• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread A Very Tasty Vanilla Flavoured Mafia Game (yumyum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
For the reasons I stated D2, you're still my biggest scumlean.

For the second, its a toss-up between Pendio and Zachie, simply by process of elimination. I don't have any reason to suspect one more than the other.
Yeah, I change my mind a lot, happens in pretty much every game. Not exactly AI.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
FINAL VOTE VOUNT
Pendio (1): Zachie
All Might (1): Stormageddon747
No Lynch (1): Minish_Link
Not Voting: All Might, Pendio, Doc
No lynch has occured

Everyone met the minimum post requirement

Mellow Ezlo and Funnier sat together on a balcony, watching their clones fight it out on the battlefield below.
Or... at least they hoped to.
"Are they actually doing anything?" Mellow Ezlo asked, looking down at the six people lightly bickering.
"OH YOU JUST WAIT!" Funnier6 laughed, "My clones will conquer yours in a matter of moments!"
So they watched. And waited. A day passed.
"Are you sure they're going to cause someone to get killed today?" Mezlo asks, glancing over at Funnier.
"Yes, of course I'm sure!" Funnier laughed. He actually hadn't stopped laughing since the yesterday, and would continue on for many hours to come. However, the laughter slowly began to fade as he realized that neither side was going to end up with a kill. They were literally just standing there.
As the day phase drew to a close, the two awkwardly looked at each other, unsure of what to do. Finally, Mezlo broke the silence, "Do you want to, like, go to a movie or something?" Mez suggested, "Doesn't matter which one, it has to be more entertaining than this."
"But who would be kept in charge of our clones?"
Mellow reached into his pocket and pulled out a small brown lump, which he just kinda threw down on the battlefield. As it landed, it began to morph into a... business scrub. With a santa hat.
"FREE!" the creature laughed, "FREE AT LAST!"
"Hey Deku?" Mellow Ezlo called, "I'm leaving for a bit. Can you watch them for a little bit?"
Deku's happiness faded immediately.
"Babysitting... ugh, fine. Be quick," he stared at the rest of the players in contempt as the sun began to set, "Shoo!" he called, "Go to your room!"
And so the day ended.

NIGHT 3 BEGINS
The night ends at 3PM MST on Sunday, December 10, 2017. The mafia have until then to submit a kill to ME! DEKU!
ughh this sucks... damn you Ezlo.

The Living (6)
The Dead (4)
  • @Krow - Townie (Lynched and cannibalized Day 1)
  • @Ayano Keiko - Townie (Brutally tortured and stabbed 67 times Night 1)
  • @YIGAhim - Townie (Lynched and inhumanely cremated Day 2)
  • @funnier6 - Survivor (Treacherously killed by funnier6 Night 2)

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Every Mez down in Mezville liked Mezlo a lot - but the Funnier's, who lives just north of Mezville, did not.
The Mez's hated Mezlo, the whole Mezlo season. Don't ask me why, no one quite knows the reason.
It could be the fact that their shoes were too tight
It could be their heads werent screwed on just eight
But, I think the most likely reason of all, is the fact that they townread Mezlo, and that means hes scum.
So, late in the night, after everyone had gone to bed, they came out of their house, high above the town, and chose their target. Sneaking into their house to a Thurl Ravenscroft song.
There, they found a sleeping Mezlo. After looking around the house (and stealing most of his food), they strangled him with a wreath. Leaving him laying in holiday cheer, they returned to their home, their goals succeeded, and enjoyed a good *insert winter tradition here* feast, musing the whole time how simple their time was.

The next morning, Deku rose to find that Mezlo and Funnier had not returned. Even worse, one of the clones - the one known as Doc - had died the night before.
"Where are those two idiots?" Deku yelled, "I was only supposed to do the one night of this, but no! They're still unaccounted for!" He sat down in a huff, "I dont even have anyone to have some kind of snappy dialogue or gloating to. It's all so... dispapointing."
Realizing the entire town was staring at him, Deku waved them away, "He was town. Now shoo. Do your thing."

Doc was Mellow Ezlo, a Townie.

Day 4 Begins
With 5 players alive, 3 votes are required for a majority lynch. Otherwise, Day 4 will end on Wednesday, December 13, 1AM MST (Countdown timer coming soon)

The Living (5)
The Dead (5)
  • @Krow - Townie (Lynched and cannibalized Day 1)
  • @Ayano Keiko - Townie (Brutally tortured and stabbed 67 times Night 1)
  • @YIGAhim - Townie (Lynched and inhumanely cremated Day 2)
  • @funnier6 - Survivor (Treacherously killed by funnier6 Night 2)
  • @Doc - Townie (Strangled by a wreath Night 3)

NOTE: This is LYLO, which means if mafia is not lynched, the game will result in an automatic mafia victory. All votes made today are final.

Zachie

Moo
Alright, so, I'm not going to make a vote yet but it will ultimately more than likely be going to Pendio. Something is really off about him, and I just ultimately don't trust him.

Anyway, though, as expected the No Lynch was a stupid idea bc we're even worse off bc now we're in LYLO.

I'm also willing to take a look at Minish due to the no lynch vote. It's one thing to suggest it like Pendio did, but to actually vote it knowing that it would lead to LYLO the next day is more than a bit suspicious.

Pen

The game is on!
Can't say I'm too surprised to see Doc dead since most were Town reading him, but I had expected Minish to be the one biting the dust last night. I assume this means that either Minish is actually with the Mafia or the actual Mafia is attempting to frame her by keeping her alive. It really could go either way...

Alright, so, I'm not going to make a vote yet but it will ultimately more than likely be going to Pendio. Something is really off about him, and I just ultimately don't trust him.

I know you were against the no lynch yesterday, and I know you got suspicious of me for bringing it up. But here you're saying that "something" is really off about me and that you don't trust me because of that. I'm just curious to know if your distrust in me is rooted in anything deeper than just that, or if that's it.

Anyway, though, as expected the No Lynch was a stupid idea bc we're even worse off bc now we're in LYLO.

I actually don't see how this is worse than it was yesterday. Sure, Doc is dead, but we do technically have a higher chance of hitting scum today, just looking at the odds. Besides, if we had accidentally lynched a Townie yesterday, the Mafia would have won allthesame. If there's something I'm missing, please enlighten me.

I'm also willing to take a look at Minish due to the no lynch vote. It's one thing to suggest it like Pendio did, but to actually vote it knowing that it would lead to LYLO the next day is more than a bit suspicious.

I'm also going to take a closer look at Minish's posts today and see if there's anything I can find on her. However, not for the same reasons as you. As I explained above, I don't see any issue with the no lynch of yesterday, so I don't think THAT particular action was suspicious.

If the end of the day was to come around right now, I would be okay with either a Zachie lynch or an All Might lynch. That's how things are looking right now for me. I will certainly be rereading the thread though and see if there's anything I can find on Stormageden and Minish, so we'll see what turns up. I advice everyone to take a look back in the thread for extra clues if you have the time, and definitely don't place any votes whatever you do, until we're near the end of the day.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer

I said this in one of my posts the previous day, but a no lynch vote didn't really hurt us. If we had lynched yesterday and were wrong, the game would have ended then. That's the same case for today, but now we're down one more person that we don't have to consider when trying to find scum. Granted, I was town reading Doc anyways, but there was always the possibility that he was part of the mafia team (and I even considered it during the previous day) so it helps now to know he's not. It can also give us a little more information. I thought I was going to be the one night killed, and was surprised to see it is Doc. So that's making me reconsider my thoughts and try to figure out why he was targeted instead. I did consider the possibility that All Might is mafia with either you or Stormagedon, and killed Doc because I've been going after Pendio so much so he was banking on me doing the same today. But I'm not entirely sure.

I do have a bit of a town read on Zachie right now though. Even though I was suspicious of Deku day 1, Zachie is looking like his town play. So that leaves Pendio, All Might, and Stormagedon. I'm still suspicious of both Pendio and All Might, but if Stormagedon is the other scum, then I have to make the right choice between them. I'll have to re-read and see if anything else sticks out to me.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
I don't particularly see how Zachie is Town. His vote on Pendio was somewhat brash and now he's holding off from voting prematurely. He hasn't done anything to stand out as Town, but he's also directing his attention to Minish who has played a very Townie game throughout. Not to mention that Deku's D1 play was just plain weird.

Invariably, Pendio cast some shade towards Minish right from the start. Killing Doc wouldn't make her look suspicious, instead it'd make me look bad since I was Doc's mistaken top scumlean. So there's no way that she'd get framed by his death. Furthermore, I don't see any kind of connection between them so Pendio's logic is certainly reaching.

And best not to leave out the black sheep. @Stormageden747 Would you mind elaborating on why you voted for me?

Pen

The game is on!
Even though I was suspicious of Deku day 1, Zachie is looking like his town play.

Would you mind elaborating on this. What about his play this game looks specifically like his Town play? I haven't been able to see anything in Zachie's play so far that looks especially "towny".

@Stormageden747 I would very much like to hear some opinions and reads from you. Throughout the game so far you've been relying mostly on your guy feeling, which I don't blame you for because I know you're new to this form of Mafia. However, as you learned earlier in the game, your gut feelings regarding YIGAhim and funnier6 were wrong, so maybe you want to give scum hunting a try. For starters, what do you think of Zachie's rather rash vote on me yesterday and his refusal to see the benefits of the no lynch? Is he someone you would consider voting for? Or do you perhaps have other leads on someone else? Just in general I'd love to hear more from you.

@Zachie what are your stands on All Might and Stormageden? You haven't mentioned them as much, so I'm curious to know what you think of them.

Stormageden747

Zofian General
Hm, I think it's a possibility that Pendio could be scum. If you read what he said, it seems as if he is trying to get me on Zachie. I mean, why did he ask me my thoughts and no one else's? That might seem like a stretch, and it probobly is. I suggest you reconsider about Pendio.

One other thing. Pendio didn't vote yesterday, and I'm suspicious of him. Also, All_Might didn't vote. Once again this may seem like a stretch, but consider it.

Pen

The game is on!
Hm, I think it's a possibility that Pendio could be scum. If you read what he said, it seems as if he is trying to get me on Zachie. I mean, why did he ask me my thoughts and no one else's? That might seem like a stretch, and it probobly is. I suggest you reconsider about Pendio.

One other thing. Pendio didn't vote yesterday, and I'm suspicious of him. Also, All_Might didn't vote. Once again this may seem like a stretch, but consider it.

I just gave you an example for you to start with. I know you're new to scum hinting, which was why I tried to help you start small. That's all it was. Ideally I'd like for you to share your thoughts on every player left in the game. Anyway, it's true that I intentionally started with Zachie simply because he's the one I'm the most suspicious of right now. So what are your reads on him? And on All Might? And on Minish? And if you have any more to share about me, go right ahead.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer

But why did you vote for me? What is it that made me "stand out"? The Day ended before I was able to place by vote, but it would have been a no-lynch either way. And I don't think that clearing yourself by voting is necessarily credible; it went against our wishes to not make hasty votes. You and Zachie are culpable of that.

Zachie

Moo
His vote on Pendio was somewhat brash and now he's holding off from voting prematurely.
As explained, yesterday we were in MYLO so I could change my vote. Today we are in LYLO & therefore if I make a vote I cannot change it.
@Zachie what are your stands on All Might and Stormageden? You haven't mentioned them as much, so I'm curious to know what you think of them.
Stormagedon seems a bit off. His vote yesterday was pretty weak. "Oh, I think All Might is mafia. *votes*" Today he's tried to shift the blame from me to you with equally ****ty reasoning both times.

ALL Might seems fine so far, analysing the game well enough. Doesn't seem overly defensive. Seems very pro-town.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Would you mind elaborating on this. What about his play this game looks specifically like his Town play? I haven't been able to see anything in Zachie's play so far that looks especially "towny".

I don't particularly see how Zachie is Town. His vote on Pendio was somewhat brash and now he's holding off from voting prematurely. He hasn't done anything to stand out as Town, but he's also directing his attention to Minish who has played a very Townie game throughout. Not to mention that Deku's D1 play was just plain weird.

Invariably, Pendio cast some shade towards Minish right from the start. Killing Doc wouldn't make her look suspicious, instead it'd make me look bad since I was Doc's mistaken top scumlean. So there's no way that she'd get framed by his death. Furthermore, I don't see any kind of connection between them so Pendio's logic is certainly reaching.

I'll answer both of your all's question about how Zachie looks townie here. While it isn't the strongest lean, I find that Zachie is usually very rash as town, and jumps to action pretty easily without much consideration for how it will look. Which makes some sense, as you don't have to worry about being as careful when you're town. I would have expected his scumbud to tell him that the previous day was mylo and discuss why suggesting a no lynch would seem more of a town move. Instead he went completely against that and even cast some suspicion on me for voting for a no lynch.

Deku's day 1 actions were very odd, and I was the biggest push against him then, but I have a hard time reading Deku anyways and a lot of stuff he does as town looks scummy to me. I do think it's a bit weird that Zachie is casting suspicion on me now just for the no lynch vote, but I also think it's just a case of a difference of opinion. Plus I can't really blame him, as anything is possible with this few people left.

I do agree with All Might here, about Pendio. A lot of his posts/reasonings have seemed like reaching in this game, and that's mainly why he's my scum lean at the moment. While suggesting the no lynch yesterday did look townie, Pendio would know that and could use it to try and gain some town cred. I've just felt like he's been a bit off this game. Not overtly so, but just things here and there. That's why it's making this decision so hard. Because I'm almost certain there's a least one scum between Pendio and All Might, but if only one of them is scum, we have to make the right decision today.

All Might has been on my radar as well. Most notably for not believing funnier's survivor claim when there was no counterclaim. Just felt like a rather odd thing to do.

Pen

The game is on!
I do agree with All Might here, about Pendio. A lot of his posts/reasonings have seemed like reaching in this game, and that's mainly why he's my scum lean at the moment. While suggesting the no lynch yesterday did look townie, Pendio would know that and could use it to try and gain some town cred. I've just felt like he's been a bit off this game. Not overtly so, but just things here and there. That's why it's making this decision so hard. Because I'm almost certain there's a least one scum between Pendio and All Might, but if only one of them is scum, we have to make the right decision today.

Funny thing in Mafia is that I really do tend to be a lot more genuine than other players give me credit for. My no lynch proposal of yesterday is a perfect example of that. Anyway, I see some major suspicion directed at me from several directions right now so I figured I'd attempt a little defence. Sure, perhaps I am reaching for reasoning at times, but as I have already pointed out it's legitimately hard to find ground-breaking pieces of evidence in a game with this format. The only thing I've felt remotely certain off throughout this entire game was that funnier in all likelihood was the Suvivor. And even that still wasn't completely for sure until he was killed by the Mafia. Also, I have the highest post count of all the remaining players. That is due to my intention of keeping the discussion flowing and making sure everyone stays active. I've really made an effort to try and make sure of that, as evident by my post count. Also, since I have made significantly more posts than most others I have thrown myself out there, so it's no surprise I'm under plenty of suspicion right now. After all, people's minds tend to be drawn to where there's stuff happening, so naturally a more active player such as myself is going to have a lot of people analysing them. That's just how it works. I've never been afraid of sticking out as Town, and that has gotten me mislynched several times in the past, so I guess I wouldn't be all that surprised it it happened again. Taking an example of my actions this game that can help prove my innocence there was the end of day 2. funnier6 was about to get lynched but I made an effort to catch up with the thread in time to save him because he was one of the players I trusted the most. I didn't want to see him lynched so I placed the deciding vote for extension as well as a vote on All Might with about 10 minutes left of the original day length. If I was Mafia I could have easily just stood by and let funnier die by the hands of the other players, and no one would have thought any worse of me for it. Now I've made a few points to prove myself. I hope it could have made you see that I am genuine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom