• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

35 Hour Long Main Quest

So, apparently the main quest in SS should take around 35 hours to complete. They claim it's in the goppingly huge amount of side quests that push SS into 50-100 hours.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/31582/legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-about-35-hours-long/

That's pretty much what I was expecting, so I'm not actually dissapointed. If anything has me faintly annui, it's (as silly as it is) the confirmation that the game ends. Nintendo should really do something about that. Slackers.

Thoughts?

So? That actually means there might be more side content than in the main quest! That's sick!
Also, they had to review the game, they probably rushed through it. I'm pretty sure a 'normal' playthrough could reach 40 hours.

So... what?

That actually means there might be more side content than in the main quest! That's sick!

Sounds like that's possible.

Also, they had to review the game, they probably rushed through it. I'm pretty sure a 'normal' playthrough could reach 40 hours.

Well, maybe. It's true that as people who play videogames for part of their living, they're probably a little more efficient at it than I am. Either way, I'm sure our milage will vary.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
35 hours might be the main mileage in SS, but I'm going to take my time with it, trying out every minigame and sidequest to total up 75 hours, hopefully. This game will be worth it. :)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
So 35 hours for a basic runthrough, huh? That's about what I expected originally. This means I'm probably going to take 40-45 hours, as I'm going to soak up as much awesomeness as I can on my first runthrough. Then I'm going to go back and 100% the rest, then do a 100% runthrough, which I will make last 100 hours.

I can see myself taking 50-60 hours on this at the least. After all, many people say TP was short but it took me around 44 hours and I didn't even 100% it. So, yeah. I can definitely make Skyward Sword last longer.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I think to expect 100 hours of main quest gameplay is really not reasonable, and figured the original quote was more to the side fo 50 hours for the story, and 100 for everything else (possibly including some kind of second quest). I'm not disappointed by any means though, because most seem to have played Twilight Princess in that amount of time and yet somehow my game timer sits at 65 hours for a completed run. (This encompassed a lot of fishing, random Epona riding, all hearts and retraversing some dungeons to get chests that were otherwise inaccessable before - but were disappointingly only rupees).

Additionally, I tend to try and 100% a game before I go and wrap up the game's ending. I try to make the whole thing one playthrough as such, because I find some of the going back to collect items after the game is done seems anti-climactic. For example, in playing Batman Arkham Asylum I beat the game, then finished collecting all the Riddler's Trohpies. It was fun to do, but then to hear a sound clip and then just stand there and say to myself "So... I guess that's everything then..." and save and quit seemed a bit boring. For TP, I did everything that I wanted to do, then went into Hyrule Castle to wrap up, making the whole story my 65 hours. Well worth the wait to see the ending if you ask me.

I think JuicieJ says what I am trying to say best in saying "I will make [it] last 100 hours". That's what I did with TP, although yes I only made it to 65 hours, but by that point I was so satisfied with the game I didn't need any more. Any time I can buy a full-price game and get about $1 per hour of gameplay, then that's an amazing title right there.

Last edited:

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i'm one of those that like exploring as i go along (first play through of TP took 50 hours) so it will probably take me a fair bit longer than that, looking forward to seeing what quests they have added

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I hope the sorty lasts for a week or two.. And somebody shouldn't be able to speed-run through the game in 3 hours.
And SS will take a special spot in my heart if it's side-quest side is enormous, Almost to that of an MMO.
That would make the game continue to live even after you complete the story.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
That's awesome. My file will probably be over 50 hours on the main quest (not even touching side-content)....because I will just stand around and listen the soundtrack ;)

Ganondork

goo
Well, this is definitely good news. I was hoping it would be this long, but games seem to be dwindling in how long they last now. It seems like I move a bit slower than the average Zelda player, though. I take my time, learn the overworld, master tactics on how to kill certain enemies. My playthrough of Twilight Princess took me 200 hours, but Zant and Ganondorf weren't even able to hit me. I think that the quality of my fighting outweighed my large amount of playing that I ended up doing. I also need to keep in mind the fact that I was 8; I found joy in riding Epona around Hyrule and just killing every Bokoblin in Hyrule Field. I still find significant joy in it, but I don't do it half as much as I used to.

With that in mind, I'll expect my first playthrough of Skyward Sword to take me somewhere between 100 and 175 hours. I really want to soak this game in, learn every route and shortcut to each area, every tactic to killing each enemy correctly. Heck, maybe just stand there and enjoy the music for a while. I'm in no rush at all whatsoever, what does it matter if I take a little while to finish it 100%? It's not like many of my friends will even glance at the game, so there is no rush for me to beat it. I'm just gonna play the game at my pace and enjoy the game like any Zelda fan would.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Since they needed to play fast in order to write the review in time, I'm expecting a little over 35 hours.

Z

zelda448

If the main quest is actually 35 hours I'll be very happy. I don't think Twilight Princess ever took me more than 15-20 to beat, except for the one time I played for 100%. A Zelda game that's main quest is twice as long as Twilight Princess' sounds pretty exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom