• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gaming Items You Wish Were Real

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Here's my list:

-As many have said, the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device.
-The Aperture Science Weighted Companion Cube (as long as it doesn't threaten to stab me in the back)
-The Bat-suit, and access to Wayne Co. (remember, if you can be Batman, always be Batman)
-A lightsaber. Yeah, there are Star Wars games, so deal with it.
-If I could get Force-sensitivity along with the lightsabers, that'd be great, thanks. Preferably the abilities of, say, Starkiller or his clone. Doesn't really count as an item, but I'd still like it ;)

...Okay, if I had the Force, could practically teleport, and be freaking Batman, I would be completely satisfied. In other words, the circle would be complete.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Axle mentioned the bag of holding but I'm hound to one up him. Portable hole. From Dungeons and dragons, this item is a hole you can place on the ground and store things in. Capable of storing libraries and things like that, you can fit people inside as well and carry them around. Provided you open it back up every now and them to replenish the oxygen.

Pokemon/pokeballs are already said and simply because I want to be a trainer.

I would want an Arwing so that I could travel to other systems and capture more monsters in my pokeballs.

And finally, Malon. I want a person. Malon is mine. Marrying her.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Anti-material rifles are very real weapons employed by the modern military in most countries. They are effectively oversized sniper rifles that are designed with more power and bigger cartridges for taking down enemy equipment rather than personnel (although needless to say this only makes them more effective at killing people). It's necessary to have 2-3 people in sniper cells with these because of the weight of the rifle and support equipment, and they're fired from the prone position because of the recoil; I'm pretty sure it's not really possible to carry one of these around and fire it from a standing position, even though you can do so with the anti-material rifles in both Resident Evil 6 and Metal Gear Solid 4. :P

That's pretty cool. I've never seen one of these in action (real life of course) in the news or the movies. But, when I was playing the character who had this rifle, it instantly became one of my favorite weapons to use. I feel cheated though lol! The help of two additional people with the Anti-Material rifle wasn't present in the game. :O

Dan

Turkey from streets of rage This gaming item could cure the world, it can bring people that are so close to dying alive again JUST BY EATING IT! Best part about it is it won't ever give you food poisoning, it can be stashed away in a trash can, or hidden under a table at a bar.
Video game minigun Yeah holding one of these in real life isn't possible, but in video games it is, who wouldn't want to use one of these to rob a store. :P
Mario mushroomI just wanna eat one ya know...

Jedizora

:right:
I wouldn't mind a portal gun, or the telekinesis spell from skyrim. Boots of the Apostle(Levitation) or the Boots ff Blinding speed(Very fast, but blinds you) would be nice.

Kirino

Tatakae
003.jpg

Mk.II from Metal Gear Solid 4: This BA little robot right here. Imagine, having a little robot following you whereever you go, with features like an extendable rope and a screen that can project, you know, images and videos. And stuff.

1.jpg

Leon's Jacket from Resident Evil 4- This jacket is awesome.

Gravity_Gun.jpg

Gravity Gun from Half Life 2- The power of telekinesis, in a single gun. Imagine being able to lift up anything you want and move it from anywhere.

Samus_1.jpg

Samus's Arm Cannon from Metroid- Not the whole suit. Just the arm cannon. Mainly for destroying my enemies self defense purposes. It would also be pretty amazing to have and play with.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
1.jpg

Holy $#!&

You Just Blew My Freak'n Mind! It DOES Exist!! Where do I get? I WANT!!

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
$300? You just gave me another reason to hate Crapcom.

Cool thread, my list.

Wow...I don't play many video games(it's all Zelda here) but what a cool idea. There are so many items in video gmes that you sometimes really wish you had, dependig on teh stuation, btu sometimes you'll just go "Y'know...I think it would be really, really cool to own this." I'd be glad to share what I'd like to have in my arsenal.

Too many times I've wanted to go back in time and fix somehing that went wrong in my life, so the Ocarina of Time takes the cake for me. And it doesn't just control time, it manipulates all manner of things. But no spoilers.

Although it is cheating to choose an item that isn't an item at all, just a thing and later(small spoiler)a boss, technically the Spirit Train is an item, so next I'll go with the Demon Train.
A train that can pass between dimensions and locations by warping with supernatural poratls, doesn't need rails to run, drops explosives, shoots red lasers from charged cannons and blue, rotating ones from its engine, has a face and can vocalize, seems rather unstoppable, and can be summoned by thought?
I'd like that, even if it is kind of stretching the rules of this list again.

Well, I do play some other games, such as the Portal series. As a matter of fact, my motto is derived from "Still Alive", the song at the end of Portal (You just keep on trying 'til you run out of cake). I love that game. You've heard this one quite a bit, but also on my wish list is the most technologically advanced, non-combat related piece of machinery ever: The Portal Gun. It shoots friggen' holes on most surfaces that lead to other holes on other walls, or cielings, or grounds, or...ect, ect. And what's more, if you shoot one in the cieling, one in the ground benath it, and hop in, even if you get going at terminal velocity, once you get out you won't go splat! It's perfectly safe!

Lastly, I chose Oocoo from Twilight Princess. In case you don't know, Oocoo is a funky little human-headed yellow chichen that has an awesome theme song and a son named Oocoo Jr. Her son (who, by the by, is just a flying head)can warp you out of dungeons and warp you back to the exact same spot from anywhere in the kingdom. Also, she has a hilarious run, an awesome strut, she flies like a Cucco, and she look three times as freaky. Oh yeah. And she IS an item.

Last edited:

Dan

$300? You just gave me another reason to hate Crapcom.

You aren't going to like it when I tell you he meant that doesn't include the DLC (which is the the full jacket) no it's $300 for the body of the jacket, it's about $40 for the arms another $20 if you want pockets. ;)

Djinn

and Tonic
I would definitely vote for the random food that appears on the ground in the old arcade Beat Em Up games.
ZXSFk.jpg

Complete instantaneous healing from just eating a leftover abandoned burger lying on the sidewalk. No matter how hurt you are or how many broken bones or stab woulds you have, just look around for a roast chicken or apple lying on the ground and eat it. Then everything is perfectly healed without a scratch. I don't know who is actually responsible for all this random food on the sidewalk but they have to be some kind of amazing grocery shopping wizard with a hole in his bag. Or a rainbowy infestation of magical fairy tapeworms that fill the lost and forgotten ground turkey next to that trashcan, who knows. But after a savage beating or a car wreck a quick bite from a burger on the street fixes everything up. That basically solves all injury related death as well as creates a new utopia for us on Earth where no one need suffer an injury. Virtual immortality is at the fingertips of those who constantly look around and eat things they find on the ground.

If they cannot find any then all they really have to do is pick up a baseball bat or a golf club and break any and all trash cans, mailboxes, and fire hydrants until a freshly prepared roast chicken appears. Clearly the rewards far outweighs the damage to the sidewalk, the county can pick up the bill on that anyway. We are saving lives here. Or I guess health insurance could foot the bill for the wrecked trash cans. It still has to be cheaper than premium prescription medication or intensive treatment in a hospital.

Sometimes when I'm sitting on my porch after playing Zelda for a long time, I look at the houses next to me and have a knee-jerk reaction to hookshot to them. I would love that... especially if I were caught in traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom