• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2d Zelda

I think that if we see another 2D Zelda it is likely to be a bonus feature to A) a massive 3D main game or :cool: a collection of classic games with a new game added as an extra incentive to purchase it. I personally hope it happens. I love the 2D Zelda games. (I also hope they figure out a way to work the sword beam into 3D. It's a 2D staple of the series)

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
I think 2d Zelda's will still exist. However, I wouldn't be surprised if, for the sake of the DS, one screen was for maps and information and the other one was for the actual 2d plane.

Perhaps Nintendo could revisit the concepts from AoL, and use the dual screens to display enemy information, level ups, item descriptions, use the stylus to cast spells, etc. The list goes on.

Nintendo has a lot of possibilities, they just need to pick one and run with it.

C

Cerrai

They might never go back to 2d games, we'll just hav to wait and see.

Like, official or what? I'm working out a full-length 2D zelda called "The Legend Of Midna"
It's like the twilight realms version of Zelda.

It could happen. I mean, look right now at what Capcom is doing, going back and making another original Mega Man, which from what I've seen, everybody thinks is an awesome idea.

Now granted the same can't be said for Zelda, I would be a fan of seeing another 2D though. Make it similar to ALTTP. That would be nice.

Claire

The Geekette
As it is obvious that Nintendo is advancing and taking full advantage of their abilities to create fantastic looking 3D games, I would love to see them take the time to create another 2D game in the future.

Even if it were a second quest and a 3D game went to 2D (possibly an odd concept, oh well) then I'd still be happy. I'd like to see 2D games incorporated into the future of Zelda, perhaps even the future of Nintendo.

After all, they have a reliable base of players and I am sure they could pull it off.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Now, I am pretty sure there will never be another 2-D Zelda game. I believe this because we have the technology to make better games and Nintendo wouldn't waste it trying to make a 2-D game.

Now, I am pretty sure there will never be another 2-D Zelda game. I believe this because we have the technology to make better games and Nintendo wouldn't waste it trying to make a 2-D game.
Sprites can look damn beautiful with modern graphics. I wouldn't say that sprites aren't as good as 3d.

I would like another 2D game. Like you said they could do so much with it, without worrying too much about the graphics.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
PH was pretty short and easy and i think its because you can only do so much with the memory taken up by graphics and the actual game.

with the DS's capabilities, they could make a HUGE 2D game and i think that would be fitting. some of the 2D games are better than PH.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Fairly simple, do you think we will ever see a full blown 2d Zelda title ever again? When I mean by 2d, I don't mean the like 2.5D that was Phantom Hourglass. I'm speaking of, something along the lines of say Link to the Past or the Minish Cap.

Personally, I really thing they have one or two still left in the tank. It really depends on what happens with the new Wii Zelda too. I think they can easily pull off a massive 2d game, fill it with a good 9-10 dungeons or something with a huge inventory.

It seems it makes sense that it takes a much longer time to create a 3d zelda title than a 2d zelda title. Thus, I think rather than focusing on creative ways to include wii or ds funcationality, stick to the roots of the series. Give the hardcore fans another huge 2d Zelda title. Don't worry about all the new things in Zelda, but just spend all the time building a very deep storyline with a ton of dungeons, a ton of items, and a massive overworld. I would just love if they were to do something like this.

Mases i feel for ya dude. I mean don't get me wrong the 3-d zeldas are great but it would be great to have another full fledged 2-d zelda with a good amout of dungeons with them being decently difficult and a decent size inventory. I would definetly welcome another full fledged 2-d zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom