• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Adult Link Temple Order

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
Technically, you could be complicated and go all out of order, but this is the nice, normal, simple way to do it:

Forest
Fire
Ice Cavern
Water
Bottom of the Well
Shadow
Spirit

That's prettymuch the way that the game maker's intended, and it's the simplest.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
@Hommie

That's what I meant by Complete :P

Although if we did a speed run, we could just skip that. It did not matter. I skipped that in order to get the MQ quest really fast when I played.
And I usually gather all available Skulltulas before I leave a temple, just to ease things up a bit.

Ah okay. So this is what I've gathered... Again, assuming once you enter a Temple you beat the whole thing. (Not counting the Well and the Ice Cavern)

--Forest MUST be done before Water and Shadow Temple
--Fire MUST be done before Shadow Temple
--Water MUST be done before Shadow Temple

Question: Can you do the Spirit Temple before the Water Temple? [Do you need the Longshot?]
Question: Do you need the Bow and Arrow to do the Spirit Temple???
Question: Based on the above... Can you do the Spirit Temple first?

Basically...
You could do Fire before Forest
You could do Water before Fire
You could do Spirit before Fire
You could do Spirit before Shadow

Forest has to be either #1 or #2
Shadow has to be #4 or #5
Fire can be #1,2,3,4
Water can be #2,3,4?
Spirit can be #?????

Technically all you need is the Bow and Arrow. It's like grabbing it and getting the heck out of it,

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Okay, here is the most screwed up order I can think of that would be possible to do.

1. Ice Cavern (for Iron Boots)
2. Forest Temple (to get the Bow and to be able to get the Song of Storms)
Go back in time to get the Song of Storms.
3. Bottom of the Well (Lens of Truth and Bombchus)
4. Water Temple
5. Shadow Temple (via glitching-requires Bombchus)
6. Fire Temple (for Megaton Hammer which is required in Spirit Temple-I think)
7. Spirit Temple (other necessities that are needed in Ganon's Castle)
8. Ganon's Castle (which has to go last, of course)
9. End of game! YAYNESS!!

If I am wrong at any point, feel free to correct me.

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
Question: Can you do the Spirit Temple before the Water Temple? [Do you need the Longshot?]

Basically...

Fire can be #1,2,3,4
Water can be #2,3,4?
Spirit can be #?????

1'st question, that depends if you can use the hookshot to get to the treasure chest with the small key that falls on the statues hand. I'm not sure you can do that, you might be able to if you go to the opposite side of the room.

2'nd and 3'rd question, yes, there's a room with falling doors and one of them has a eye switch that requires the bow and arrow. It gets you the Big Key so you can't do spirit before Forest.

Spirit can be #2-#5

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Wait, I'm confused still. So... do you need the Bow and Arrow for the Spirit Temple (or anything leading up to the Spirit Temple)?

AH: Just read last post. Thanks

So we know for sure... Forest MUST be before Spirit.

Now... can we beat Spirit without the Longshot? Can it go... Forest - Spirit?

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
Wait, I'm confused still. So... do you need the Bow and Arrow for the Spirit Temple (or anything leading up to the Spirit Temple)?

AH: Just read last post. Thanks

1'st question, that depends if you can use the hookshot to get to the treasure chest with the small key that falls on the statues hand. I'm not sure you can do that, you might be able to if you go to the opposite side of the room.

2'nd and 3'rd question, yes, there's a room with falling doors and one of them has a eye switch that requires the bow and arrow. It gets you the Big Key so you can't do spirit before Forest.

Spirit can be #2-#5
This was just taken from my previous post.

David

But you called me here...
Ah okay. So this is what I've gathered... Again, assuming once you enter a Temple you beat the whole thing. (Not counting the Well and the Ice Cavern)

--Forest MUST be done before Water and Shadow Temple
--Fire MUST be done before Shadow Temple
--Water MUST be done before Shadow Temple

Basically...

Fire can be #1,2,3,4
Water can be #2,3,4?
Spirit can be #?????

1st Bolded Part: I'm pretty certain that you do not need the Longshot to complete the Spirit Temple. It is helpful to help skip some climbing, but I think that the Hookshot can do just about everything. Oh wait! I just remembered! I think that you do need the Longshot to get to the boss room. You come down on a platform looking thing and the door is straight ahead. But, I haven't really played with just the Hookshot. But, now that I think about it, it might just be close enough to reach with the Hookshot.

2nd Bolded Part: Yes, you do. There are some eye switches that need to be hit with arrows. Especially to get the boss key.

3rd Bolded Part: There are some eye switches in the Fire Temple as well. Especially for the Dungeon Map.

Also, do we need the Longshot for the Gerudo Fortress?

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
1st Bolded Part: I'm pretty certain that you do not need the Longshot to complete the Spirit Temple. It is helpful to help skip some climbing, but I think that the Hookshot can do just about everything. Oh wait! I just remembered! I think that you do need the Longshot to get to the boss room. You come down on a platform looking thing and the door is straight ahead. But, I haven't really played with just the Hookshot. But, now that I think about it, it might just be close enough to reach with the Hookshot.

2nd Bolded Part: Yes, you do. There are some eye switches that need to be hit with arrows. Especially to get the boss key.

3rd Bolded Part: There are some eye switches in the Fire Temple as well. Especially for the Dungeon Map.

The Spirit Temple really needs the LongShot, and Din's Fire or Fire Arrows. Not to Mention Bombchus. And yeah you practically said everything we said in a nutshell :D

David

But you called me here...
The Spirit Temple really needs the LongShot, and Din's Fire or Fire Arrows. Not to Mention Bombchus. And yeah you practically said everything we said in a nutshell :D

Well, everybody was ninja'ing me while I CONFIRMED the truth of those answers. (Hooray for crtl+f and the ZD walkthroughs)

Is this discussion including glitches? If not, isn't it pointless to ask if you need the longshot in the actual spirit temple, since you already need it to cross the quicksand after gerudo fortress?

Last edited:

Fierce

Deity Link
Here is my simple list of pre-requites for each Adult dungeon: (Taken from the Non-glitch section of my OOT Sequence Guide)

Forest Temple
- Hookshot

Required dungeons beaten: None

Fire Temple
- Hookshot
- Goron Tunic

Required dungeons beaten: None
(Without Bow: Must obtain map by jumping of the side of the cage/ shooting grey eye with hookshot )

Ice Cavern
- None

Required dungeons Beaten: None

Water Temple
- Hookshot
- Bow
>> From Forest Temple (Room with the hole and 3 Stalfos between two Ghost fights)
>>For the second water level yellow eye switch
-Iron Boots/ Zora Tunic
>>From Ice Cavern

Required dungeons beaten: Ice Cavern

Spirit Temple
- Long Shot
>> To cross the quicksand gap
>> From Water Temple
- Hover Boots
>> Boulder Room requires them
>> From Shadow Temple- In the first section of the temple (Rooms with many skulls and ghostly messages)

(Eye of Truth IS optional, you just need to memorize the path across the desert)
- Pedestal of Time Access
>> Forest Temple Beaten
- Megaton Hammer (For a Rusty Switch)
>> Fire Temple (First Mini-boss battle)

Required dungeons beaten: Forest, Fire, Water, Ice Cavern
- You need the same pre-requistites to unlock the shadow temple to unlock the Hover Boots

Shadow Temple
- Nocturne of Shadow learned
>>Requires Forest, Fire, and Water temples beaten to get the cut-scene
- Requires Din's Fire OR Fire Arrows + Green Potions / Double Magic Bar
- Requires Eye of Truth
>> In order to hit Bongo Bongo Boss
>> Gotten in "Bottom of The Well" dungeon

Required dungeons: Forest, Fire, and Water temples, Ice Cavern, Bottom of The Well

So there you have it. This is the Basic Temple path...

Temple of Light+ Hookshot
- Forest
- Fire
- Water (Bow, Iron Boots)

= After above are beaten=
- Shadow (Lens of Truth)
- Spirit (Hover Boots)

No, you cannot do Spirit before Fire. You just can't.

Master Quest order is exactly the same, except the dungeons require bombchus, the mountain fairy (for Spin attack) and ALL prior weapons. It is highly unrecommended to break sequence in Master Quest because you'll take ALOT of time up doing so, without much point. But be my guest.

M

Mrwarfishy

yes you do need the longshot to get across the quicksand for the spirit temple( you could always just get the longshot and leave) my question is do you even need the tunics to complete the game. in the fire temple only when you teleport and some rooms across hyrule are the only times when you need it. and in the water temple you could always go fast to avoid drowning

i though there were some eye switches in the fire temple, and you have to beat the forest first. am i wrong? i really dont remember

o and spirit temple can be 3, 4, or 5. you need the bow to get to the water temple and you need the longshot to get to the spirit temple so its possible the spirit temple could actually be third. and it can obviously be 4 or 5

possible combinations.forest, fire, water, spirit, shadow.---------forest, fire, water, shadow, spirit-------------forest, water, fire, spirit, shadow----------forest, water, fire, shadow, spirit.------------forest, water, spirit, fire, shadow---------fire, forest, water, shadow, spirit,----------fire forest water spirit shadow---------fire forest water shadow spirit. im pretty sure these are all the combinations.

Ryuyasha

Dragon Demon
I do it in this Order

Forest Temple
Fire Temple
Ice Cavern
Water Temple
Bottom Of The Well
Shadow Temple
Spirit Temple

Some people say that the Shadow Temple is the last one you need to do but it is actually the Spirit Temple.
You need the Lens of Truth to see the Poe that guides you through the Haunted Wasteland.
The Shadow Temple doesn't require you to push one of those Huge Blocks you needed the Silver Gauntlets for in the Spirit Temple.
Finally the Spirit Temple is isolated from almost everywhere in the game. You always do the isolated area last (Top of a mountain anyone).

M

Mrwarfishy

thats true you need the lens of truth to get to spirit temple which is exactly why its before the spirit temple. and you get the item you need for the dungeon right before the dungeon. i think when they made you go in the well this was a preview of the shadow temple- to give you a sneak peak. so i think spirit is before shadow(and shadow makes for sense because its dark and evil which for most games is last level).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom