• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Down the rabbit hole: Lucid dream mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Vote: Ari

She seems very suspicious to me, I've said before that her posts tend to be short and vauge as if she is trying to avoid people getting a read on her. Now what I find interesting is the fact that she is calling out That for practically the same reason we find her suspicious - both of their posts lack substance.

Unless a bigger target arises I won't change my vote. So far I feel like going after atleast one of the people who wagoned late to lynch Shroom might not be a bad idea.
That, stupid autocorrect I meant Thar.

Mido

Version 1
images

She seems very suspicious to me, I've said before that her posts tend to be short and vauge as if she is trying to avoid people getting a read on her. Now what I find interesting is the fact that she is calling out That for practically the same reason we find her suspicious - both of their posts lack substance.

Unless a bigger target arises I won't change my vote. So far I feel like going after atleast one of the people who wagoned late to lynch Shroom might not be a bad idea.

Another thing: I feel as if she is not elaborating on her viewpoints at this time, which concerns me even more. While I am still suspicious of her, her play could also be linked to her relative inexperience the more I think about it. That being said, it does not change the circumstances of the situation.

Also, I have a question about Mellow Ezlo. Suspicions seem to be well-justified, and he explained himself sufficiently, but I'm concerned about one small aspect of his actions. Normally, scum defending scum is generally something that mafia avoid if it is made obvious; however, then again, Shroom appeared to be none other than their Godfather. Would scum apply the same rule there in terms of blatantly defending his/her cohort? I assume it would be a discouraged plan, but I am unsure all the while.

Foo

Expectation
All right, I'm about 3 hours ahead of the schedule I gave Gumball, but I've got some free time so I might as well do this now.

The 18 living players, ordered by Kokirion at the start of the day, are:

1. Spiritual Mask Salesman
2. Foo
3. Repentance
4. Dekunut
5. Sadia
6. Johnny Sooshi
7. Crus@der77x
8. Mido
9. LittleGumball
10. A Link in Time
11. Musicfan
12. Ari
13. Mellow Ezlo
14. Zelda13t
15. Pendio
16. Doc
17. Viral Maze
18. Frozen Chozen

I have begun a campaign title "Nightmare Mafia" on Orokos. The verification role is 2376.
What I'd like people to do is as follows:
1) Visit the campaign page and confirm the verification role. Indicate in your next post that you've done so, please and thanks.
2) Identify every player on the list who you will *not* be comfortable voting for. Note that if you you do not mention a certain player and later show hesitancy to vote for that player (assuming no major info change) I will consider it a scum-tell. Be exaustive.
3) Know that every player who receives two or more votes will be removed from the list. If this would delete the list entirely, every player with three votes will be removed instead, and so on.
4) Know that in 12 hours the list will be finalized, and I will use the Orokos Campaign page you have confirmed to select a lynch target from the names remaining on the list. As this target should be acceptable to the majority of players by construction, I will expect most undecided players to join me on the wagon. If you are opposed to do so I suggest you identify you opposition *before* the final selection is made. I will consider opposition post-selection to be a scum-tell.

My votes will follow in the next post.

Foo

Expectation
Editing note: D0n't vote for yourself, obviously >>

I am not going to vote for
*Crusader
*Pendio
Because they have yet to post and are likely to die to the flower rule (Unfortunate because Pendio's initial attack on Shroom goes some way towards exonerating him).

*Gumball
*DekuNut
Because their promotion of a productive town and general contribution towards an active atmosphere is good for us going into the midgame, even if they turn out to be scum in the long run.

That is all.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
images

Another thing: I feel as if she is not elaborating on her viewpoints at this time, which concerns me even more. While I am still suspicious of her, her play could also be linked to her relative inexperience the more I think about it. That being said, it does not change the circumstances of the situation.

Also, I have a question about Mellow Ezlo. Suspicions seem to be well-justified, and he explained himself sufficiently, but I'm concerned about one small aspect of his actions. Normally, scum defending scum is generally something that mafia avoid if it is made obvious; however, then again, Shroom appeared to be none other than their Godfather. Would scum apply the same rule there in terms of blatantly defending his/her cohort? I assume it would be a discouraged plan, but I am unsure all the while.
I'm not sure about the inexperiance theory, I'm not sure how many games she's played but I believe I might be the newest person at Mafia playing in this game - my first game was the Xenoblade Mafia which was going on last month. I'm not entirely sure if inexperiance is the reason for her posting tendencies in this game.

If Shroom was their Godfather than why didn't they all atleast attempt manipulating attention off him? Unless they knew it was a lose-lose situation. Trying to save him would compromise all of their games unless they were successful. Still it could have been worth it, unless maybe he isn't the Godfather like you are thinking. Normally wouldn't “Godfather” be in the name of role?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
All right, I'm about 3 hours ahead of the schedule I gave Gumball, but I've got some free time so I might as well do this now.

2. Foo
3. Repentance
4. Dekunut
5. Sadia
6. Johnny Sooshi
7. Crus@der77x
8. Mido
9. LittleGumball
10. A Link in Time
11. Musicfan
12. Ari
13. Mellow Ezlo
14. Zelda13t
15. Pendio
16. Doc
17. Viral Maze
18. Frozen Chozen

I have begun a campaign title "Nightmare Mafia" on Orokos. The verification role is 2376.
1) Visit the campaign page and confirm the verification role. Indicate in your next post that you've done so, please and thanks.
2) Identify every player on the list who you will *not* be comfortable voting for. Note that if you you do not mention a certain player and later show hesitancy to vote for that player (assuming no major info change) I will consider it a scum-tell. Be exaustive.
3) Know that every player who receives two or more votes will be removed from the list. If this would delete the list entirely, every player with three votes will be removed instead, and so on.
4) Know that in 12 hours the list will be finalized, and I will use the Orokos Campaign page you have confirmed to select a lynch target from the names remaining on the list. As this target should be acceptable to the majority of players by construction, I will expect most undecided players to join me on the wagon. If you are opposed to do so I suggest you identify you opposition *before* the final selection is made. I will consider opposition post-selection to be a scum-tell.

How the heck do you register an account? It says you need an account but I see no link to register.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Ok I joined the list.

I will not vote for:
Little Gumball
Foo
Mido
Zelda13

This isn't something I want to be entitled to for the entire game. I don't have a definite read on anyone yet so as the game progresses things can change, someone who I might not have voted today I might need to vote.

Editing note: D0n't vote for yourself, obviously >>

*Crusader
*Pendio
Because they have yet to post and are likely to die to the flower rule (Unfortunate because Pendio's initial attack on Shroom goes some way towards exonerating him).

*Gumball
*DekuNut
Because their promotion of a productive town and general contribution towards an active atmosphere is good for us going into the midgame, even if they turn out to be scum in the long run.

That is all.

I like the enthusiasm, Foo, but I am not signing up for that. I think it kinda ruins the whole aspect of Mafia, which is to find anti-town through their mistakes. We can do that through talking it out on this thread instead of going to another site. Also, I'm a bit lazy...

I also disagree with your total town vibes of Dekunut. I find Dekunut suspicious for at least two reasons. 1. His vote for Pendio when he led the lynch on Shroom and 2. His apparent dislike to lynch inactives Day 1 which could be a tactic used by scum to seem pro-town.
These are my opinions anyway. I was holding off on Voting but I might as well show where I stand.

Vote: Dekunut

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I like the enthusiasm, Foo, but I am not signing up for that. I think it kinda ruins the whole aspect of Mafia, which is to find anti-town through their mistakes. We can do that through talking it out on this thread instead of going to another site. Also, I'm a bit lazy...

I also disagree with your total town vibes of Dekunut. I find Dekunut suspicious for at least two reasons. 1. His vote for Pendio when he led the lynch on Shroom and 2. His apparent dislike to lynch inactives Day 1 which could be a tactic used by scum to seem pro-town.
These are my opinions anyway. I was holding off on Voting but I might as well show where I stand.

Vote: Dekunut
Actually Viral Maze was the one who voted Pendio first, Dekunut just went along with him. His unfix random vote was for Zelda13.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Technically I went along with Mido. Also, at what time did I ever help the Shroom lynch?
Besides, that vote may as well have been RVS. Also, was he really obvtown at the time?

Moving on to Captain Foo, I'd also like to point out that if we vote someone on Day 5 who we think is town today, or refuse to vote someone tomorrow who wasn't on our lists today, doesn't mean scum. It just means that the playing field has changed.

However, I would like to say:
Mido is not getting my vote. Honestly? Right now, you're not either, Foo.
I'll go with that for now, and I'm also not gonna join the site. I just like keeping it on ZD/QT

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard

2. Foo
3. Repentance
4. Dekunut
5. Sadia
6. Johnny Sooshi
7. Crus@der77x
8. Mido
9. LittleGumball
10. A Link in Time
11. Musicfan
12. Ari
13. Mellow Ezlo
14. Zelda13t
15. Pendio
16. Doc
17. Viral Maze
18. Frozen Chozen

Why are you trying to change the way we all play? This is not something we've ever done on this site and as such I will not be doing it. I don't even think it's within the rules to be using outside sites to play the game (most of the time you'd get mod killed for such a thing). I feel like your posts throughout this entire game have been leading the town, which isn't good. You're basically telling everybody exactly what we should all do and it's unusual. Maybe it's just your playstyle, but it goes against a lot of the things we standby here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom