• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amalgamation of Anime Atrocities - Traps vs Girls Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
Nah, Johnny's game was C9++, which is a similar but quite different set up. JK9++ focuses on more unconventional roles, such as Hider and Commuter, or Gunsmith and Tracker in place of regular cops.

Sure they can, but why would they? I can see if we have a no lynch, but if we lynch someone, why would they have any reason to holster?

Also, would you prefer to have the vig kill someone and potentially end up with three kills during the first night after we lynch someone during the first day? That's a quarter of the players dead before the start of Day 2.

I disagree. Some of our best info comes from people's voting patterns and player flips. Plus there's what Kuro mentioned and having better odds for PRs. We know, given the setup, that there are several VTs in this game, and there could be multiples of almost any PR, so we're relatively safe to lynch anybody today.

Eh, I wouldn't call funnier's move a suspicious one necessarily. While I don't agree with his initial choice for a bandwagon, I don't see him trying to start one as a scummy move. It got us all talking, after all.

I know it's already been explained, but I quoted this last night and I'm too lazy to remove the quote so I'm just gonna answer it anyway. Wolf is the commonly accepted term for Mafia on most Mafia sites. We never really used to use it here until recently, but on places like Mafia Universe, they use the terms "Wolf" and "Villager" to refer to mafia and town. Not too sure about the history of this game, but I think those terms have been around for a long time.

Right now, I'm not too sure. There are three people who have only posted 4 times, but even still, 4 posts within 36 hours isn't too bad.
I questioned funnier over his vote on Pendio, but his explanation seemed fair, even if I disagree with it. I find it rather odd, though, that Kuro voted for Pendio too for the purpose of bandwagoning over anybody else who had posted less, when Kuro himself even said that it's not too early to start talking about [in]activity. Based on that, I actually might be Ok with a Kuro lynch, though I wouldn't be opposed to lynching one of the inactives.

He could ping you, but pinging does nothing if you want to pressure people. Votes mean more than just "let's lynch this person", votes can be made for the purpose of getting people talking and seeing how they act. Pendio didn't say you were scum, he was simply trying to get you to say something.

@Pendio did Lilac's response to your pressure vote satisfy you?

Anyway, all this having been said now, I'm going to go ahead and place a tentative vote.

Vote: Kuro

Like I said above, I don't find bandwagoning early to be inherently suspicious, but I find it weird how Kuro decided to go along with funnier's vote on Pendio, whilst at the same time disagreeing with the notion that it's too early to be talking about activity in this game. Considering Pendio was (and still is) more active than a lot of other players, what made him a better target? If you still think inactivity is noteworthy this early in the game, then why didn't you vote for one of the people who actually haven't posted a lot? Even before the votes on Pendio began, he was already more active than last game, so I can't say I'm a fan of that bandwagon.

Ohh, now I see what you're saying. I'd like to hear what he has to say about that too.

Pen

The game is on!
Actually Pendio is pinging me a little, idk if he was planning to be more active or if it was because of my vote but the increase in activity is not what I was expecting, especially since the day is barely half over.

You're suspicious of me because I've been playing more actively? Is that what you're saying right here? I thought you of all people would encourage activity increase. Mafia games for me come in spurts of sorts. I suppose I'm in a more active period currently. Those who have played with me in the past will know I've been playing active games before.

Plus his vote on kuro just a little bit after Mez looks like opportunistically trying to start a counter wagon.

That is partially what it is. I'm not denying that. I don't want to die on day 1. I wanna have fun with this game. However, it is also a genuine vote with reasons solid enough for day 1. I found myself agreeing with Mezlo and then I added my own two cents on the matter. I think my action is well justified.

funnier6

Courage~
You're suspicious of me because I've been playing more actively? Is that what you're saying right here? I thought you of all people would encourage activity increase. Mafia games for me come in spurts of sorts. I suppose I'm in a more active period currently. Those who have played with me in the past will know I've been playing active games before.

That is partially what it is. I'm not denying that. I don't want to die on day 1. I wanna have fun with this game. However, it is also a genuine vote with reasons solid enough for day 1. I found myself agreeing with Mezlo and then I added my own two cents on the matter. I think my action is well justified.

It's not that you see, it's that I have a little idea of how I expect everyone to play and when they start doing things differently than before it pings me. It's something worth noting anyway.

I figured you'd say that, but self preservation this early is pretty unnecessary.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Actually Pendio is pinging me a little, idk if he was planning to be more active or if it was because of my vote but the increase in activity is not what I was expecting, especially since the day is barely half over.

Plus his vote on kuro just a little bit after Mez looks like opportunistically trying to start a counter wagon.

I have a few town leans too.
What are you talking about? Pendio was never inactive in this game to begin with, as I've been saying this entire time. Even when you voted for him, he's already been more active than the previous game. Also remember that he lives in a different time zone, so when you were pressuring him yesterday it would've been during his nighttime.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
It's not that you see, it's that I have a little idea of how I expect everyone to play and when they start doing things differently than before it pings me. It's something worth noting anyway.

I figured you'd say that, but self preservation this early is pretty unnecessary.
To be fair, you've only played 5 games with us. Pendio has been known to be quite an active player in the past.

funnier6

Courage~
What are you talking about? Pendio was never inactive in this game to begin with, as I've been saying this entire time. Even when you voted for him, he's already been more active than the previous game. Also remember that he lives in a different time zone, so when you were pressuring him yesterday it would've been during his nighttime.

I didn't really count that since pretty much anyone can be active for RVS if they want to look active.

Does this explain it?

funnier6

Courage~
To be fair, you've only played 5 games with us. Pendio has been known to be quite an active player in the past.

And if he flips town I'll know if it's AI. But for the sake of this game I'm going to use anything and everything that strikes me as strange to help me read people.

Since you've been defending him, I assume you find him towny?

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I personaly feel that a mis lynch day one would hurt us more then in something big like delta because there is less room to miss lynch.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
And if he flips town I'll know if it's AI. But for the sake of this game I'm going to use anything and everything that strikes me as strange to help me read people.

Since you've been defending him, I assume you find him towny?
I'm not defending him, I just find your reasoning to be a bit thin. If anything, I agree with your point about his Kuro vote looking a bit opportunistic (much like Kuro's vote also does), but it's not enough for me to define him either way.

funnier6

Courage~
I'm not defending him, I just find your reasoning to be a bit thin. If anything, I agree with your point about his Kuro vote looking a bit opportunistic (much like Kuro's vote also does), but it's not enough for me to define him either way.

So it's just my reasoning then, in my defense it isn't exactly a strong scum lean, out of everyone he's the only one who feels strange so far.(Which is not why I'm voting him obviously but he's not making me want to change to someone else)

@DekuNut do you still hate day one?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
So it's just my reasoning then, in my defense it isn't exactly a strong scum lean, out of everyone he's the only one who feels strange so far.(Which is not why I'm voting him obviously but he's not making me want to change to someone else)

@DekuNut do you still hate day one?
ffs everyone misiniterpreted what I said last game
I never hated Day One, sheesh. I just had no plans for that day period and was planning on sitting back until such a time as something came up. And then I got super behind.
I'm still a little behind today, but not nearly as behind as I was. Gonna catch up sometime today.

Kuro

caw
Sure they can, but why would they? I can see if we have a no lynch, but if we lynch someone, why would they have any reason to holster?

Also, would you prefer to have the vig kill someone and potentially end up with three kills during the first night after we lynch someone during the first day? That's a quarter of the players dead before the start of Day 2.

Because the point of holstering is to mislead town reading into the number of kills?

And honestly, nah. I'd rather no vig shot n1 because it's likely there are multiple vigs, and that can mean 4 or more deaths if they all fire. Like I said, my specific point was not to plan to read into the number of kills like you suggested because scum can holster.

Like I said above, I don't find bandwagoning early to be inherently suspicious, but I find it weird how Kuro decided to go along with funnier's vote on Pendio, whilst at the same time disagreeing with the notion that it's too early to be talking about activity in this game. Considering Pendio was (and still is) more active than a lot of other players, what made him a better target? If you still think inactivity is noteworthy this early in the game, then why didn't you vote for one of the people who actually haven't posted a lot? Even before the votes on Pendio began, he was already more active than last game, so I can't say I'm a fan of that bandwagon.

@Kuro why did you jump onto the Mendio bandwagon? Do you find him suspicious in any way or were you just doing because why not?

I do agree with this. It's also somewhat strange (at least to me) that Kuro joined that wagon on me with a pretty serious tone, yet he has barely talked about it since and he has yet to provide any evidence of his own against me. It seems to me like this could be a Mafioso trying to get an easy lynch down by joining a wagon that a Townie started on another Townie. So for now...

So far kuro seems much the same as last game so I'm only suspicious if his votes continue being strange.

I agree with Bok that we want a lynch, and with funnier that we might as well start making wagons. Vote: Pendio
Where is it unclear that I'm voting specifically to build a wagon? Even you, funnier? It had nothing to do with any "reasons" to vote Pendio besides agreeing with funnier's call for any wagon and helping him along.

funnier6

Courage~
ffs everyone misiniterpreted what I said last game
I never hated Day One, sheesh. I just had no plans for that day period and was planning on sitting back until such a time as something came up. And then I got super behind.
I'm still a little behind today, but not nearly as behind as I was. Gonna catch up sometime today.

Sorry, I guess I should've worded that differently. :sweat:
Because the point of holstering is to mislead town reading into the number of kills?

And honestly, nah. I'd rather no vig shot n1 because it's likely there are multiple vigs, and that can mean 4 or more deaths if they all fire. Like I said, my specific point was not to plan to read into the number of kills like you suggested because scum can holster.

Where is it unclear that I'm voting specifically to build a wagon? Even you, funnier? It had nothing to do with any "reasons" to vote Pendio besides agreeing with funnier's call for any wagon and helping him along.

Well you did rather contradict yourself in doing so, buuut mkay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom