• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Places You Would Love to Travel.

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
Just, places you would to travel to.
1. Italy- Amalfi Coast
2. Tibet- Drepung Monastery, Mount Laikash
3. Iran- Persepolis (If they accepted Americans as tourists)
4. Greece- Athens
5. Wherever the Ruins of Carthage are.
6. Morocco- Marrakesh
7. Finland- Lapland
8. Norway- Oslo
9. Sweden- Stockholm, Geirangerfjord (not spelling that right)
10. Cuba- Havana
11. Armenia- Yerevan
12. China- Guangxi
13. India- Mumbai, Eastern Ghats
14. Afghanistan- Hindu Kush
15. Scotland. (So I can find and capture a Wild Haggis ;)

Last edited:

Nicole

luke is my wife
Oh boy, I've planned this out for a long time. Once we're rich, Kybyrian and I are going to tour the world yay. Some places I want to go include:

1. All 30 Major League Ballparks - I love baseball and I would just die for the opportunity to tour each ballpark and see all the teams!
2. Japan - I love Japanese culture and I think it would be really cool to see it first-hand. I'm not big on Japanese food, though, so that could pose a small problem, but I'd still love to go.
3. Greece - I love Greek history and it would be amazing to see ancient Greek buildings, such as the Parthenon.
4. Italy - Italy has a reputation as being a really fun (and romantic) place to visit, and I'd love to see the Colosseum and the "Leaning Tower" of Piza.
5. Hawaii - I wouldn't want to go here for an extended period of time because I'm afraid of volcanoes, but Hawaii is absolutely gorgeous and I love to take part in a Hawaiian luau/beach party at night next to a bonfire with food [noparse]:D[/noparse]
6. Australia - I'm afraid of large bugs and snakes and dangerous animals, but I'd love to see the Outback (from a distance). I also love Australian accents and I want to find a boomerang that actually works.
7. Ireland - I'm very Irish, and I think it would be neat to see the history of where my ancestors lived.
8. England - It's a classic; How could you tour the world and not visit England?
9. Canada - Canada is a pretty cool place and there's a certain someone I'd like to visit there :rolleyes:

This is a very interesting thread. Personally, I'm not much of an international traveler and have only ever been to two countries outside the United States (where I live) but would certainly love to expand my horizons.

1. France: France is my top choice for a number of reasons. Arguably the most romanticized country in the world it is rightfully so with its splendid cafés and social bars for rest and relaxation. Also, France has always been a historical center of Europe. Ever since the French Revolution especially (yes, I know there were other pivotal conflicts before this) every major European conflict has either stemmed out of or engulfed France. Almost every general European or World War treaty has also been signed in Paris. There is a lot to love about France!
2. Canada: Canada is definitely my #2 choice. Not only is it in close proximity to where I live but the climate, government, and people there could not be simultaneously more similar and more different than Americans. Also, the fact that so many Winter Olympic Games have been hosted there definitely provides enticement.
3. Egypt: Egypt has always greatly interested me. I would love to dive deeper into the topic of the building of the great pyramids, the pharaohs as well as Egypt's golden age during ancient times in general. Also, the country has been making some big news recently as the instigator of last year's Arab Spring.
4. Germany: The fact that the German culture is so similar to the one I live in prods me forward into visiting the country. Since I am obsessed with military history as with France, Germany will definitely keep me hooked with its major role in late nineteenth and twentieth century conflicts.
5. Spain: I've been studying Spanish in school now for over 10 years and I definitely want to check out this majestic country especially after planning a full itinerary for a full potential trip in the future last year.
6. China: You would think such a major world superpower would be higher on my list but the current Communist regime there dissuades me. Also, the instant assumption is that China is a homogeneous country. That, however, could not be more wrong. There are tens hundreds of different dialects and cultures that thrive there thus providing an insightful scholarly opportunity that cannot be replicated elsewhere.
7. Japan: Japanese technology is all around us, Tokyo is the most populated city in the world, and Japan's complex history from oppressed to oppressor to technological giant is simply one which cannot be passed!
8. England: A nation which speaks the same language as the one I live in and has a rich European history as well as an influential member of the UN security council. That's to die for! Also, London is an extremely majestic city...when it's not being bombed by terrorists.
9. Australia: Capping off my succinct list is Australia. I'm honestly clueless as to what exactly I would want to tour there other than the Australian Outback. Also, I finally want to see a kangaroo with my own eyes!

I've always had dreams of traveling the world since as far back as I can remember. So far, I've only been to Canada; mostly Chatham, Windsor, or Toronto, Ontario. It's not really that special, considering I go there at least five or more times a year. In fact, I live very close to Canada. Anyway:

1. Vancouver: I've wanted to go to Vancouver, British Columbia for quite sometime. I'm mostly interested in the Ocean Productions Studios where many of my favorite anime (such as Dragon Ball Z and Death Note), were [are] dubbed and edited. I've actually planned on living there someday and working for Ocean Group, to become an anime voice actor myself. One of my favorite things I've heard about it is that it rains a lot there, and I absolutely love rainy days.
  2. Tokyo: It goes without saying that I have always found Tokyo, Japan to be among the most interesting cities on Earth. Not only is its architecture and culture, which blends old and new, amazing and creative, but its technological advancements far surpass our own. I'm sure there's more than enough more video games and anime for me to live off of there as well. lol I'd liken it to living on an entirely different planet - futuristic and whimsical.
  3. Venice: Venice, Italy is my kind of place - primarily for its artistic beauty. I'd like to visit there someday mostly to do research for a novel I've been working on. I've drawn much influence from Venetian themes and culture, like the canals, buildings, and cathedrals. I find its overall architecture highly interesting - mesmerizing, as is its language (which I'm currently learning), its customs, and its cuisine.
  4. Sri Lanka: It's not the greatest tourist attractions in the world; it has its problems, but it was once home to my dad, and I even have paternal relatives living there. I think it'd be nice to visit there someday. It'd also be pretty neat to visit the capital and see the Indian Ocean up-close. This island south of India boasts rich culture, history, architecture, and a unique population. Mmm...frikkadels... lol

Pretty boring, huh? ;)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This is not something I've given much thought to. I'm quite content staying in one place for the most part, actually, and anyplace I'd want to see I could look up with a few taps of my keyboard and clicks of my mouse. However, I know there's more out there than what can be seen on a screen. It'd all be a matter of feeling motivated enough and financially prepared to get out there. So, here's my list of dream places:

Greece - I've always been fascinated by the stories of Greek Mythology, and growing up I sometimes wondered what it'd be like to visit there. I wonder what the cultures and foods are like, if they're everything such as described in books or if the experiences have been embellished. Seeing certain sites from Greece is also a desire of mine, such as Mount Olympus and the city of Athens, or what might be left of it.

New Zealand - Watching Lord of the Rings and the bonus material of the trilogy made of aware of the exquisiteness of this country. I'd love touring the towns and taking long treks out into the spaces untamed and untouched by civilization. Even more so, if it's allowed, I'd walk the sets where Lord of the Rings (and now The Hobbit, I'd venture to guess) were filmed. It would be so cool if a few of the original cast members were present as well. :)

Canada/Alaska - I hear the "North" of North America is very gorgeous for the most part. Of course I'd want to go during the summer, when it's warm and the scenery is equally splendid. Either place works for me, so long as everything's enjoyable about it.

Hawaii - If there is any tropical area on the face of the Earth I'd even want to set foot on, Hawaii would be my pick. That group of islands is all about hospitality and having a good time (at least the movies/shows I've seen portray that), which interests me quite a bit. Plus there's a popular activity that I wish to try out—surfing! That looks so much fun, if you don't mind the salty sting of seawater or getting tossed every time you hit an insurmountable wave. Nevertheless, even if I never mastered boarding, at least I could say I attempted it.
smile.gif

Italy - Much like with Greece, I'm interested in experiencing the culture for myself. In ancient times the Italians were the Romans and they borrowed certain aspects from the Greeks and "refined" to fit their own perceptions of life. To take in them both would be enlightening and help me understand what made them so impacting to begin with. Additionally, Italy's cuisine holds a certain intrigue of mine...namely, pizza. Sampling a traditional Italian pie would make my stay there. :love:

Suppose I have a penchant for beautiful locales. :P

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Japan-I would really love to go to the place where my Kagamine Twins were made . I'm seriously obsess with Japanese stuff, especially Vocaloid,Anime,manga,and drawings I would really love to live in Tokyo.

The Four corners-Heck ya, I wanna be in four states at the same time

England- I wanna see how many people will confuse the crap out of me with their accent

Australia- I wonder what steak tastes like there

Russia- Dem Russians with their Soviet Russia jokes

Italy- PIZZA!!!

Greece- Greek Mythology is coming back to him

Last edited:

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Pretty much anywhere outside the United States. But my top 3 places I would love to go in order are:

1) Japan
2) Ireland
3) Austraila

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
6. China: You would think such a major world superpower would be higher on my list but the current Communist regime there dissuades me. Also, the instant assumption is that China is a homogeneous country. That, however, could not be more wrong. There are tens hundreds of different dialects and cultures that thrive there thus providing an insightful scholarly opportunity that cannot be replicated elsewhere.

I wouldn't let the government dissuade you. I have a friend who lives there for three months every year, and the only thing you'd actually notice is the internet. Youtube is blocked off I know. But he did what most teenagers do in China. They hacked. I do agree with you though. It is a really diverse country.( I would love to go Guangxi)

I wouldn't let the government dissuade you. I have a friend who lives there for three months every year, and the only thing you'd actually notice is the internet. Youtube is blocked off I know. But he did what most teenagers do in China. They hacked. I do agree with you though. It is a really diverse country.( I would love to go Guangxi)

Thanks for the information, man. That certainly makes me more inclined to visit the nation. You're right, nations like Cuba and North Korea are much stricter in regards to censorship than China. :)

Rachel

be vigitant
1. France - France is rich in history and culture, and doesn't lack in beauty, either. I have a friend who used to live in France, so I've heard great things about it. ^^
2. Italy - Rome, Venice, Florence... I'd love to visit Italy not only for the food but for the amazing sights that I am sure will be there.
3. New Zealand - It's considered a pretty safe country, which is always a plus. I've looked at pictures, and New Zealand looks stunning.
4. Japan - It would be amazing to see a totally different culture. I'm especially interested in seeing Tokyo.
5. England - I'd like to see all those castles and palaces, and see where part of my family came from.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
1. Athens - I've always wanted to see this city, obviously. It may not be as much now, with Greece the way it is, but it was once a center of learning and civilization at a time when most other nations were not capable of this. It was the place where logic was born.

2. Rome - I've researched a lot about about the ancient Romans and the Renaissance, and there are a lot of artifacts/remnants of their culture that I'd like to see. They had a really fascinating civilization for an ancient people.

3. Kyoto - I'm very interested in Japanese history, and Kyoto was historically the capital of Japan before it was moved to Tokyo. It's very rich in tradition and history, and I feel I could learn the most from going there.

4. London - I'm somewhat fascinated by English history and the various eras, and I'm curious about several landmarks and events that happened there. It also has an ancient link to the Romans in some places, I've heard.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I'd like to travel around nearby Europe a little bit, have at least one holiday outside of the UK.

Mainly i'd want to actually spend some time in France, instead of driving through it, and maybe have a trip to Germany. I don't have an eloquent reason as to why i'd visit those two places, they're simply away from the UK and I don't need to get on a plane.

Crusnikbat

Professional Dork
I'd like to go to Japan because I love the culture And I'm a huge anime/manga dork and I'd like to go to Germany or Lichtenstein. Yes, Lichtenstein.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom