seeming like the same scenario here.

It's usually a pretty safe bet to assume that when someone is the same as when they're town that they must be town, not fool proof naturally but I guess I don't see what the deal is about the holstering since that's not really something I worry about and something that's pretty normal for him to talk about.

Not exactly. Some people play the same either way. I think Mezlo is a good example of that and that's why it's so hard to get a read on him. But I don't think there's enough to go on from either game to say what Kuro's normal townie self is and if it's different than his scum play. The holstering thing isn't the main concern about him right now, though it did look like backtracking a bit.

Everyone seems to assume it had to be on someone inactive but it really didn't matter, I wanted to pick someone who was generally inactive because usually if you want to have a random wagon it's a better idea to pick someone inactive so as to pressure at the same time. I understand he isn't inactive this game but so far his actions don't seem towny at all.

I asked that question, because in the post I quoted you said "Because I was thinking I'd start a wagon on someone who isn't normally very active and you were the only one who fit." That seems to suggest that you specifically wanted to choose an inactive person.

It's different because I have no idea if he still wants the answer or not. I see he quoted the answer but I can't be sure he read and accepted it or whether he has a problem, thus it's a lot more helpful if he acknowledges the answer or deletes the question as he writes the post because otherwise it's confusing.

Fair enough, but I think you're going to run into that quite a lot. Like I said, people quote as they read through, and it's hard to go back and change all the quotes around and delete what's unnecessary and whatnot. I spent a bit of time doing that myself earlier, so it's usually just easier to post as is, and you can re-answer the question to refresh people's memory.

I sorta care because now I have a scum lean on Pendio so I'm okay staying on him and not switching.

Oh okay. Wasn't exactly sure what you meant by that, and your explanation didn't seem like what you were implying at the time.

It's rather a dumb reason but when me and music start agreeing it usually means he's town, I understand nobody else would think so. So far he hasn't done anything he wouldn't normally do, so as expected.

Music hasn't been scum yet (in recent games with us, I know he played some in the past) so I think it would be hard to say either way.

Btw Minish, have you thought about who you're going to vote?

I think we have a pretty interesting situation going on here, where different people have brought up three different pairs where there could be connections. So, it might be best to focus on those three pairs for today, as any of them could give us information due to the points brought up against them. I'd say out of those six people (you, Pendio, Bok, Kuro, Mezlo, and music) the ones that stand out to me the most out of each pair are Kuro, Mezlo, and then I can't really choose between you and Pendio.

I'm not quite sure what my read on Mez is. He's giving me some weird vibes this game, but I do agree with a lot that he has said.

Kuro would be a good option, since he/Bok have been brought up by multiple people so he could really give us some information. Plus I find that he's been a bit wishy-washy, and I don't really like voting just for the sake of bandwagoning.

You're not screaming town to me like you usually do when you're town, but I also don't get super scummy vibes either.

So I guess what I'm saying is, right now I'm leaning towards Kuro, but I'm just having a hard time trying to discern how I'm actually reading people.
And Pendio has been a little odd, but isn't looking too extremely different from his town play.

D

Deleted member 14134

I'm using pre planned in the sense that it felt like you were trying really hard to have evidence against me and came to your conclusion at an alarmingly fast rate, which to me looks like you decided to find me scummy instead of coming about it in a natural way, which is what I mean by pre planned. That also makes me pretty sure about my counter wagon idea, and why if one of them is scum you look bad.
Ok I suppose that makes sense, just didn't read that way to me at first.
Your reads are lacking the traditional bok reasoning so far, I like your argument but I'm not convinced.
Traditional Bok reasoning is boring. Traditional Bok reasoning makes everyone say "ok Bok is town yet again, lets give him some lego, put him in the corner and ignore his posts for the rest of the game" (see Korra book 3 mafia). Btw it would be very hypocritical of me to stick to you all game after preaching about tunnel vision if you started looking better. You still have lots of time to so my opinion about you can change but I don't think I've seen enough to convince me yet.
What information would you get out of a me lynch or a kuro lynch?
Karu would look good if Kuro flipped town, i feel like their interaction earlier wasn't w/w (I think you were the one to bring that up). If Pendio flipped scum I think I'd go after you for sure but not necessarily the other way around. That has to do more with his posting and I what I saw as seed planting (though it's apparently too early for me to suggest that. I'd still be pretty wary of Pendio if you flipped. I probably need to go back and look more at interactions and the wagons if I want to give you a better answer but right now I'm voting based on who looks the worst to me, not who I think will give us the most information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom