• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Adult Link Temple Order

You don't need the lens of truth, you can remember the way and walk it without the poe.
However, you need the hover boots in the spirit temple, so unless you count getting the item and leaving, you need to do shadow before spirit.
You also need the hammer for the rusty switch that makes the small key chest appear in the main room.

M

Mrwarfishy

you do NOT need the hover boots for the spirit temple. all my playthroughs of the game i did the spirit before shadow

Forest has to be either #1 or #2
Shadow has to be #4 or #5
Fire can be #1,2,3,4
Water can be #2,3,4?
Spirit can be #?????[/QUOTE]

is it possible the spirit could be third. i dont think you need the bow for the fire or water temple. im pretty sure thats just for dungeon maps and compasses. and you need the longshot for the spirit. and i dont think spirit needs a bow either, so you could do it fire, water, spirit, forest, shadow

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
You need the bow in the Water Temple for a key. I do Forest, Fire, Water, Shadow, Spirit.

you do NOT need the hover boots for the spirit temple. all my playthroughs of the game i did the spirit before shadow

Forest has to be either #1 or #2
Shadow has to be #4 or #5
Fire can be #1,2,3,4
Water can be #2,3,4?
Spirit can be #?????

is it possible the spirit could be third. i dont think you need the bow for the fire or water temple. im pretty sure thats just for dungeon maps and compasses. and you need the longshot for the spirit. and i dont think spirit needs a bow either, so you could do it fire, water, spirit, forest, shadow

How do you get the silver rupee floating in midair in the room with the rolling boulders without hover boots and without glitches?
Also, there's an eye switch in the room with the trap doors, you need the bow.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
How do you get the silver rupee floating in midair in the room with the rolling boulders without hover boots and without glitches?
Also, there's an eye switch in the room with the trap doors, you need the bow.
You can make just by rolling off the ledge and doing a Jump attack.

The order I do the Temples is

#1 Forest, #2 Water, #3 Spirit, #4 Fire, #5 Shadow.

I do the Temples in this order:

1. Fire Temple (without getting the bow and arrow)
2. Gets Bow and Arrow from Forest Temple and leaves
3. Water Temple
4. Conpletes Forest Temple
5. Spirit Temple
6. Shadow Temple

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I'm trying to remember other orders for the temples. If you get the bow in the Forest Temple then you can leave, do all the other temples (excluding Shadow) then go back and finish the Forest Temple so you can complete the Shadow Temple. (This is because, I believe, you need to finish the Forest, Fire and Water Temples to activate the Nocturne of Shadow cutscene in Kakariko.)

You need the Megaton hammer for the Spirit, Water and Fire Temple.

Ice Cavern is required to enter the Water Temple and to complete Shadow Temple. (You need the iron boots for the fans in the Shadow Temple.)

The Longshot (I believe) is required in the Water and Spirit Temple. Otherwise the Hookshot will serve you just as well.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

M

Mrwarfishy

your thinking of the minigame where you get the ice arrows i think. you definitely do NOT need the hover boots i do it without them every time

MW7

OOT 3D Potential Dungeon Orders (W/out Glitches or entering dungeons just for items)
1. Navi/Sheik Order: Forest, Fire, Water, Shadow, Spirit
2. Interface Order: Forest, Fire, Water, Spirit, Shadow
3-4. Fire First: Fire, Forest, Water, Shadow/Spirit
5-6. Fire/Water switched: Forest, Water, Fire, Shadow/Spirit
7. Megaton Hammer Useless: Forest, Water, Spirit, Fire, Shadow
Notes:
Forest must be before Water and Spirit
Shadow cannot be entered without Forest, Fire, Water completed
Spirit requires Prelude of Light (Forest complete so you can go back in time for child Spirit) and Longshot or Hover Boots (Water complete either way)

Despite this, in the original game Spirit could be finished 2nd after Forest because you could walk backwards across the river of sand. The actual temple doesn't require the longshot, but in OOT 3D the longshot is need to reach the temple because they prevent you from backwalking across the sand (in my brief experience yesterday trying to do this). Also in the original game Water could be finished without the bow and hence first because of the high grab (although some may consider it a glitch) which I believe was removed in the 3DS version (I tried 10 times and failed). You can however complete up to the longshot without the bow, which would enable you to obtain the requiem of spirit prior to entering the forest temple. So Spirit could be 2nd but not without beating the Forest temple and entering the Water temple.
So in OOT 3D Spirit can be 3-5 if you don't want to enter the Water temple to obtain the longshot and leave.

Last edited:

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
your thinking of the minigame where you get the ice arrows i think. you definitely do NOT need the hover boots i do it without them every time
Um... I clearly said Iron Boots for the Shadow and Water Temple...

Just as an F.Y.I. if you meant to type Iron Boots, Mrwarfishy, You DO need the Iron boots because the Nocturne of Shadow cutscene is triggered after the Water Temple. Because you need to complete the Ice Cavern to enter/complete the water temple, they're required.

M

Mrwarfishy

Um... I clearly said Iron Boots for the Shadow and Water Temple...

Just as an F.Y.I. if you meant to type Iron Boots, Mrwarfishy, You DO need the Iron boots because the Nocturne of Shadow cutscene is triggered after the Water Temple. Because you need to complete the Ice Cavern to enter/complete the water temple, they're required.
what are you talking about i told that guy you dont need the hover boots for the spirit tremple

MW7

yes you do need the longshot to get across the quicksand for the spirit temple( you could always just get the longshot and leave) my question is do you even need the tunics to complete the game. in the fire temple only when you teleport and some rooms across hyrule are the only times when you need it. and in the water temple you could always go fast to avoid drowning

i though there were some eye switches in the fire temple, and you have to beat the forest first. am i wrong? i really dont remember

o and spirit temple can be 3, 4, or 5. you need the bow to get to the water temple and you need the longshot to get to the spirit temple so its possible the spirit temple could actually be third. and it can obviously be 4 or 5

possible combinations.forest, fire, water, spirit, shadow.---------forest, fire, water, shadow, spirit-------------forest, water, fire, spirit, shadow----------forest, water, fire, shadow, spirit.------------forest, water, spirit, fire, shadow---------fire, forest, water, shadow, spirit,----------fire forest water spirit shadow---------fire forest water shadow spirit. im pretty sure these are all the combinations.

I know for certain that the zora tunic is entirely skippable/optional. I generally warp straight from the iron boots room to the Water temple and bypass it. Since your time under water or in death mountain/ in a hot place is 8* amount of hearts (i.e. if you have 5.5 of 6 heart containers full of health you get 44 seconds) you have plenty of time to do all the underwater parts of the Water temple with at least 8 heart containers or so. As for the Goron tunic I personally beat OOT 3D's regular quest without equipping it. I did acquire it because I didn't try to see if you could get to the Fire temple from the top entrance of death mountain into the crater but it could be possible. I think you can also carry bottled fairies to increase your time you can stay under adverse conditions, but I did the Fire temple with 18 heart containers since you can do Spirit before it. The only scary part is Volvagia but he's beatable in about a minute so the Goron tunic is unnecessary.
Also I came up with the same orders (no glitches or entering dungeons for items) you did, but you double counted fire forest water shadow spirit so there are 7 possible.

I just realized Mases wanted to include the Ice Cavern and Bottom of the Well in the discussion as well. The Ice Cavern must be done before the Water Temple but can be done as soon as you become adult link, and the Bottom of the Well can be done anytime after the Forest Temple but to add to the complexity of the issue it doesn't actually have to be completed or even entered since the lens of truth is optional. So adding the ice cavern to my 7 orders a few posts up creates 18 orders including the ice cavern but not the bottom of the well.
For Example: IC, For, Fir, Wat, Sha, Spi ; For, IC, Fir, Wat, Sha, Spi ; For, Fir, IC, Wat, Sha, Spi .... etc. So when there are 2 dungeons before water that creates 3 orders and only 2 orders are created when only forest precedes water for a total of 18.

Adding in the Bottom of the Well: there are 5 spots to do it after forest when forest is first (which is in 5 of the 7 orders) and 4 spots to it after forest when forest is second (other two).
5X5=25
2X4=8
=33
That leaves us with 18+33=51, but we also have to account for when the two minidungeons are completed in the same place between temples which creates another order
Example: For, Fir, IC, BotW, Wat, Sha, Spi OR For, Fir, BotW, IC, Wat, Sha, Spi
Doing this creates 9 more possible orders.
So without glitches or entering dungeons to gain the item and leave, OOT 3D can be completed in 60 different orders.

On a related note, if you want to consider the ability to grab a dungeon item and leave (like grabbing the bow then doing the Water temple first) in this discussion, there are 18 base temple orders (the only temple rules are Forest before Spirit and Forest, Fire, Water before Shadow). Adding the 2 minidungeons creates 137 orders, and considering grabbing bombs to do Jabu Jabu as the 2nd child link dungeon creates 274 orders without glitches. But with all the math I did, I'm probably mistaken.

Last edited:

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Spirit requires Prelude of Light (Forest complete so you can go back in time for child Spirit) and Longshot or Hover Boots (Water complete either way)

Why does the Spirit Temple require the Prelude of Light? Say you beat the Ice Cavern and Forest Temple... Instead of using the Prelude of Light to warp to the Temple of Time... can you just use the Serenade of Water to warp to Lake Hylia and then travel to the Temple of Time on foot/horse?

That doesn't matter since... you still need the Bow to beat the Water Temple... unless you do that glitch you referred to. So WITH that glitch you can do Water > Spirit > Forest/Fire > Shadow.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Why does the Spirit Temple require the Prelude of Light? Say you beat the Ice Cavern and Forest Temple... Instead of using the Prelude of Light to warp to the Temple of Time... can you just use the Serenade of Water to warp to Lake Hylia and then travel to the Temple of Time on foot/horse?

That doesn't matter since... you still need the Bow to beat the Water Temple... unless you do that glitch you referred to. So WITH that glitch you can do Water > Spirit > Forest/Fire > Shadow.
Sheik won't let you go back in time until you complete the Forest Temple.

MW7

^What Locke said about the prelude of light. Glitches let you complete child Spirit before becoming an adult (at least in the original game, I have no idea about OOT 3D and I'm not too knowledgeable about glitches anyway) but you do need the bow to get the boss key in adult Spirit so Forest must always be at least entered for the bow before Spirit can be completed.

The high grab glitch in the water temple does allow you to beat water without the bow, but I'm fairly sure they removed the high grab in OOT 3D. However, I do believe that the order you suggested is impossible without at least entering the forest temple for the bow since the bow is needed for the boss key in the Spirit Temple. Also without glitches Forest always must be completed before the Spirit Temple because you have to go back in time for child Spirit.

Without glitches or entering dungeons for the item and leaving, the craziest temple order is Forest, Water, Spirit, Fire, Shadow which isn't all that crazy. Removing the restriction of entering dungeons for the item and leaving lets you get much more creative since the only rules are then Forest before Spirit and Forest, Fire, Water before Spirit. Because of this Water, Forest, Spirit/Fire, Shadow is possible without glitches as is Forest, Spirit, Water/Fire, Shadow or even Water, Fire, Forest, Spirit/Shadow.

By the way I'm loving this discussion since nonlinearity is one of my favorite aspects of the earlier Zelda games.

my question is do you even need the tunics to complete the game. in the fire temple only when you teleport and some rooms across hyrule are the only times when you need it. and in the water temple you could always go fast to avoid drowning

I just checked on the N64 version of the game and there is a way to skip the goron tunic and I'm pretty sure this applies to the Bolero of Fire as well. If you turn right upon entering Death Mountain from the peak entrance, there is a wooden bridge. On the other side is a ledge with a bombable wall with a sheikah stone inside. From this ledge you can jump onto a small platform surrounded by lava by jumping and jumpslashing near the bottom of your fall. You just need the scarecrow's song and the hookshot (I had the longshot but I think the hookshot would work) from there to get to the fire temple. This means that you can beat the game without getting the goron tunic, and as mentioned before the zora tunic is optional as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom