• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread A Very Tasty Vanilla Flavoured Mafia Game (yumyum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
Honestly I don't think I tend to post walls of text when I play Mafia. The times when it happens is usually when I've been slacking off and/or been busy, so I naturally have a lot to respond to and give my view on. In Delta I was majorly inactive, which was why the few posts that I made happened to be quite lengthy.

When I'm Town I'm never super sure of anything unless I have really good reason for it. That's just how I play. Those who have played a lot with me will know this. Different players have different play styles. For example I know you're much more direct in your Town play than I am, funnier. And you tend to seem more sure of what you think. That's how I've perceived your play as Town in the past, and it's what I'm starting to see from you in this game as well. Because of this you're LEANING anti-scum in my book, but I still think there's a decent possibility of you being Mafia despite that, because as long as I can't be 100% sure I don't rule anything out. So yeah, that's how I've pretty much always played. I don't think any play style or meta is better than another. In fact I think they only complement each other, so all are needed and useful in achieving victory. Both the direct players like you and the more cautious players like myself.

Fair enough. I see what you mean, but your method is not one that I could ever use myself due to what I explained above.

I do agree with all of this quote. I feel like we've been keeping our focus very narrow today seeing as basically only the active players are being voted for. I would really like to see some good activity from everyone.

Not sure if this was directed at me or at Doc, but I'll respond to it anyway. To me YIGAhim is on the top of my list followed closely by All Might. I've already stated why previously in this day phase. As for other scum leans, I guess Stormageden but it's very vague and isn't really rooted in much besides his sort of cheap accusations.

Why am I confusing to you? D:
I can’t really risk my reads being too accurate at this point so you might see why I’m trying to leave it to other people.

You are a quite confusing person to read so. :P

Unvote

Vote: Yiga

Im sorry if you’re town Yiga. :(

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I can’t really risk my reads being too accurate at this point so you might see why I’m trying to leave it to other people.

You are a quite confusing person to read so. :P

Unvote

Vote: Yiga

Im sorry if you’re town Yiga. :(
Was this before the hour changed? All it says is 6 minutes ago but idk if I should count it or not

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
~Final Vote Tally Day 2~

funnier6 (2) - Stormageden747, All Might
YIGAhim (3) - Pendio, Doc, funnier6
Pendio (1) - Minish_Link

Not Voting - Zachie, YIGAhim

With 8 players alive, 5 votes are required for a majority lynch. Otherwise, Day 2 will end Wednesday, December 06, 3PM MST (Countdown timer)

Things were looking up today. Mellow Ezlo's clones had been doing some good scumhunting, and thought they had some good leads. "In your face!" Mellow Ezlo said to funnier6. "We're gonna take you out right here, right now!"

Confident that it was the right choice, the group decided that YIGAhim would be the one to bite the bullet today.

"WRONG AGAIN!!!" yelled funnier6 ecstatically. "Mwahahahaha! You and your pathetic team don't stand a chance against me. You're doing nothing but embarrassing yourself. Might as well call it quits now, I'm just going to win tomorrow anyway."

"hmph" Mellow Ezlo grunted. "You seem awfully confident, but don't forget, I have some of the best analytical skills in the nation. There may only be four of me left, but there are still only two of you, and they're both going to die a slow, horrible, painful death. Mark my words. This is NOT over."

"ooh, I'm so scared" funnier6 said mockingly. "Whatever, just try and beat me. Just try. I dare you." And at those words, funnier6 spread some gasoline over YIGAhim's body, and dropped a lit match on it. Mellow Ezlo could do nothing but watch him burn.

YIGAhim was a Townie.

Night 2 Begins

The mafia will have until 3PM MST tomorrow to send in their kill (Countdown timer).

The Living (7)
The Dead (3)
  • Krow - Townie (Lynched and cannibalized Day 1)
  • Ayano Keiko - Townie (Brutally tortured and stabbed 67 times Night 1)
  • YIGAhim - Townie (Lynched and inhumanely cremated Day 2)

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
This night was a very interesting one. The events of which may be a little bit confusing, but just try to follow along, surely it will all make sense in the end!

Mellow Ezlo had woken up bright and early, expecting to see one of his clones dead on the battlefield. But to his surprise, that wasn't the case. No, what was even more shocking was that the one he found dead was named funnier6. But he wasn't one of the funnier6's, no, he was the funnier6. At least according his nametag.

But here's the thing. He wasn't even the evil funnier6. He was just named funnier6. The actual funnier6 met up with Mellow Ezlo on the battlefield, and examined the strange specimen that appeared to have stolen his name. It wasn't one of his, and it definitely wasn't one of Mellow Ezlo's. So who/what was it?

Suddenly, the creature weakly stirred, and quietly said "I... am... here..." before it passed away completely.

funnier6 screamed excitedly. "HA!" he shouted. "My next biggest rival has been defeated! But what was he even doing in here? And HOW DARE HE STEAL MY NAME??? But he's dead. Dead Dead DEAD!!! Mwuhahahaha, this isn't a blow on your end, but it only brings me one step closer to winning! You will have no chance today if you don't choose wisely. This war is MINE!"

"hmph" Mellow Ezlo groaned. "Don't get too excited there, bub. You said it yourself. I had no use for this creature. He was evidently completely neutral in this fight. He was fighting for himself, and would have gladly taken a victory with either side. It does not bring you one step closer to winning. I will prevail today. Just you wait. You didn't even hit me last night. You, my friend, are going down!"

"Just try to beat me" funnier6 said threateningly. "You're awfully confident, but let's face it. You're bound to die at one point. Look who you are. How often do you actually survive to the end of the game?"

"hahaha" Mellow Ezlo laughed. "That is an awfully rich statement coming from you. Surely, I survive in more games than yourself. I rarely even get lynched. Try again."

"heh, you think you're real funny" said funnier6. "But after today, you will never again question me in these games. You will see for yourself. You are never getting townread ever again."

"Ooh, I'm so scared!" Mellow Ezlo exclaimed sarcastically. "You're finished. Might as well start writing your will right now. You. Are. Done." And with these words, Mellow Ezlo just turned around, and walked away. funnier6 stood there, angrily but quietly uttering death threats that typing here would ultimately get me banned.

funnier6 (the fake funnier6) was All Might, the Independent Survivor.

Day 3 Begins

With 6 players alive, 4 votes are required for a majority lynch. Otherwise, Day 3 will end Saturday, December 09, 3PM MST (Countdown timer)

The Living (6)
The Dead (4)
  • Krow - Townie (Lynched and cannibalized Day 1)
  • Ayano Keiko - Townie (Brutally tortured and stabbed 67 times Night 1)
  • YIGAhim - Townie (Lynched and inhumanely cremated Day 2)
  • funnier6 - Survivor (Treacherously killed by funnier6 Night 2)

NOTE: This is MYLO, which means lynching a townie will result in an automatic mafia victory.

Pen

The game is on!
Well damn. The one person I had an anti-scum lean on... Though I suppose it's not that surprising. His Survivor soft claim yesterday did seem pretty legit, so with that in mind I suppose he was the most "confirmed" anti-scum out of us all, so naturally the Mafia would have wanted him out.

Anyway, I didn't even realize until the lynch scene was posted that we cannot lynch another Townie today. If we do that we lose the game to the Mafia. However, we can chose to not lynch anyone today, then let the Mafia off one of us tonight, and then we can still play tomorrow. I'm not sure if that strategy is ultimately better though, but I'm pointing it out so we can all discuss it. If we don't lynch anyone today and leave it until tomorrow instead we'll technically have a better chance of finding the scum since there will be 2 Mafia amongst 5 players instead of 6 players as there are today. However, the discussion tomorrow might suffer from it, so I'm not totally sure. I advice everyone not to vote right now so that we can first come up with a plan that everyone is cool with. What do you all think?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Although I'm not one to talk, if the Mafia is laying low then they could sit back as we tear ourselves apart. Hasty votes will give them the upper hand in a heartbeat. However, not voting will do the same. So I suggest everyone posts their top Town and top scumleans and we can go from there.

Minish is top Town because she's been actively seeking scum from the get go.

If there's an experienced Mafia player out there then it would have to be Pendio. Less experienced would be Doc.

Zachie

Moo
we can chose to not lynch anyone today
No.

VOTE: Pendio

If we lynch wrong today, we lose, but if we no lynch today mafia offs one of us and we risk LYLO tomorrow with basically no information. I'm not happy with a no lynch and I'm not happy that you're suggesting it in the slightest.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Anyway, I didn't even realize until the lynch scene was posted that we cannot lynch another Townie today. If we do that we lose the game to the Mafia. However, we can chose to not lynch anyone today, then let the Mafia off one of us tonight, and then we can still play tomorrow. I'm not sure if that strategy is ultimately better though, but I'm pointing it out so we can all discuss it. If we don't lynch anyone today and leave it until tomorrow instead we'll technically have a better chance of finding the scum since there will be 2 Mafia amongst 5 players instead of 6 players as there are today. However, the discussion tomorrow might suffer from it, so I'm not totally sure. I advice everyone not to vote right now so that we can first come up with a plan that everyone is cool with. What do you all think?

This is a real bad idea, because I think its fairly obvious who mafia will kill, assuming this person is actually town. I don't think we're gonna be in any different position than we are now.

No.

VOTE: Pendio

If we lynch wrong today, we lose, but if we no lynch today mafia offs one of us and we risk LYLO tomorrow with basically no information. I'm not happy with a no lynch and I'm not happy that you're suggesting it in the slightest.

All votes are final. Just in case you missed that point. I think everyone should hold off their votes until they are certain and closer til end of the day. Until then, perhaps FoS could be used as intention to vote?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
A no lynch is a good idea, as it would give us a better shot at hitting scum tomorrow than we have today. Because if we mislynched today, we would lose, but if we no lynch, that's one less person we'd have to consider. However, that also means all three townies would have to not only vote exactly the same, but be right about who they vote as well.

So, no matter how you look at it, the mafia is in a really good spot right now. I'm okay with doing a no lynch today if that's what others want. But I also wouldn't mind taking a shot at hitting scum today as well. Especially as I think it would be likely that I'm the mafia's target the next night, so voting today would mean I would get to do something.

If we do decide to no lynch though, everyone should do what All Might suggested. Though maybe it's better if we give two people for our top scum lean, since there are two mafia left.

Right now my top scum lean is Pendio. I'm torn between who his partner is though. Doc has been looking fairly townie, but I thought that in Death Note as well when he was scum. Plus I haven't seen his town play yet, so I don't really know if it's any different than his scum play. I've been a bit neutral on All Might, but I could see him being scum. Him and Pendio being the mafia team would make it a pretty strong team, since they're both good players and it's hard for me to read either of them. I was suspicious of Deku before, and Zachie's vote on Pendio today doesn't look the greatest either when we're in mylo. But that seems like normal Zachie play, so I'm not sure it's AI. And I honestly don't really know how to read Stormagedon. His posts have been a bit scummy, but that seems like it might just be how he plays.

So I guess my top scum leans would be Pendio/All Might and my town lean would be Doc. But that's just a slight town lean. I don't really have a strong town lean on anyone left right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom